TSN: Leafs are highly motivated to deal

Leafs For Life*

You owe me a new laptop dude. Spit out my Tim Hortons when I read this and have a sticky keyboard now. Think before you post something like that and be ready to accept the consequences next time. Great post, although I'm a mark for anything that rips on Tlusty 23 goals be damned. We don't need goals that badly.

I would seriously give my left nut to get Henrique, although I agree a trade is far more likely than an offer sheet. I'd do the rights to Kadri straight up for the rights to Henrique. We have guys like Kadri all over the roster, little inconsistent guys who can skate and are prone to the occasional spat of brilliance. We don't have anybody like Henrique, all he does is all the things you need your center ice men to do and then score in the most important games. He did it with Windsor as a junior and he's done it in the NHL with Jersey during their (almost) cup run. Do it!!!!

Holy **** I knew exactly who posted this when Kadri was talked about.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
You owe me a new laptop dude. Spit out my Tim Hortons when I read this and have a sticky keyboard now. Think before you post something like that and be ready to accept the consequences next time. Great post, although I'm a mark for anything that rips on Tlusty 23 goals be damned. We don't need goals that badly.

I would seriously give my left nut to get Henrique, although I agree a trade is far more likely than an offer sheet. I'd do the rights to Kadri straight up for the rights to Henrique. We have guys like Kadri all over the roster, little inconsistent guys who can skate and are prone to the occasional spat of brilliance. We don't have anybody like Henrique, all he does is all the things you need your center ice men to do and then score in the most important games. He did it with Windsor as a junior and he's done it in the NHL with Jersey during their (almost) cup run. Do it!!!!

Henriques not even playing center in NJ and lost his spot to the likes of "traded for a 5th round pick" Loki. Apparently he isn't what you want in a C according to devil fans an prefer him as a winger yet super scout judhead thinks hes everything you need in a C

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The only way we get Letang...

Is as a free agent so we can use other Dmen as trade bait for a number one C. They won't deal for him because Gardiner is a way cheaper option. While Letang could help,he is expensive help we don't need and would hamper our ability to land that star C. To. is tied to every rumour and trade there is. Nonnis said he was looking for a star C and top 4 dman, not super expensive Dman who would cost a fortune,especially when he is UFA and said he wanted to play here.

Nix this and any Gardiner rumour that doesn't include a top 5 pick this year or a young star C,i.e Duschene. Sorry ,Nonnis isn't that crazy.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
hey first post here just thinking with all the posturing nonis is doing was wondering if it all adds up to an offer sheet? I'm thinking Adam Henriuque at between $3,364,392 to $5,046,585, the compansation being a first and third next year. I mean he's your 23 yr old center with big upside, if we could snag him and Clarkson then maybe someone on D I think were ok. No?

We need to go deeper.

David Rundblad.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
When it comes to Dion I believe it will come down to if they can sign him to a reasonable long term deal, if not I think he is on his way out. He needs the right partner, part of me though of Boychuk but they both play the same side but he would be perfect with Dion.

I don't believe Dion is a 6.5/year player, at a much lower number he could be on the Leafs for years.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
That's right, and the management felt they needed to find a better defenseman the next season after he did.

And management probably feels like they need to find a better defenseman than Phaneuf after that Boston series.

And for the record, Beauchemin went back to Anaheim where he plays the same role as Phaneuf plays here. And he was +19 in 48 games for them last season with similar offensive production.

ThreeHundred

Mar 23, 2011
Las Vegas
And management probably feels like they need to find a better defenseman than Phaneuf after that Boston series.

And for the record, Beauchemin went back to Anaheim where he plays the same role as Phaneuf plays here. And he was +19 in 48 games for them last season with similar offensive production.

You think Beauchemin back in TO under Carlyle's system would work

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed

Haha sorry juggy not my intention but I'm glad you got the joke. If the Leafs came out with Henrique and Rychel this draft wouldn't that be something? Essex county represent!

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If he was utilized in a similar manner as Phaneuf, he would be struggling. The Ducks simply have more defensively capable defenceman than us, and their forwards can actually play defence.

On the other hand, if he had Phaneuf as a partner, both of their play would elevate. I can never see Gardiner becoming a two-way defenceman. His offensive talent and skating resulted in him disregarding his play without the puck when was young. There is nothing wrong with that, because Letang is pretty mediocre on his own end as well.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008

Why not? He's a smarter, cheaper, older version of Phaneuf. He failed in Toronto because he played under Ron Wilson in front of Vesa Toskala. Zdeno Chara with Bobby Orr's skating would have failed in those circumstances.

If he was utilized in a similar manner as Phaneuf, he would be struggling. The Ducks simply have more defensively capable defenceman than us, and their forwards can actually play defence.

Bull ****. The excuses people make for Phaneuf are awful. Gunnarsson has to make up for Phaneuf's total lack of positional awareness, not the other way around.

Leafs For Life*

Lets make excuses for Beauch, but don't allow it for Phaneuf. Summary of post above.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Leafs will likely stay put. There are no "must have" centers with any sort of 1C potential left.

With that said, I'd like them to take a chance on Zadarov if moving up was possible.

That size is a ridiculous x-factor.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Lets make excuses for Beauch, but don't allow it for Phaneuf. Summary of post above.

The excuses for Phaneuf reached such a low point during the Boston series that people were predicting what kind of injury he was playing with :laugh:

In the short time that Phaneuf spent in the Wilson/Gustavsson/Toskala freakshow he looked no better than Beauchemin had. But memories on HFBoards are short.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The Leafs are highly motivated to hint at deals:) If they sign Vinny all will be forgiven. I am still basking in the glow of Bernier instead of Luongo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad