Leafs can’t close, Matthews and Marner shooting blanks.

Who wins Game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Matthews at least appears to be more engaged, more emotionally invested than does Marner, but still, if you score so many in regular, it’s gotta happen in the playoffs too.

I don’t know how to explain Marner’s subpar performance, and loss of his world class decision making hockey brain, but Matthews I think is trying. His effort or focus, maybe needs to be harnessed or something. Even a legendary leader like Yzerman was doubted, well in his late 20s and early 30s before everything clicked. Regardless, a goal scorer has to score in the playoffs.

Everytime he has the puck he stops up at the blueline. The Habs take away his passing lanes because they know he'll never drive the net or shoot from the point. I imagine he'll eventually figure it out, doubt it's in a Leafs jersey though.

If he goes pointless Monday I'd do him a favour and trade him to Buffalo so he doesn't have to worry about the playoffs anymore.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
While I feel like Matthews and Marner are putting up a good effort, that doesn’t cut it to win in the playoffs. Your star players need to produce or you’re going home. It’s that simple really

Mar 26, 2010
Who wins game 7? The series is already over. Montreal has already won.

The Leafs are mentally broken. In their heads they have already lost.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Bunch a trolls saying Matthew's is leaving. Same type of idiots who say Mcdavid is leaving Edmonton.

Same type of idiots who said Eichel wanted out of Buffalo...

And also the SAME chuckleheads who said it was a slam dunk for Stamkos to "go home" to Toronto once his previous contract was up with Tampa Bay! :laugh:

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The laffs post game thread has them lighting pitchforks n gathering torches to run marner out o town. That'd be sweet. Could you imagine matthews without his set up man.
Imagine if the Habs win game 7 by a score of 4-3, but Marner scores all 3 goals --- will they then turn the pitchforks on Matthews?

Reactions: oilers'72

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Everytime he has the puck he stops up at the blueline. The Habs take away his passing lanes because they know he'll never drive the net or shoot from the point. I imagine he'll eventually figure it out, doubt it's in a Leafs jersey though.

Marner drew a slashing penalty driving to the net so...

His problem is that his shot is weak and his release is embarrassingly slow and predictable.

Reactions: oilers'72

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't get the overwhelming votes for the Habs. As far as I know we're still an awful team.

I expect the Leafs to come in hungry in game seven. It could be ugly for the Habs.

That being said, I can also expect yet again another Leafs choke. It's gonna be wild!!

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Kee8CAG.gif

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Just think about that over the glass penalty Marner took. He was in his own zone and launched that thing over the glass in the Canadiens zone, threw a freakin hail mary football pass 200 feet. He had all the time in the world. That tells me his mental game isn't right. He's full of self doubt. Nobody who watched that kid play hockey for the last 6 years doubts his puck skills and vision. That is just an insane mistake to make in an elimination game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I saw only one superstar on the ice tonight. He was playing goal for MTL.

I though MTL was very lucky to win.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
His assist totals arent bothersome, it's his lack of goals/scoring chances. Hes not a passer, plain and simple.

His comment is just mentioning his abysmal point totals in general, wouldn't you prefer he had more assists compared to the almost nothing he has now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad