Leafs can’t close, Matthews and Marner shooting blanks.

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think Spezza will carry the Leafs to a game 7 win. Montreal has done a good job of shutting down the heavy hitters so far

Reactions: llamateizer

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Matthews at least appears to be more engaged, more emotionally invested than does Marner, but still, if you score so many in regular, it’s gotta happen in the playoffs too.

I don’t know how to explain Marner’s subpar performance, and loss of his world class decision making hockey brain, but Matthews I think is trying. His effort or focus, maybe needs to be harnessed or something. Even a legendary leader like Yzerman was doubted, well in his late 20s and early 30s before everything clicked. Regardless, a goal scorer has to score in the playoffs.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
The laffs post game thread has them lighting pitchforks n gathering torches to run marner out o town. That'd be sweet. Could you imagine matthews without his set up man.

The Oilers have cap space, the Leafs do not. If they lose again, you can’t keep the same core. He’s the odd man out due to his contract. It’s not like they won’t get a good return for him, and Toronto can attract free agents.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Bunch a trolls saying Matthew's is leaving. Same type of idiots who say Mcdavid is leaving Edmonton.

Honest question...just because you drafted him you think he'll never ever leave?

Everyone has a breaking point.

I can totally seeing him asking to get out if you cant put more than one piece around him.

It's his legacy. Don't think he's there forever. The best of the best want to win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino