Confirmed with Link: Leafs Blowout Habs 6-3 | Johnsson >> Domi

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
For whatever reason our top 3 didn't perform as expected last series against Boston.
I can't put my finger on it but I don't see that happening again and I am actually hoping we play them first round.

Reactions: LighthouseKeepr

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Whew! Finally a comeback win (only our second this year when trailing after two). Good game.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Does anyone remember the game when Johnsson was pushed around like a little bitch and looked like he didn't even belong in the NHL? Woke up after that and scored a hatty. I like when he gets a little abused.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Does anyone remember the game when Johnsson was pushed around like a little ***** and looked like he didn't even belong in the NHL? Woke up after that and scored a hatty. I like when he gets a little abused.
Gudas body slammed him in the corner, and Johnsson expressed his displease by talking to him on the ice.

Then he scored 3 goals later against his former teammate, all goals between the legs. The Flyers got rid of Pickard after that because he sucks.

Reactions: saffronleaf

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Congrats to Mitch Marner on breaking the 200-point mark for his career.

A selection of forwards from the first round of 2015:

McDavid -- 341 pts
Eichel -- 243 pts
Marner -- 201 pts
Rantanen -- 201 pts
Barzal -- 136 pts
Konecny -- 112 pts
Boeser -- 101 pts
Meier -- 93 pts
Zacha -- 68 pts
Strome -- 43 pts

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
They put their 4 line on the ice. It really is not that hard to understand. Babcock plays our 4th lines against the other teams.

Our 4th line played a little over 7:30 at 5 on 5 ice time while the Habs played their 4line just over 10 minutes 5on5. Seriously people need to at a bare minimum understand what they are watching before complaining.

I think you need to take it easy and not make assumptions about my post.

I wasn’t complaining, I was genuinely curious as to the logic of why the 4th line often goes out there immediately following us scoring a goal when it’s easy to understand why that’s our weakest line and could potentially switch momentum (or even get scored on) with a strong shift from the opposing team. Now if you’re suggesting the reason for that is because the opposition also plays their 4th line immediately after they get scored on, fair enough and I obviously missed that and thank you for bringing that to my attention.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I think it’s clear why the leafs won this one..during the 1st intermission all the guys walked past Marleau..this made them instantly better and from there they never looked back!! J/k!
But seriously, still feeling great about this win

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Congrats to Mitch Marner on breaking the 200-point mark for his career.

A selection of forwards from the first round of 2015:

McDavid -- 341 pts
Eichel -- 243 pts
Marner -- 201 pts
Rantanen -- 201 pts
Barzal -- 136 pts
Konecny -- 112 pts
Boeser -- 101 pts
Meier -- 93 pts
Zacha -- 68 pts
Strome -- 43 pts
Pretty interesting that the guy Leaf management was considering trading down for, Rantanen, is tied as the third highest producing player of that draft. Marner all day, but a nice nod to the Leafs scouting department.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Boy peeps should read through this game thread 1 and 2 everything from fire Babs, fire Dubas, fire Hiller, fire DJ Smith, Andersen sucks he lets in easy ones, Marleau sucks, Marner Sucks, Brown sucks, Muzzin sucks, Hymans a plug, Zaitsev and Gardner sucks get rid of them, Mathews is overpaid he sucks and has no heart, Kadri stinks, Nylander trade him he sucks, Hainsey sucks he is slow, Muzzin is slow, 4th line is crap they all suck, this team is soft no heart he's much too shy but never mind you three, Auntie M. Auntie M ^%$# sakes man then when the team comes back and wins its character win I love this guy that guy, Habs suck, roflmao, someone take out Domi oh we have no one, but when people want Simmonds and Ferland, to replace Brown, Lindholm etc. No their plugs yadda yadda they wont make a difference blah blah freakin Bi Polar threads. We have some issues yes, there are 4 to 5 passengers, we need a couple guys hard to play against, tough, who can also play hockey and I guarantee the rest will gain courage and play way more with confidence and a much better team, now you will see the people who call this face punchers, goons, go to the extreme to argue magical tales how it won't help
It's only bipolar if its the same fans that are commenting both ways. Some of us only write positive stuff, some only criticize. With millions of fans ofcourse the Leafs have plenty of both. and some bipolar as well. lol

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

I wasn’t complaining, I was genuinely curious as to the logic of why the 4th line often goes out there immediately following us scoring a goal when it’s easy to understand why that’s our weakest line and could potentially switch momentum (or even get scored on) with a strong shift from the opposing team. Now if you’re suggesting the reason for that is because the opposition also plays their 4th line immediately after they get scored on, fair enough and I obviously missed that and thank you for bringing that to my attention.

I never made assumptions and you think that Babcock is wrong as clearly seen again with your above post.

Your post was a complaint as is this one. Our 4th line does not score a lot but guess what it seldom gets scored against and is a very responsible line Defensively. They usually play more in the ozone and build or start momentum not lose it. Babs limits the 4th line ice time as he likes to play them against other teams 4th lines. When losing he plays out top 3 lines and our 4th line sees limited or no ice time in the last 15 minutes of a game.

When we are protecting a one goal lead Babs uses his defensive trusted players a lot.

Reactions: mclaren55

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I never made assumptions and you think that Babcock is wrong as clearly seen again with your above post.

Your post was a complaint as is this one. Our 4th line does not score a lot but guess what it seldom gets scored against and is a very responsible line Defensively. They usually play more in the ozone and build or start momentum not lose it. Babs limits the 4th line ice time as he likes to play them against other teams 4th lines. When losing he plays out top 3 lines and our 4th line sees limited or no ice time in the last 15 minutes of a game.

When we are protecting a one goal lead Babs uses his defensive trusted players a lot.

Please quote where I said I believe he was wrong?? Not getting why he makes a particular decision is different then me believing he’s some idiot and is wrong!! So yes YOU ARE making assumptions.
I was actually looking for insight as I don’t get why he made the decision and gave my reasoning on why its confusing to me. I even appreciated the parts of your post that provided insight. Its called debating. What‘s funny is there are folks with far more excessive views of Babcock and for some reason you’ve caught onto a guy who may not always understand or like his decisions but ultimately realizes he’s one of the most accomplished coaches in the League.

Here are my quotes again, read it carefully and try not to assume I hate Babcock.

Yeah I have to admit, not sure what the logic is where we are constantly putting out our 4th line on after we score a goal. But it is definitely deliberate so maybe someone can explain that one?[/QUOTE]

The bold here suggests I’m looking for an explanation not complaining!

This entire post is my thought process, not a complaint!

Below is an example of a post that actually tries to explain the thought process or reasoning without making assumptions of why a question is asked. That's simply all I was looking for.

When you have a weak fourth line like we do, it's hard to get ideal usage from them. Ideally, you'd like to play them against other teams fourth lines. You'd also like to make sure to play them on the fly in away games, so you don't end up giving an easy matchup to the opposing teams. I'd also prefer getting them out there in the offensive zone, as I trust their backcheck and forechecking but don't trust them to be able to move the puck up the ice from a defensive zone start. But it's kind of hard to scratch off that whole list and still give them some meaningful minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad