News Article: Leafs Analysis at Centre - Kadri,Bolland,Bozak

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I like having Bozak and Bolland on our team.

I think we've got a great team and I think we can win the cup this year.

We've got probably the best wingers in the league.

We've got maybe the best goalie tandem in the league.

Our defense I suppose is a bit of mixed bag... but I think we've got a lot of talent there... so I could see us having one of the better defense groups by the end of the season.

Our centres, comapred to other teams, are relatively weak. But all of our other areas are strong. And it's tough to be good in every single area in a salary cap era. But again, I'm happy with that group. We all agree that Kadri is pretty amazing. We all agree that McClement is amazing. So we're focusing on two guys. And Bolland has been playing great for the most part too. Bozak hasn't been playing badly... in fact, he's been pretty clutch at times.

So people want to find something to complain about... so they complain about Bozak and Ranger (to a lesser degree). We have an awesome team... not every single player is going to be a superstar.

If our weakest links are Bozak and Bolland... I don't think we have any problems. Because those guys have shown that they can play against top competition... they're not out of place... they're solid players for the most part. they're useful players and i'm glad they're on our team. i think they'll be even more useful come playoff time.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
To everyone saying Kadri should be playing with Lupul... what happens when Lupul is injured? (As he is so often) Is Kadri doomed to play with random wingers like he was last season? It would kinda be putting his talents to waste. Lupul is awesome, but first he's gotta show that he's a regular.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Bozak's case has been beaten to death that I feel sorry for the guy. Seriously you people suck. Just lay off the guy, we know he's not a 1st line center, he's not paid like one either. Continue on with your pipe dreams of acquiring a 1st line center for junk while the realist accept it is what it is and live with it.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
Bozak's case has been beaten to death that I feel sorry for the guy. Seriously you people suck. Just lay off the guy, we know he's not a 1st line center, he's not paid like one either. Continue on with your pipe dreams of acquiring a 1st line center for junk while the realist accept it is what it is and live with it.

He's paid like a 2, but apparently he's not talented enough to fill that role. Comically, this is the argument used by his 'supporters'.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
People's expectations of a #2 center is as high as #1 center. :sarcasm: People need to accept what an average #2 center is.

I'd be thrilled if Bozak could be an average 2. Seems his booster club feels those are lofty expectations for our 4.2 million dollar man.

I still have some hope he can fill the role, if he can't then he truly is the boat anchor he's been called by some.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
I don't get why people lose it when we spread out our talent to have 3 strong lines. Is Bozak a legit 1st line centre? No but I sure like JVR/Bozak/Kessel Lupul/Kadri/Clarkson better than JVR/Kadri/Kessel Lupul/Bozak/Clarkson with two great offensive guys on each line.

How many teams have their 3 best players on their top line? My guess is not many...

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
I don't get why people lose it when we spread out our talent to have 3 strong lines. Is Bozak a legit 1st line centre? No but I sure like JVR/Bozak/Kessel Lupul/Kadri/Clarkson better than JVR/Kadri/Kessel Lupul/Bozak/Clarkson with two great offensive guys on each line.

How many teams have their 3 best players on their top line? My guess is not many...

How many teams play their 2nd or 3rd best centre on the top line?

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
How many teams play their 2nd or 3rd best centre on the top line?

How many teams have a borderline 2nd/3rd line winger on their top line? Most teams have 1-2 winger centre punch's ours are JVR/Kessel Kadri/Lupul with a solid 3 for the 3rd line. Our strength is wing not centre.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
People need to get off Bozak's back.

Why? He's terrible. Stats prove it. This isnt just some claim someone is making. He's got clear evidence. Bozak is absolutely horrible and is dragging his linemates down. Case in point, look at the last few games hes been out, how good Kessel and JVR have been. Kadri is the future of this squad.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
What a simplistic lineup solution, putting who you perceive to be all of your best on one line. I don't care who gets the assist when Kessel or JVR scores a goal. I do care about having balanced scoring across 3 lines. The Leafs have 4 very good offensive defensemen. The importance of high end offensive skill at center when Kessel and JVR are on the ice is mostly irrelevant.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Hoping that we win against Vancouver and the 1st line gets a few points, it gives insurance to keep Kadri on the 1st line when 4.2million dollar man returns.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Center update:

Grabovski: 13 gp 13 points (5g 8a) +5

Bozak: continues to suck

Ya but Grabo is a black hole, he can't pass the puck, plays end with Grabo, he is a terrible PPG hockey player ATM lol

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
bozak is a very good 3rd C, decent 2C and bad 1C...did u need a 1000 word article to figure this out

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
100% agreed, I've had to unfollow PPP, Jeffler, Steve Dangle and that whole annoying crew. They think they're edgy or funny or something by making stupid little snide remarks about Bozak every other tweet. Was getting unbearable.

I called out TLN because one of their "Voices of the Nation" was actually directly harassing Bozak on Twitter over a period of time to the point where he couldn't take any more and shot back at her.

TLN responded by re-tweeting me and mocking me, not once addressing the issue other than to say it was fun.

Just because Bozak's a professional athlete does not mean he gives up the right to common decency.

They're a bunch of children. Makes me really appreciate what the guys at MLHS do all the more.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I called out TLN because one of their "Voices of the Nation" was actually directly harassing Bozak on Twitter over a period of time to the point where he couldn't take any more and shot back at her.

TLN responded by re-tweeting me and mocking me, not once addressing the issue other than to say it was fun.

Just because Bozak's a professional athlete does not mean he gives up the right to common decency.

They're a bunch of children. Makes me really appreciate what the guys at MLHS do all the more.

That's partly how Grabo got run out of town. Wish we ran Bozak out first, he is really quite terrible, Grabo was a warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->