News Article: Leafs Analysis at Centre - Kadri,Bolland,Bozak

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It looks a lot better with him off of it. He doesn't add anything to this team. There are so many guys like Bozak out there who could do the same thing he does at a fraction of the cost.

Sounds like your issue is with Nonis and Carlyle not Bozak.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
How can you win the Internet with an attitude like that?

This is how it's done.

:laugh:

So.... I'm not sure the point of your post, which ... is directed at me wanting to improve the team by upgrading a player that is replaceable, without question.

What do I win?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Because that mass of people made every other fan suffer all year. Get used to it. Until we replace him with someone more capable, you're probably going to hear about it.

my "vendetta" is to replace a sub-par, overpaid passenger, with someone who will improve this hockey club.

Putting Kadri where he belongs, on the 1st line, was step one. Getting rid of the great white hype is step two.

The Grabo stuff didn't to go as far as you folks do. It was slightly annoying but not nearly as much as this Bozak stuff. And isn't that kind of a childish response.

If your goal is to replace Bozak on the Leafs, how does annoying the denizens of an Internet hockey board accomplish that? Everybody on this board could be bowing down to you and your cohorts and praising you to the skies for opening our eyes to the evils of Bozak and he might still be playing the same role as he was before he got hurt. Shouldn't you be working on methods of convincing Randy Carlyle and Dave Nonis of the errors of their way?

As for Kadri belonging on the first line, bah! The only place any player belongs is in the spot where the coach decides to play them.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Don Cherry didn't say it in coach's corner he said it during a interview at some event after the leafs signed Bozak to his 21million dollar contract.

“I mean, there’s a classic case of overpaying a guy. Ridiculous. He’s a plugger, he’s playing with (Phil) Kessel and he can’t get 20 goals. You could get 20 goals playing with Kessel (laugh).â€

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/cherry-calls-bozak-a-plugger-says-leafs-overpaid/

Thanks for digging that up. It does indeed support your argument. But as I said before, I don't really care what Don Cherry thinks about anything (except as potential for comedy). And I personally wouldn't consider Don Cherry agreeing with you to be a point in your favour.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Don Cherry didn't say it in coach's corner he said it during a interview at some event after the leafs signed Bozak to his 21million dollar contract.

“I mean, there’s a classic case of overpaying a guy. Ridiculous. He’s a plugger, he’s playing with (Phil) Kessel and he can’t get 20 goals. You could get 20 goals playing with Kessel (laugh).â€

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/09/cherry-calls-bozak-a-plugger-says-leafs-overpaid/

So they can read a great quote again. Thanks Don!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
The Grabo stuff didn't to go as far as you folks do. It was slightly annoying but not nearly as much as this Bozak stuff. And isn't that kind of a childish response.

If your goal is to replace Bozak on the Leafs, how does annoying the denizens of an Internet hockey board accomplish that? Everybody on this board could be bowing down to you and your cohorts and praising you to the skies for opening our eyes to the evils of Bozak and he might still be playing the same role as he was before he got hurt. Shouldn't you be working on methods of convincing Randy Carlyle and Dave Nonis of the errors of their way?

As for Kadri belonging on the first line, bah! The only place any player belongs is in the spot where the coach decides to play them.

Get out of the threads about Bozak and quit crying. You don't want to read about people's dislike for his mediocrity, stay out of the thread. It's not childish, because I was pointing out that everyone had to hear about Grabo I every GDT, trade, and every other thread last year, and I'm simply stating that people have a right to do it to Bozak all the same.

just because it's directed at a player you like, doesn't allow YOU to dictate what yhe board should and shouldn't discuss. Don't like it? Choose not to read it.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for digging that up. It does indeed support your argument. But as I said before, I don't really care what Don Cherry thinks about anything (except as potential for comedy). And I personally wouldn't consider Don Cherry agreeing with you to be a point in your favour.

It only matters what the coach thinks... right?
Because they know more than we do... right?

Do you like your irony with w(h)ine?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So.... I'm not sure the point of your post, which ... is directed at me wanting to improve the team by upgrading a player that is replaceable, without question.

What do I win?

I find it funny that you feel your Internet vendetta will accomplish that.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Get out of the threads about Bozak and quit crying. You don't want to read about people's dislike for his mediocrity, stay out of the thread. It's not childish, because I was pointing out that everyone had to hear about Grabo I every GDT, trade, and every other thread last year, and I'm simply stating that people have a right to do it to Bozak all the same.

just because it's directed at a player you like, doesn't allow YOU to dictate what yhe board should and shouldn't discuss. Don't like it? Choose not to read it.

Of course it's ****ing childish. Bozak isn't even playing right now yet my twitter feed is filled with people *****ing and moaning about him. I've never seen any wanna be media people celebrate that much over a player on their own team being injured than went Bozak went on IR.

We are 1st in the east yet you people can't stop with the negativity. It's annoying as ****.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Nice numbers. So the bias for the blogger is that he wants Kadri to be the #1 so when people throw out advance stats its always with a bias to lead people to accept their point of view.

Now I am not saying Bozak is an elite #1 C in the lines of Toews, Malkin, Crosby, Stall, Kopitar among a host of #1 C's. However none of these guys are available so to whine about Bozak not being a #1 C is pretty moot.

Unless one of these guys becomes available and you would have to gut your team to get one of those guys. Bozak is the #1 until below happens

Now the article is bases solely on numbers and well I can create a set of numbers that will make Bozak look like a top line players....its just numbers.

Why is Bozak in the #1 slot?

1. we can't acquire a #1 guy as the price is too steep and none are available.
2. Kadri is not ready physically to play top line minutes and thus playing against the top pairing D who are more physical.
I noticed a trend where young smallish players playing top line minutes are taking a pounding and resulting in many lost games. Guys like Taylor Hall, RNH, Skinner among others who are not physically mature enough to play against those top D pairs are always hurt. Maybe Carlyle is putting Kadri down the line up to save wear and tear on the kid until he gets stronger and physically more mature to handle the big minutes. Bozak while not much bigger is more advance for now.

3. Earn your minutes. Kadri needed to learn the D side of the puck especially playing with Kessel and JVR who are not noted Selke finalist every year. So Bozak while not Doug Jarvis or Guy Carbonneau has taken on the role of guy worrying about D while the other 2 fly the zone or are late on a backcheck.

Then there is the chemistry between the players and I don't care what corsi, fenwick, or any ratio comes up there are certain players play with certain players based on fit not on what a spreadsheet says.

So based on a spreadsheet Bozak is not a good hockey player but thank god the game is not played on a spreadsheet otherwise the Leafs would be in last place according to those advance stats.

Bozak is our #1 until Kadri has taken his spot thru earned ice time, getting stronger and playing better D or Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Datsuyk come walking thru the door via trade.

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
So the whole point of this was to prove that Bozak is a passenger on his line?

Could have just posted how many primary assists he had on JVR goals last year.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I find it funny that you feel your Internet vendetta will accomplish that.

I actually know I can do nothing about it myself. Funny how the internet helped get Wilson fired though.

go on, be condescending some more. If it helps you vent, fire away, little fella! :)

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Even if you go by the eyeball test, it's pretty darn evident that Bozak is just terrible at hockey. He handles the puck like a grenade, can't drive possession forward, can't pass, no offensive creativity, and he is worthless defensively.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Of course it's ****ing childish. Bozak isn't even playing right now yet my twitter feed is filled with people *****ing and moaning about him. I've never seen any wanna be media people celebrate that much over a player on their own team being injured than went Bozak went on IR.

We are 1st in the east yet you people can't stop with the negativity. It's annoying as ****.

First in the East, despite his (lack of) contributions.

I'm not celebrating his injury, I'm saying we've been no different, if not MORE productive without him.

I don't like his play on the ice. It's that simple. You probably do. That's life. Stay out of threads where he's the topic, if it hurts your feelings.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
From the NHL Power Rankings for this week:

"It would be a stretch to say Tyler Bozak is in the process of getting "Wally Pipp'd," because a lot of people already knew Nazem Kadri has been a more productive player in a limited role. Now that Kadri's had a few games playing with Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk, it could be the makings of the one the top trios in the League.

MUST READ: Steve Burtch of Pension Plan Puppets makes the case for Kadri as the team's No. 1 center."

Hey, an NHL.com Staff Writing referencing the Article this thread is based on. Not bad, hu? :handclap:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689400&navid=nhl:topheads

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

What do I win?

If the Leafs have a chance to improve the team by moving Bozak, they should do it. If the Leafs have a chance to improve the team by moving Kadri, they should do it. The same goes for every player on the roster.

Clearly in the offseason, Nonis and company thought that buying out Grabo and re-signing Bozak was the best move. Maybe they were wrong. Not really my call.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
From the NHL Power Rankings for this week:

"It would be a stretch to say Tyler Bozak is in the process of getting "Wally Pipp'd," because a lot of people already knew Nazem Kadri has been a more productive player in a limited role. Now that Kadri's had a few games playing with Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk, it could be the makings of the one the top trios in the League.

MUST READ: Steve Burtch of Pension Plan Puppets makes the case for Kadri as the team's No. 1 center."

Hey, an NHL.com Staff Writing referencing the Article this thread is based on. Not bad, hu? :handclap:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689400&navid=nhl:topheads

And clearly identifying it as a blog post (at least, I suspect most intelligent people would realize that something called Pension Plan Puppets was a blog) and not passing it off as a news article.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Seems pretty apparent that Carlyle feels the Team is better with pairs of

JVR Kessel
Kadri Lupul

than having Lupul by himself. Bozak is irrelevent to this.

Results show Carlyle is right.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Seems pretty apparent that Carlyle feels the Team is better with pairs of

JVR Kessel
Kadri Lupul

than having Lupul by himself. Bozak is irrelevent to this.

Results show Carlyle is right.

Kadri on the top line puts someone relevant between Kessel and JVR. Now all we have to do is replace Bozak with someone relevant to put between Lupul and Clarkson

MapleLeaf4ever

Feb 9, 2013
GTA
This posting started as an analysis of Tyler Bozak - and what he might be costing the Leafs at both ends of the ice in comparison to other NHL Centres of comparable value.

This guy like everyone else on PPP went into this thing with a bias. Out to make Bozak look bad and he succeeded. Kinda erks me and takes away from the articles credibility. And then he starts jerking off to advanced stats. I don't need numbers to tell me who's good. I have eyes. I can see.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Anything and everything not written by Toronto Star re: Leafs is utter tripe. Pension Plan Puppets have an agenda against Tyler Bozak and it's making me sick to my stomach. They hate him probably because he's really really good and they're jealous. I hate this thread so much! Blogs are stupid my mom has a blog is everything she says about the Leafs correct NO!!!

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
That's an awful site populated by delusional narcissists and their zipper masked toadies.

Phaneuffan3

Beleafer
Aug 22, 2011
The HC - Ontario
You're a very presumptuous fellow. that's nice.

Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Just the other day you kept quoting me and trying to put words in my mouth, when that didn't work you resorted to saying something along the lines of ' oh you must be a kid... blah blah blah'

People have different opinions than you, deal with it.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I actually know I can do nothing about it myself. Funny how the internet helped get Wilson fired though.

go on, be condescending some more. If it helps you vent, fire away, little fella! :)

I still think that Burke saying that the "Fire Wilson" chants at the ACC contributed to Wilson's firing was one of his big mistakes. And personally, I suspect he may have been passing the buck (well, Ronnie, the fans want you gone, so ...). Sports fans are arrogant enough already and letting them think that they contribute to major decisions is a huge mistake in my mind.

As for it being the Internet, really? Do you really think many fans were chanting "Fire Wilson" solely because of the Internet? Do you not think that they could see themselves that Wilson was not being effective as as the Leafs coach and needed some Internet geek to point it out to them? :shakehead

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I still think that Burke saying that the "Fire Wilson" chants at the ACC contributed to Wilson's firing was one of his big mistakes. And personally, I suspect he may have been passing the buck (well, Ronnie, the fans want you gone, so ...). Sports fans are arrogant enough already and letting them think that they contribute to major decisions is a huge mistake in my mind.

As for it being the Internet, really? Do you really think many fans were chanting "Fire Wilson" solely because of the Internet? Do you not think that they could see themselves that Wilson was not being effective as as the Leafs coach and needed some Internet geek to point it out to them? :shakehead

Pay attention to football?
#FireSchiano in Tampa looks a lot like #FireWilson in T.O. it's not because of the internet, but it helps spread the fire. Stop being so naive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad