Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Why tho. Didn’t they have a top 10 dcore
4th best goal differential, 9th in goals against, while having the 11th ranked SV%. I have absolutely no idea why Leaf fans want to mess with the best defense we've had since I've been alive just because they want something to happen. If anything acquire a goalie that can split starts with Campbell and add a skilled physical bottom 6 forward player that can do dirty work in the playoffs so its not all on Hyman and Simmonds. That's how you improve the Leafs not with a 5/6 dman add.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Do they want a rental or a long term?

Mantha for Sandin and a 1st is interesting. Keep in mind that’s gonna be a late 1st.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Because once his contract is up, they have to pony up $8 mil to qualify him and that's not happening the way he's playing right now. They're just trying to pawn him off. And before I get jumped for it, yes, I know that Meier is still a good player but not worth an $8 mil qualifier.

I don’t really understand the fear of qualifiers. If a player isn't worth it you work out a deal under it. Most players are not going to agree to a one year qualifier if they can sign a longer term deal for less AAV but more security.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
fair offers but doubt kings move him for picks, they probably want leafs prospects.
What's the positional prospect need for the Kings? D (more so left side than right)? I'm not sure there' much of a fit there in terms of one teams needs and another teams surplus.

Iafallo alone just isn't enough to get any of their top prospects.

Mikko Kokkonen is a solid left shot D prospect, although he isn't a puck moving defenseman that I assume they'd be after, he's very much a defensive defenseman. Kral is a left shot puck moving d prospect but lower quality, don't think he + a 2nd would even be enough, although I'd be happily surprised if it was.

I'd prefer Kokkonen + 3rd, but Kokkonen + 2nd is still fair I'd think; If there's no fit though then there's really no point.

They have some other decent B forward prospects like SDA, Hallander, Abruzzese, Hirvonen, Miettinen as well but isn't LA already loaded with those? Most of those forwards ^ are worth a little more or less than a late 2nd I'd think.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Robertson, Sandin and Amirov if you want 3mil for 3 years on a great young top six winger who can score 30.
30 goals on the leafs isnt worth 3 ELC contracts that are likely to contribute during the years where the cap doesn't rise. I mean we are talking about 2 likely top 6 wingers and a likely top 4 dman all at or under the age of 21. Just my opinion given how close to the cap they are.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Robertson, Sandin and Amirov if you want 3mil for 3 years on a great young top six winger who can score 30.

Right so it makes no sense for the Leafs. There has to be a fit for the value of the player and the contract. If they found a way to add a legit first liner, then yeah they would likely at least move 1 of those pieces, maybe 2 in a blockbuster. But he is not a blockbuster player.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Nah, the D is fine. I guess a vet #7 type could be useful.

If you guys want a forward, Tanner Pearson's available (North division so no quarantine, and will return from injury in a couple of weeks => keep in mind Palmieri is also injured too but got traded to NYI).
Jordie Benn is all yours for a 4th. Plays on both sides of the ice and is not on the Covid list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad