Confirmed with Link: Leafs Blowout Habs 6-3 | Johnsson >> Domi

member 300185

what's even funnier than that, it's an improper usage of the term

A past participle is required in that situation, and so, to be correct the word you'd actually be looking for is "misspelt!"

your welcome:teach2:

oh yeah and I know it's YOU'RE
Either is correct actually. And, if you knew it was "you're" then why didnt you edit it?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I’m glad we won but can someone please explain to me why the fourth line was out there right after we scored a goal two times in the third period?

Is everyone else just tired? Why was the fourth line out there directly after Nylander scored? Montreal got some good momentum right after we scored.
When you have a weak fourth line like we do, it's hard to get ideal usage from them. Ideally, you'd like to play them against other teams fourth lines. You'd also like to make sure to play them on the fly in away games, so you don't end up giving an easy matchup to the opposing teams. I'd also prefer getting them out there in the offensive zone, as I trust their backcheck and forechecking but don't trust them to be able to move the puck up the ice from a defensive zone start. But it's kind of hard to scratch off that whole list and still give them some meaningful minutes.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Boy peeps should read through this game thread 1 and 2 everything from fire Babs, fire Dubas, fire Hiller, fire DJ Smith, Andersen sucks he lets in easy ones, Marleau sucks, Marner Sucks, Brown sucks, Muzzin sucks, Hymans a plug, Zaitsev and Gardner sucks get rid of them, Mathews is overpaid he sucks and has no heart, Kadri stinks, Nylander trade him he sucks, Hainsey sucks he is slow, Muzzin is slow, 4th line is crap they all suck, this team is soft no heart he's much too shy but never mind you three, Auntie M. Auntie M ^%$# sakes man then when the team comes back and wins its character win I love this guy that guy, Habs suck, roflmao, someone take out Domi oh we have no one, but when people want Simmonds and Ferland, to replace Brown, Lindholm etc. No their plugs yadda yadda they wont make a difference blah blah freakin Bi Polar threads. We have some issues yes, there are 4 to 5 passengers, we need a couple guys hard to play against, tough, who can also play hockey and I guarantee the rest will gain courage and play way more with confidence and a much better team, now you will see the people who call this face punchers, goons, go to the extreme to argue magical tales how it won't help

Reactions: Duffman955

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Boy peeps should read through this game thread 1 and 2 everything from fire Babs, fire Dubas, fire Hiller, fire DJ Smith, Andersen sucks he lets in easy ones, Marleau sucks, Marner Sucks, Brown sucks, Muzzin sucks, Hymans a plug, Zaitsev and Gardner sucks get rid of them, Mathews is overpaid he sucks and has no heart, Kadri stinks, Nylander trade him he sucks, Hainsey sucks he is slow, Muzzin is slow, 4th line is crap they all suck, this team is soft no heart he's much too shy but never mind you three, Auntie M. Auntie M ^%$# sakes man then when the team comes back and wins its character win I love this guy that guy, Habs suck, roflmao, someone take out Domi oh we have no one, but when people want Simmonds and Ferland, to replace Brown, Lindholm etc. No their plugs yadda yadda they wont make a difference blah blah freakin Bi Polar threads. We have some issues yes, there are 4 to 5 passengers, we need a couple guys hard to play against, tough, who can also play hockey and I guarantee the rest will gain courage and play way more with confidence and a much better team, now you will see the people who call this face punchers, goons, go to the extreme to argue magical tales how it won't help

Man you need to put this in essay format. It will be a good read

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nice comeback win. Great game by Matthews along with his linemates, I thought Hyman was terrific as well. Nylander getting two points in his worst game in weeks is just hockey. Babcock's handling of the third line is peak Babcock.

Standout in the game is the ref coming up to compliment the battle right after Weber pulls Matthews down by grabbing his foot. I'm fairly sure that's not so much a good battle as an obvious penalty.
Thought he could have called Matthews for one there as well and the no call was just evening it up.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Fact is, some of that was true. Even after watching the highlights several times, I'm still off the opinion Andersen needed to make a save or two on the first three goals. All three were very savable. The team was looking very good until the floodgates opened. To his credit, he settled down and made some very good saves to secure the win but it doesn't make me wrong to point out he was bad in the 1st.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Fact is, some of that was true. Even after watching the highlights several times, I'm still off the opinion Andersen needed to make a save or two on the first three goals. All three were very savable. The team was looking very good until the floodgates opened. To his credit, he settled down and made some very good saves to secure the win but it doesn't make me wrong to point out he was bad in the 1st.
Agree on the goals but many times has he saved our bacon in other games. Yes I also agree the team came out of the gate well until a few softies went in

Reactions: HR Pickens

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He went after the puck and the play while Weber was shocked he was dumped on his ass so quick.

You don't want your star player swinging when he doesn't have to. Weber was not that egregious to Matthews. A penalty for interference yes. But worth going back for? When Webers on his knees? Lol

Matthews more valuable without a cracked hand. Maybe in a few years he can have that man grit. But hes still a 21 yr old kid

Go leafs!!

Cracked hand? Why do you people always assume the worst is going to happen? Turn around and shove him and give him a face wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad