Post-Game Talk: Leafs are a good team. They also are a franchise with skilled players

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Big win. Great game!

Nice to see some secondary scoring. Can't wait until Matthews and Nylander are back! This team will be even more dangerous!

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Woo! What a first period.

Happy for Andreas. Earlier today I saw posters calling him out for not producing much. I doubt he saw them but he definitely responded.

Going through the legs 3 times on the same goalie? Just filthy.

Good for sparks too. 4-1 now I belive

Ice Fight

Nov 4, 2015
Feels good. Been a while since I have been on here. Good to see the boys win big tnite.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
We've played a couple games lately with no penalties called. I believe as talented as out PP is. A game with no penalties favors us. Usually means the flow of the game is fast. The games play fast. Faster the game better for our Leafs.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
On a contract year:
giphy.gif

WPG has 11 players signed for next season with just under 24mill to spend. Laine, Connor, Trouba, Myers, Chiarot all need new deals.

People keep bringing up Leafs having cap issues, but no one says anything about the HELL that WPG is going to experience come Jul 1, 2019.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Flu knocked me out for the 3rd period. Good to see Sparks get the shutout! Get win by the team. happy for the AJ hat trick.
Hope you feel better. Essentially the same thing knocked me out of the first part of the game.

It was a nice game. Good work all over by the team.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's kinda scary that the Leafs are 2 points out of first, but also 2 points out of a wild card spot. the league is so tight

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Emphatic win and no penalties again. Still don't have a longer losing streak than two games either.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
John Tavares speaks with the media following Toronto's 6-0 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday.

Mitch Marner addresses the media following Toronto's 6-0 win over Philadelphia on Saturday.

Garret Sparks speaks with the media following Toronto's 6-0 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
WPG has 11 players signed for next season with just under 24mill to spend. Laine, Connor, Trouba, Myers, Chiarot all need new deals.

People keep bringing up Leafs having cap issues, but no one says anything about the HELL that WPG is going to experience come Jul 1, 2019.

Or that Tampa has 67 tied up in eleven players.

Point will need a deal after this year (6.5-7), and Serge the year after (4.5-6).

Oh and there's this other guy, I think he plays goal, who needs to be upped at the same time as Serge?

3 UFA on D in Stralman, Coburn and Girardi...they don't have the depth to let all three of them walk, they'll push hardest to keep Stralman, 5+ there.

I sure as hell wouldn't take Callahan at 5.8 for another year or Killorn at 4.45 for another five(!) years off your hands without a significant sweetener. Tyler Johnson at five is an okay value but I'm not eating that cap for free.

Gourde is worth his hit (for now), but Palat? Injures. I don't think either of them are as good as Kadri, who makes less.

Tampa's core of Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, Miller, Vasilevskiy, Gourde, McDonagh and Point is good - but can it win? Because its going to have to.

As much as people whine about 'Toronto Sports Network' and 'this is da main board not da leaf board!' and 'waah, why do we have to start at four because its the leafs?! I have no idea how business works!', anyone notice they're mentioned by page two in at least 75% of main board threads?

Reactions: LeaffaninQuebec
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad