Rumor: Leafs and Oilers discussed Brown - Larsson

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Murphy is a terrible source/insider. He's eklund level.

With that said, the Oilers having interest in Brown shouldn't be a surprise. They desperately need wingers. He's capable of putting up better offensive numbers with more minutes as well. He would be a great "buy low" for a team like the Oilers.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Were Brown and Larsson the main peices?

What were the other multiple peices? Anyone have an idea or care to guess?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Dont believe it for a second. Brown for Larsson as a base just cant be true. The oilers can't be that dumb.

Oilers probably wanted to recreate a debrincat-strome scenario with brown and mcdavid.

Brown + 2nd for Larsson.

Let's not all pretend Larsson is good just because he was traded for Hall. He is an okay top 4 dman.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dont believe it for a second. Brown for Larsson as a base just cant be true. The oilers can't be that dumb.

Come on. That team didn't even trade Chiasson or any of their pending UFAs. Just look at the Strome for Spooner trade as well.

They are terrible at asset management and talent evaluation.

Reactions: Duffman955

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Have you been paying attention to the Oilers for the past decade?
If the oilers seriously made a deal with Brown as the best nhl roster piece coming back for Larsson they should be relocated. They went from MVP hall to leafs scraps. The only deal for Larsson which makes sense from a Oilers POV would be starting with Kapanen but I wouldnt make that deal as a leaf fan.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If the oilers seriously made a deal with Brown as the best nhl roster piece coming back for Larsson they should be relocated. They went from MVP hall to leafs scraps. The only deal for Larsson which makes sense from a Oilers POV would be starting with Kapanen but I wouldnt make that deal as a leaf fan.

I say again, have you paid attention to their horrific trade record the past ten years?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can't wait for June when Edmonton single handedly gives us a top 4 RHD, and takes Zaitsev and Brown off our hands.

Reactions: Kurtz

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Rishaug indicated Oilers wanted Benning for Brown.

Can't imagine any possibility they'd give up Larsson unless Brown was the add-in from the leafs side m

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I say again, have you paid attention to their horrific trade record the past ten years?
Ya but you got to think they will change up on that right. No more Chia and this has to be the last chance Their Owner gives to the Old Boys Club. They cant f*** up this rebuild/retool. The Oilers need to be a cup contender by 2022 otherwise they could see Mcdavid run out of patience.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Larsson is a top pairing d'man and much better than Muzzin
He is not, not by most advance stats, not by production, not by his performance the past 2 seasons. He is a 3/4 defender. Better than Zaitsev and would be our best rhd but he would be our 3rd nest defender next year after rielly and Muzzin if we got him in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad