Leafs can’t close, Matthews and Marner shooting blanks.

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I don't get the overwhelming votes for the Habs. As far as I know we're still an awful team.

I expect the Leafs to come in hungry in game seven. It could be ugly for the Habs.

That being said, I can also expect yet again another Leafs choke. It's gonna be wild!!

Why? You're gonna make me do it?

2017 they lost to the Cup Winners in round 1, fair enough.

A ton a years not makin the playoffs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdvoDFTcTLw

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
For sure. Anywhere warmer with a better prospect than a historically first round playoff exit.
I'm not sure if you're serious, but I would be shocked if any NHL player preferred to be in a warmer climate during few days surrounding the 41 home games rather than to play for a contender. Sure, warm weather is nice but as a professional hockey player I doubt there's much time to soak it in during the season, and you can go be anywhere you want in the off-season and after you retire.
Pretty impressive PPG in the playoffs for Matthews.

How is this guy comparable to Mac and Mcd again?
McDavid din't exactly light it up in this years playoffs either. He had 3 of his 4 points in one game and he was personally responsible for two OT goals against.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
I hope I’m wrong but I think Leafs take game 7. Happy with the series regardless of outcome.

Reactions: dukeofjive

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
As a leaf fan, I'm tired. We had such a promising core a couple years ago. Even if we beat this garbage MTL team, we're gonna get swept.

Part of me wants them to lose so we can clean house, however I highly doubt that will happen. So I guess I'm cheering for a win since I know our management team and core is coming back no matter what. There is no Masai in our organization, we will ride with this core until they are gone and win nothing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Who knows who wins?

Did the article happen to say who Leafs are tied with and what team holds the record?

No. It was an ESPN forward via the Athletic. My guess would be Washington, they’ve pulled quite a few choke jobs over the years prior to winning the cup. Possibly the Sharks as well, they blew a 3-0 series lead to LA when the Kings won their first cup.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
As a leaf fan, I'm tired. We had such a promising core a couple years ago. Even if we beat this garbage MTL team, we're gonna get swept.

Part of me wants them to lose so we can clean house, however I highly doubt that will happen. So I guess I'm cheering for a win since I know our management team and core is coming back no matter what. There is no Masai in our organization, we will ride with this core until they are gone and win nothing.
If Toronto loses Game 7, then they NEED to do something and change the core. It would be 5 consecutive years of the same core losing in the 1st-round.

However, I could see the decision-makers saying to themselves "if only we had Tavares, then things would have been different".

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
If Toronto loses Game 7, then they NEED to do something and change the core. It would be 5 consecutive years of the same core losing in the 1st-round.

However, I could see the decision-makers saying to themselves "if only we had Tavares, then things would have been different".

So if we win and then proceed to get swept/lose to the Jets, you view it as a success?

This MTL team is trash, worst team to make the playoffs in years. Our core here is capped out. This is it. Its not getting any better.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So much pressure to win game 7. Gotta think some jobs will be lost if the Leafs go down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad