Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If the price for Foligno is a first....I am offering the 1st for Laughton before I go down the road with Foligno. Without even thinking about it. If Foligno is discounted slightly then that may change things but if it is a premium then the choice is pretty obvious to me.
:handclap:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Who else besides Buchnevich as a possible higher level rental offers some team control beyond this season? Buch is expiring rfa. That's not a lot of control, but it is something, something that means pay and likely get this yr and next, this one insanely cheap at 3.25 and next at reasonably projected 4.75ish [due to covid cap].
Ditto Strome who is very reasonably certain at 4.5 next season.

Given not too many names come to mind, surprised Leafs not willing to cough up for "best F available".

The market for their best offers:
Strome = late 1st +
Buch = CAR 1st + Drury

that's what has to be topped.

ps I heard Strome is from TOR. Maybe useful if you offer decent ballpark # on an extension.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Not concerned about goalies. As one talking head put it, if Campbell and Andersen are both injured for/during the playoffs, the Leafs are done. No depth goalie is going to help with that outside of miraculously discovering the next '92-93 Patrick Roy.

Foligno, Laughton are both options to fill what they need the most right now, I'd he happy with either and my concern over what Dubas will have to pay lessens the farther the Leafs go into the post-season.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Not concerned about goalies. As one talking head put it, if Campbell and Andersen are both injured for/during the playoffs, the Leafs are done. No depth goalie is going to help with that outside of miraculously discovering the next '92-93 Patrick Roy.

Foligno, Laughton are both options to fill what they need the most right now, I'd he happy with either and my concern over what Dubas will have to pay lessens the farther the Leafs go into the post-season.

I still wouldn't give up a first. Savard got one in the Tampa trade but he was the top RHD available, these players are not that level.

Unless the league puts more value on forwards, which it doesnt. Especially as rentals lol

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Who else besides Buchnevich as a possible higher level rental offers some team control beyond this season? Buch is expiring rfa. That's not a lot of control, but it is something, something that means pay and likely get this yr and next, this one insanely cheap at 3.25 and next at reasonably projected 4.75ish [due to covid cap].
Ditto Strome who is very reasonably certain at 4.5 next season.

Given not too many names come to mind, surprised Leafs not willing to cough up for "best F available".

The market for their best offers:
Strome = late 1st +
Buch = CAR 1st + Drury

that's what has to be topped.

ps I heard Strome is from TOR. Maybe useful if you offer decent ballpark # on an extension.
im not sure 100% sure on how Strome is as a player, but if he could play 3c at high-level I'm sure Toronto would inquire since he has another year on his deal(assuming he should be fine expansion-wise).

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
im not sure 100% sure on how Strome is as a player, but if he could play 3c at high-level I'm sure Toronto would inquire since he has another year on his deal(assuming he should be fine expansion-wise).

solid 2C who can pinch 1C in emergency [as demonstrated by playing w/Panarin, but also lesser Fs]
^ = very high 3C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->