In June, at the draft:

Gardiner (re-sign and trade)
Kadri
Brown

for...

Nurse
Lucic (50% retained)
1st round draft pick.

Beutiful Dreamer song playing in the back ground!

we cant afford to have $3M of cap that does less than 0 for the team

member 157595

It was probably
Brown + Zaitsev for Larsson + Lucic
And that’s why dubas said no lol

I don't see any way a GM trades for Lucic without retention and/or a massive sweetener. That contract is horrible, buyout-proof and Lucic has a NMC so he'd require an expansion draft slot. Zaitsev's contract is bad but Lucic's is worse.

Chiarelli is special.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If there is a way to trade Zaitsev and Brown as part of package for Larson+ I'm all for it.

Larson is a great upgrade on Zaitsev next to Muzzin.

Then we can focus on getting someone next to Reilly. Or dare I say that is Dermott to form the Keith-Seabrook combo I have been praying for a long time.

Reilly-Dermott
Muzzin-Larson
Rosen- UFA (dare I say Hainsey on 1 year deal)

member 157595

Wouldn't mind Adam Larsson here if it's something than can be done in the spring/summer.

He's a Top 4, defensive defenseman that shoots right. We could definitely use him. He's not a legitimate top-pairing guy but he's sure as hell better than Hainsey or Zaitsev.

However, Edmonton's defense is thin. Why would they move Larsson? They're tight against the cap too so they probably couldn't do the Leafs any favors in that regard.

member 157595

If there is a way to trade Zaitsev and Brown as part of package for Larson+ I'm all for it.

Larson is a great upgrade on Zaitsev next to Muzzin.

Then we can focus on getting someone next to Reilly. Or dare I say that is Dermott to form the Keith-Seabrook combo I have been praying for a long time.

Reilly-Dermott
Muzzin-Larson
Rosen- UFA (dare I say Hainsey on 1 year deal)

Tov6.gif

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
Kadri + Zaitsev + Brown + 2019 2nd for Larrson + Oilers 2019 1st(assuming it is 7 to 12 or so)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Well, Oilers fans are upset on the main boards.

They are acting as if Leaf fans are the ones who came up with a Brown/Larsson deal being discussed :laugh:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Well, Oilers fans are upset on the main boards.

They are acting as if Leaf fans are the ones who came up with a Brown/Larsson deal being discussed :laugh:

Brown and Bracco
Gives them 1 legit NHLer and one potential NHLer.
I'd throw in a conditional 3rd. if the Leafs win the cup within 2 years.

Larsson would be the Leafs best RD.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I could see Edmonton wanting Brown as he and McJesus are still good friends and whatever McJesus wants in Edmonton he gets. But there is not a angels chance in hell Oilers would trade Larsson for Brown. It must have included a 1st round pick and a prospect. and Leafs would have needed to get Z off their books too.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Brown+ for Larsson I would think, but I can see where Brown might get a bit underrated due to Toronto's RW depth and a (defensive) RHD get a bit overemphasized due to team need. Guess Edmonton would partially be considering the history between Brown and McDavid. Wonder what the other elements of the deal discussed would have been?

Regardless, I imagine a considerable amount of work was done on potential offseason moves leading up to yesterday's trade deadline. Whether through one or multiple deals, if the Leafs are looking to trade a winger, I suppose they have an even better idea of teams interested there. Same idea if they're looking to trade for D.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Brown + Zaitsev

For

Larsson + 50%Lucic + 2nd

Maybe something like this went down, and we refused to take lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad