Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Z

Hoffman the better player by last year stats alone and is better this year on a team that can not utilize him. Zajac is a 3rd 4th line center. NJ got 1st 4th conditional and two players. So to think Hoffman retain 50% can't get a first is just dumb. We shall see though
The 2 players they got in return are no more than fringe NHLers. Basically just 2 contracts going the other way to equal out the players moved. They basically traded a 1st and conditional 4th for the pair. At this point both palmeiri and hoffman are middle 6 wingers who are producing nearly identical. Doesn't matter how good Hoff used to be or else palmeiri and zajac would have been traded for a lot more too. I think if anything, this trade today proved it is likely going to be a buyers market and teams will not be getting max value out of their players.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
They should trade a conditional 1st for Hall 50% retained. Condition being that they make the conference finals and Hall plays in 10 playoff games.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Laughton seems like a Dubas guy
It makes so much sense it's ridiculous. I doubt the Leafs would be willing to part with a 1st or one of their top 4 prospects for him though. Aside from that what assets would Phili be interested in? maybe a 2nd and 4th between the next 2 drafts? Or would it require more?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It makes so much sense it's ridiculous. I doubt the Leafs would be willing to part with a 1st or one of their top 4 prospects for him though. Aside from that what assets would Phili be interested in? maybe a 2nd and 4th between the next 2 drafts? Or would it require more?
Mannn who knows. Depends if other teams are in on him too and push the price up.

Reactions: 2022 Stanley Cup

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
The 2 players they got in return are no more than fringe NHLers. Basically just 2 contracts going the other way to equal out the players moved. They basically traded a 1st and conditional 4th for the pair. At this point both palmeiri and hoffman are middle 6 wingers who are producing nearly identical. Doesn't matter how good Hoff used to be or else palmeiri and zajac would have been traded for a lot more too. I think if anything, this trade today proved it is likely going to be a buyers market and teams will not be getting max value out of their players.
Sorry Kpalm and hoffman are not the same.
Hoffman had 29 30 59 last year and
Palm had 25 20 for 45

This year hoffman is still better. The fact you are saying these guys are the same is laughable

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Do they want a rental or a long term?

Mantha for Sandin and a 1st is interesting. Keep in mind that’s gonna be a late 1st.

I was wondering if someone would suggest Mantha to the Leafs. It was the only reason I read the thread. Perfect match for the top two lines. Trouble is salary unless the Leafs can move out someone.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Sorry Kpalm and hoffman are not the same.
Hoffman had 29 30 59 last year and
Palm had 25 20 for 45

This year hoffman is still better. The fact you are saying these guys are the same is laughable
ok lets dive into it. NJ is one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals and Palm has been their best goal scorer for a while now. His fault? not really. Also, I'm saying they're both now middle 6 forwards I didn't say they are the same. I think Marner and Nylander are both 1st line forwards that doesn't mean Nylander is as good as Marner or vise versa. And idk how this point isn't coming across. Everyone's value is down because of the year we are in. Prices for players will be lower than normal deadlines because many teams don't want these players because of the expansion draft as well as flat cap. ALSO the islanders traded for 2 players. Even if hoffman is still producing better than both of them individually he isn't out producing them combined. I'm unsure why you are giving me the vibe that you are all knowing or something but this year isn't a normal trade deadline and this years mike hoffman isn't last year mike hoffman. He is producing worse by a considerable amount.

You need to understand my perspective is based off of this year and this year alone. Hoff has value from previous years but at 31, as a UFA, in an expansion draft year, accompanied by a flat cap, why would a team pay a 1st for a player with 9 goals and 21 pts. The logic just does not fit to me.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
ok lets dive into it. NJ is one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals and Palm has been their best goal scorer for a while now. His fault? not really. Also, I'm saying they're both now middle 6 forwards I didn't say they are the same. I think Marner and Nylander are both 1st line forwards that doesn't mean Nylander is as good as Marner or vise versa. And idk how this point isn't coming across. Everyone's value is down because of the year we are in. Prices for players will be lower than normal deadlines because many teams don't want these players because of the expansion draft as well as flat cap. ALSO the islanders traded for 2 players. Even if hoffman is still producing better than both of them individually he isn't out producing them combined. I'm unsure why you are giving me the vibe that you are all knowing or something but this year isn't a normal trade deadline and this years mike hoffman isn't last year mike hoffman. He is producing worse by a considerable amount.

You need to understand my perspective is based off of this year and this year alone. Hoff has value from previous years but at 31, as a UFA, in an expansion draft year, accompanied by a flat cap, why would a team pay a 1st for a player with 9 goals and 21 pts. The logic just does not fit to me.

Players careers matter. Ypu wouldn't expect a player that had 10 pts last year to be a 50 pt player the following year. Hoffman has shown a high level of scoring and is 30 years old so sorry your logic is flawed.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As previously stated Leafs are top 10 in most defensive categories this season and our backup is 10-0-0 and just set a Leafs record and tied the league one. What about them?

I would still like a goalie as good as Campbell is playing we are 1 injury away from Hutch being the guy and nobody wants that I know his numbers are solid this year but that's still a bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad