Rumor: Leafs and Oilers discussed Brown - Larsson

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Adding around $2m more next season surely complicates it.

Most fans have Brown moving in the summer for cheap or non roster assets back for him to get all or most of his cap savings. They probably did as well. The idea having two PK guys go would've been a no go for Babcock as well.

Interesting idea for the off season though.
The saving on Brown is about 1-1.3mil if using one of the Marlies.
I do think Brown priced himself out and quite frankly, I do think Jake was part of the deal due to him being good on the PP and Oilers need someone to QB their PP.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You know being wrong so often doesn't make you right, right?

lol, aren't you the guy that claimed Liljegren is the best Marlie D'man and Rosen is terrible without him a few days ago, I will leave it at just that, go annoy somebody else now.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
lol, aren't you the guy that claimed Liljegren is the best Marlie D'man and Rosen is terrible without him a few days ago, I will leave at just that...
No I'm the guy who thinks Liljegren is the 2nd best Marlies D, and not the 5th or 6th like you think. Also Rosen was struggling for the first couple of weeks w/o Liljegren, which I posted about at the time - like 2 months ago. Nice try.

Go make a Larsson vs. Muzzin poll on the mainboards, and see how it goes chief.

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
lol, aren't you the guy that claimed Liljegren is the best Marlie D'man and Rosen is terrible without him a few days ago, I will leave it at just that, go annoy somebody else now.
Aren't you the guy that claimed Marner would drop in a re-draft and that he wouldn't be able to hack it as a top 6 in the NHL?

Aren't you the guy that falsely claimed you played in the OHL to attempt to supplement a terrible opinion you were trying to push on people?

Aren't you the guy constantly getting in ridiculous arguments on the Leafs board and never providing any proof to supplement your ridiculous opinions that you attempt to pass off as fact?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
For all we know, maybe the two teams were discussing the swap of Matthews and McDavid.

Hey, we have Brown already, and, if McDavid wants to be reunited with him?

The Oilers probably balked at having to also take Gardiner, Zaitsev, and Marleau. ;)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Oilers media guys have already tweeted at Jimmy Murphy calling him out because Larsson was never brought up at all.

It's BS.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm assuming the moving part was one of our good players?

Haha yeah exactly brown isn’t a great player, average at absolute best. So the sticking point was the better additions to the trade.

I saw oilers wanted benning for brown that was probably the counter to brown for Larson

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
If there’s any truth to this there would have to be other pieces I think that goes without saying. But if that was the base to the deal then we have to revisit this in the offseason before they hire a new gm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad