Confirmed with Link: Leafs Blowout Habs 6-3 | Johnsson >> Domi

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It was hardly a blow out as the opening title suggest.....two empty net goals.

But I wonder what the talk on this site would have been if the Leafs had given up a 3 goal lead. Yep, talk about the Leafs lousy Dmen and their defence. Happens to another team (Habs is this case), not a peep.

Joedoggy....above. You're right except Babcock gets the Leafs in the hole more often than not with his idiotic line matching. Betcha it costs the Leafs a first round series when the Leafs are so busy about line changing and racing off the ice, instead of playing the puck.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Oh want him for scoring? My post was referring to his physicality and fighting he is not close to the same player he was

Check the hit on Dumolin last night. We are not getting him but he still has some physicality left in the tank. He had his ass buried in front of Murray in the last minute of the game. We could use somebody like that but the cost is way too high.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Anyone have the Nylander goal? It won’t load on the NHL app and I haven’t seen it yet.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Check the hit on Dumolin last night. We are not getting him but he still has some physicality left in the tank. He had his ass buried in front of Murray in the last minute of the game. We could use somebody like that but the cost is way too high.

Tampa may take a run at him.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The best part of the game, was Mathews getting involved physically .
Especially with Weber .
Keep it up.
This was the play of the game for me.

Matthews has to play with some jam and emotion. Last week (I don't remember which game) i thought the most important play was when Matthews' check passed the puck after Matthews had just given up on him instead of driving him into the boards. He needs to play like it's the playoffs, not 3 on 3 minor hockey, every game now.

Matthews is just one guy, but he's the biggest guy not named Fred (neither of whom really skate), he's the leader, and he sets the tone for the team. He needs to bring it every night.

Good forty minutes last night.

Let's have sixty from now on.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
But I wonder what the talk on this site would have been if the Leafs had given up a 3 goal lead. Yep, talk about the Leafs lousy Dmen and their defence. Happens to another team (Habs is this case), not a peep.
Everyone's watching the Leafs whether they want to admit it or not. Comes with the territory.

If the Leafs let in 6 in a row after scoring 3 there would be a 1000 post thread on the main board about it

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'd rather pay double the price with Rogers or Bell than pay 1 nickel to Comwave with asshat Domi as their spokesperson.

Him, and his headhunting, crosschecking, puke of a son, can just f***off!

Tie Domi should never be allowed to play in a Leafs alumni game ever! We don't need that traitor representing our Leafs!

He can take his services to the Habs organization where he truly belongs!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I get part of the non-call. It's a battle, sure Weber went outside the battle once he was embarrassed, but both engaged. Absolutely non excuse for the missed hook on Johnsson ~20 seconds prior though. That was a partial breakaway he negated purely by a blatant infraction.

Also look at about 2:25 left in the first. Old style 1980s water ski hook on Tavares right in front of the ref, no call.

The refs let the Habs get away with murder all game. Habs fans after the game almost to a man blaming refs. Perfect.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

horner

May 22, 2007
Matthews showing a little mean streak the last two games. I like it. I’d also like to see him take it a just little further and get a 1 game suspension, a la Malkin.
Needs to realize he's a big boy.
He also needs to stand up for himself.
Hopefully this shows what he can do.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One of their mods is so pissed off lol. Thinks that the Leafs are a fraud and cherry picks 2019 stats to prove his point.

Who knew that teams would look bad when you only account for their worst stretch?

It would be nice to knock the Habs out on the last game of the season where they need a point or two to make it.

Reactions: Lilou

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nice comeback win. Great game by Matthews along with his linemates, I thought Hyman was terrific as well. Nylander getting two points in his worst game in weeks is just hockey. Babcock's handling of the third line is peak Babcock.

Standout in the game is the ref coming up to compliment the battle right after Weber pulls Matthews down by grabbing his foot. I'm fairly sure that's not so much a good battle as an obvious penalty.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nice comeback win. Great game by Matthews along with his linemates, I thought Hyman was terrific as well. Nylander getting two points in his worst game in weeks is just typical hockey. Babcock's handling of the third line is peak Babcock.

Standout in the game is the ref coming up to compliment the battle right after Weber pulls Matthews down by grabbing his foot. I'm fairly sure that's not so much a good battle as an obvious penalty.

Would have preferred to see Matthews come back at Weber rather than run away. That was a bad look, but at least engaging is a baby step and progress is progress

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
wilson said kadri is not good enough to be a center; carlyle came in and started kadri at center

about one good thing carlyle did for teh leafs was play kadri at center and make playoffs after 10 years of heart ache

nice and out of context:thumbu:

what he said is Naz wasn't disciplined enough to play centre at the NHL level, when he finally got serious about the game and his professional career he's become a pretty good NHL centre

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nice comeback win. Great game by Matthews along with his linemates, I thought Hyman was terrific as well. Nylander getting two points in his worst game in weeks is just typical hockey. Babcock's handling of the third line is peak Babcock.

Yep. Let go everything before if you have to because they both were dishing it out. The trip where he just holds on to Matthews' legs? How is that a good battle. That is a tripping call by a pissed off player who was embarrassed the whole night.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs? You mispelled refs. ****ing disgusting.
Waaaaaahhhhh waaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Cry me a river.

Fact is the habs are a crap team. They coughed up a 3 goal lead. A couple of vad goals on a weak start and then they couldnt do anything once the leafs woke up. The habs roster is trash for the most part so when price isnt playing his best the habs dont win.

Go back to the habs board and cry with your compadres.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Yep. Let go everything before if you have to because they both were dishing it out. The trip where he just holds on to Matthews' legs? How is that a good battle. That is a tripping call by a pissed off player who was embarrassed the whole night.
Weber was made to look old with his foot speed (beat to the outside all game) so tried to play the physical game against one of the youngsters, dont know why he picked Matthews LOL. One of the biggest guys on the ice.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Weber was made to look old with his foot speed (beat to the outside all game) so tried to play the physical game against one of the youngsters, dont know why he picked Matthews LOL. One of the biggest guys on the ice.
Weber was a great dman 7 9r 8 years ago but hes getting old and the game has moved away from what he brings. Hes not terrible but not really i one if the better dmen in the nhl anymore.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
You misspelled misspelled....and thats hilarious!!

You misspelled misspelled....and thats hilarious!!

what's even funnier than that, it's an improper usage of the term

A past participle is required in that situation, and so, to be correct the word you'd actually be looking for is "misspelt!"

your welcome:teach2:

oh yeah and I know it's YOU'RE

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Also look at about 2:25 left in the first. Old style 1980s water ski hook on Tavares right in front of the ref, no call.

The refs let the Habs get away with murder all game. Habs fans after the game almost to a man blaming refs. Perfect.

Yup, and that was in the middle of 3 straight Habs PPs. We caught a break on the GTG, but they certainly caught breaks with the officiating.

Reactions: HR Pickens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad