TSN: Leafs are highly motivated to deal

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
Letang comes in Dion is going out pretty much. I can't see both here at the same time.

Why not?

If we can't get a good #1 center there is no reason not to upgrade other locations.

If nonis wants to build in the following order

Net > Def > Center > Wings

Then get the upgrades.. if you can then upgrade at the next position do so, but you strengthen where you can first.

I really don't think there is a good enough achievable C upgrade to get (no i do NOT want statsny, weiss, ribeiro(sp?) )

I think the idea of Gardiner for a #1 center is asinine if we don't first get a better upgrade on defense, there is no guarantee that Reilly will be ready for this next .season

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't understand... why are people saying no to Letang?

Someone just proved that we can afford him, while giving Dion and Kessel raises, thanks to 2M coming from buyouts and Liles and Komi leaving.

Phaneuf - Gunner
Ference? - Letang
Gardiner - Franson

Reimer
Bernier

= Winning

Asif16*

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Further to the Carolina tweet. There are financial restrictions the Hurricanes face. Need a top 4 D, but can't pay Letang-like dollars.
Expand

Darren DregerDarren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Interested to see if Carolina trades the 5th pick. Need a top 4 D. Could be part of a package. Told Rutherford is getting lots of calls.
Expand

How do we all feel about Gunnarsson + 21st for 5th?

Gunnarsson is a top 2 D on the Leafs, right?

Komisarek for 5th straight up

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada

Someone just proved that we can afford him, while giving Dion and Kessel raises, thanks to 2M coming from buyouts and Liles and Komi leaving.

Phaneuf - Gunner
Ference? - Letang
Gardiner - Franson

Reimer
Bernier

= Winning

pretty much have to assume that one of Gards / Gunner / Franson are gone if we get letang. Unless we managed a Kulemin + 21st + Finn + (something idk..)

But i don't disagree with the point we COULD have Letang and Phaneuf

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
We need that pod from the Fly movies and combine all the useless-contract players to create a single Grabo-Phaneuf-Liles kind of monster. Then compliance buy it back to the depths of hell where it came from.

Asif16*

We need that pod from the Fly movies and combine all the useless-contract players to create a single Grabo-Phaneuf-Liles kind of monster. Then compliance buy it back to the depths of hell where it came from.

I have no clue as to what the **** you just wrote....but since its leaf related im just gonna go ahead and agree with you anyways

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area

Phaneuf - Gunner
Ference? - Letang
Gardiner - Franson

Reimer
Bernier

= Winning

Scuderi instead of Ference then swap gunnar and Scuderi to form a strong shut down pair. Gunnarsson doesn't cut it as a 1st pair guy let alone a shut down guy.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Further to the Carolina tweet. There are financial restrictions the Hurricanes face. Need a top 4 D, but can't pay Letang-like dollars.
Expand

Interested to see if Carolina trades the 5th pick. Need a top 4 D. Could be part of a package. Told Rutherford is getting lots of calls.
Expand

Nonis would be all over that but I doubt that would entice the Canes.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Expand

Expand

I think someone else will offer a better defenseman than Gunnarsson for that pick.

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
What he's worth. How much do you want to give him ?

But, I'm guessing you're concerned about finding more cash for his raise?

Pretty easy as well.

This upcoming season:
Player | Cap Hit
Kessel | 5.4
Armstrong | 1.0
Tucker | 1.0
Total | 7.4

The following season:
Player | Cap Hit
Kessel | 7.5
Armstrong | 0.0
Tucker | 0.0
Total | 7.5

That's awesome!

snizzbone*

What he's worth. How much do you want to give him ?

But, I'm guessing you're concerned about finding more cash for his raise?

Pretty easy as well.

This upcoming season:
Player | Cap Hit
Kessel | 5.4
Armstrong | 1.0
Tucker | 1.0
Total | 7.4

The following season:
Player | Cap Hit
Kessel | 7.5
Armstrong | 0.0
Tucker | 0.0
Total | 7.5

:handclap:

InShannyWeTrust

Bring on the trades!
Aug 6, 2009
@mirtle: Dave Nonis is speaking to the media at 3 p.m. in Middle of Nowhere, New Jersey. I think he's traded for everybody.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
so we're all in agreement that Gunnarsson is not a top 2 D?

I love Gunnar and he's very comparable to a guy like Dennis Seidenberg. A very good #3.

If we can get Letang somehow...we'll have a nice blend of defenseman in Phaneuf, Letang, Gunnarsson and Rielly (I am assuming Gardiner is gone in such a trade).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad