Confirmed with Link: Leafs Blowout Habs 6-3 | Johnsson >> Domi

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I hate how we start. Spotting the other team a 2 or 3 goal lead by the end of the 1st a stupid way to start games. If the game starts at 7:00, we seem to show up at 7:30. If it doesn't work against the dregs like the Coyotes and the Panther's, it's suicide against a team like Boston or Tampa in the playoffs. It needs to stop.

No team can play their A game for an entire 60 minutes every night in a league with this much parity, it's unrealistic. I'm sure Montreal fans are whining about their team only being able to show up for the first 20 minutes and how if they only could play the entire game that way they would have won. All teams are going to have stretches of the game where they are on the back foot and defending, good teams "weather the storm" more often than not by not turning it over when they do get possession and being in good positions defensively, Leafs didn't do a good job of that last night but Montreal did an even worse job.

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
Great comeback for the win! My favorite part was when Montreal tried to get physical and Matthews shoved Weber back, only for Weber to fall flat on his ass.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
For sure. That is the most emotion I have seen Matthews play with. He was driven last night.

His performance last night is Captain material. Feels nice to have 3 guys (and potentially more) who could be our captain.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Not gonna lie I was pissed by the first period performance and turned off the game. Never thought they would catch up but guess I was wrong when i checked the score later yesterday evening. Nice come back effort. Annoying watching them to this comeback style and coming out of the gates flat footed and clueless.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Great comeback for the win! My favorite part was when Montreal tried to get physical and Matthews shoved Weber back, only for Weber to fall flat on his ass.

My favorite part is reading the Habs board and they need just 'a few tweaks to be an elite team!'

A few tweaks, like a top pairing LD and a franchise center.

Those guys are totally easy to find, you can just trade a 2nd and Lekhonen for them!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’m glad we won but can someone please explain to me why the fourth line was out there right after we scored a goal two times in the third period?

Is everyone else just tired? Why was the fourth line out there directly after Nylander scored? Montreal got some good momentum right after we scored.

Reactions: dsred and Al14

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
It was hardly a blow out as the opening title suggest.....two empty net goals.

But I wonder what the talk on this site would have been if the Leafs had given up a 3 goal lead. Yep, talk about the Leafs lousy Dmen and their defence. Happens to another team (Habs is this case), not a peep.

Joedoggy....above. You're right except Babcock gets the Leafs in the hole more often than not with his idiotic line matching. Betcha it costs the Leafs a first round series when the Leafs are so busy about line changing and racing off the ice, instead of playing the puck.
oh it 'll be a blowout at work tomorrow. lol

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
You know I'd give it a pass if it were a reaction to some specific dirty/dangerous incident by Johnsson. It really came across an attempt to bully/scare the player. What was very rewarding is that it clearly didn't work in any way.

Precisely the point. I’m old school. Love the physical side of the game. Going after Johnsson the way Domi did was gutless.

Love that AJ thrived in spite of it, maybe because of it.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I’m glad we won but can someone please explain to me why the fourth line was out there right after we scored a goal two times in the third period?

Is everyone else just tired? Why was the fourth line out there directly after Nylander scored? Montreal got some good momentum right after we scored.

Yeah I have to admit, not sure what the logic is where we are constantly putting out our 4th line on after we score a goal. But it is definitely deliberate so maybe someone can explain that one?

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Oh cmon its hockey lol, no friends on the ice and thats the way it should be.. If it was off the ice then yeah hed be an *******. Do you remember Gary Roberts or Mark Messier they are the nicest guys but completely ruthless on the ice... Also Johnson is a little bit scrappy too its not like it was against Marleau

I’d have no problem with Domi checking Johnsson as a natural part of the play. Fair game. But the chirps, the Cro-Magnon grin, the squaring up...on Andreas Johnsson!? Nah. That’s weaksauce.

I could see it if AJ was acting the villain. But he plays a pretty straight laced game. He’s just not the type of guy you do what Domi did to him.

Doubt it happens if Wayne Simmonds or a similar player’s on the other wing.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Would have preferred to see Matthews come back at Weber rather than run away. That was a bad look, but at least engaging is a baby step and progress is progress

He went after the puck and the play while Weber was shocked he was dumped on his ass so quick.

You don't want your star player swinging when he doesn't have to. Weber was not that egregious to Matthews. A penalty for interference yes. But worth going back for? When Webers on his knees? Lol

Matthews more valuable without a cracked hand. Maybe in a few years he can have that man grit. But hes still a 21 yr old kid

Go leafs!!

Reactions: Eb

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Babcock could at least make the 4th line decent if he wants to deploy them like that. the Islanders use their 4th line a good deal, but they play pretty well. it's asking for trouble

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC

Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing. Well, my thoughts were more like "wtf is this now... WHY?"

4th line for me, the one we have anyway, 5 minutes MAX. Also, swap Brown and Ennis.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
If the Leafs need rest or anything else to bring it for that game then something is seriously wrong.

There is... the shitty schedule, Isles get two days off, play Flames, two days off, then us. Leafs play 3 in 4 starting tomorrow. No need to dig any deeper than that to figure out why they are sluggish, if they are.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Yeah I have to admit, not sure what the logic is where we are constantly putting out our 4th line on after we score a goal. But it is definitely deliberate so maybe someone can explain that one?
They put their 4 line on the ice. It really is not that hard to understand. Babcock plays our 4th lines against the other teams.

Our 4th line played a little over 7:30 at 5 on 5 ice time while the Habs played their 4line just over 10 minutes 5on5. Seriously people need to at a bare minimum understand what they are watching before complaining.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I wonder why are Hab fans allowed to troll us and their posts stay. Let’s get some infraction going.

Let’s Toss them like Mathews did to their Captain!
The Hab fans need protection or they will get mounted like Hyman did to Danault:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: diceman934

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Anecdotal observation but Matty seems to be a real Hab killer.

Where can one find career stats vs a specific team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->