Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
But in all seriousness Dubas likes to surprise us with his trades and who he trades for.

It'll probably be a name no one has thought of.

Max Domi?
He would be quite interesting. Like a homeless man's Brad Marchand. I doubt the Jackets would trade him for cheap after giving up Anderson though.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
We basically need a Hyman clone if there is one. That way Hyman can play with Matthews and our 3rd line doesn't lose a step.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wouldn't burn down the house if it was Hoffman, but if I were to put a wishlist together I don't think he cracks the top ten, definitely not top 5
I get it. I think Hoffman would be better utilized in torontos offence on the second line. He just can't play the game berube has the blues playing. Just different styles

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Preds aren't selling, nor should they
Not selling, no. But granlund is the only possibility I see. We’re hanging onto the last playoff spot in the central w/ Forsberg, Duchene, Ellis out. Other guys have missed notable time. I could see poile shipping granlund out for a 1st and retaining. I think granlund would be the best forward that could possibly be dealt at the deadline as upcoming UFA.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We shall see several teams need a top 6 forward. Palmieri got a 1st and his stats have always been worse then hoffman.

Lou got two players he knows and NJ retained on both. I see that a lot different than a club getting Hoffman who’s a great PP option but really isn’t that good 5v5

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Nick Foligno and David Savard would give them a couple playoff style players.

Dubas spent the offseason getting Simmonds and Joe Thornton to get more "savvy" postseason playstyle. You can bet the book he'll look to add someone like Foligno because he's effective and chippy and Toronto needs some sand paper to help set the tone, establish momentum, and steady the sails.

I'd be stunned if TOR acquires Taylor Hall or a pure forward type player. Much more likely a Foligno or Laughton

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
We shall see several teams need a top 6 forward. Palmieri got a 1st and his stats have always been worse then hoffman.
I was seeing some NJ fans asking for two 1sts and nick robertson for palmieri at 50% retention. On HF boards we don't know what value these teams and their GMs put on players especially in such a crazy year with covid and the expansion draft looming. I think you're looking more realistically at getting a B prospect and a mid round pick in return with potential for higher if it becomes a bidding war.. that or keep him for the playoffs and hope he returns to form.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Dubas spent the offseason getting Simmonds and Joe Thornton to get more "savvy" postseason playstyle. You can bet the book he'll look to add someone like Foligno because he's effective and chippy and Toronto needs some sand paper to help set the tone, establish momentum, and steady the sails.

I'd be stunned if TOR acquires Taylor Hall or a pure forward type player. Much more likely a Foligno or Laughton
This. Just don't pay too much of a premium in futures is all I'm asking try and limit it. I won't be happy about losing 1 of our top 4 prospects for foligno but if it's what's required to make the trade work and help the Leafs go farther then I can't be upset at it. Just dont trade robertson please

Reactions: hmc1987

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Lou got two players he knows and NJ retained on both. I see that a lot different than a club getting Hoffman who’s a great PP option but really isn’t that good 5v5
Yeah don't forget the other two players and conditional pick. It's OK nobody thought Jake allen would net a positive return and he did. So I am willing to see what happens.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I was seeing some NJ fans asking for two 1sts and nick robertson for palmieri at 50% retention. On HF boards we don't know what value these teams and their GMs put on players especially in such a crazy year with covid and the expansion draft looming. I think you're looking more realistically at getting a B prospect and a mid round pick in return with potential for higher if it becomes a bidding war.. that or keep him for the playoffs and hope he returns to form.
If palm gets that then Hoffman should get first. We will see.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I would like Forsberg, Hertl, Laughton or Iafallo.
Obv Forseberg or Hertl need 50% and will cost a fair amount.
I personally think we are better served by going after Laughton or Iafallo. The prospects/futures it will cost for hertl or Forsberg will hurt is in the future. So I say go 2nd+3rd for Laughton or Iafallo

Reactions: hmc1987

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
If palm gets that then Hoffman should get first. We will see.
it was palm + zajac and likely they had to pay more than any team will for Hoffman because all 3 are producing at very similar rates and Zajac is a C which is just worth more. I just don't see him returning a 1st but I guess we will see if someone gets that desperate.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
What about their d and goaltending?
Unless you're upgrading Rielly via trade you will not see a significant change on the back end. For the first time ever that's the least of our worries... feels weird to say. Yes we need a goalie if for nothing else than to give Campbell more time to get healthy.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Z
it was palm + zajac and likely they had to pay more than any team will for Hoffman because all 3 are producing at very similar rates and Zajac is a C which is just worth more. I just don't see him returning a 1st but I guess we will see if someone gets that desperate.
Hoffman the better player by last year stats alone and is better this year on a team that can not utilize him. Zajac is a 3rd 4th line center. NJ got 1st 4th conditional and two players. So to think Hoffman retain 50% can't get a first is just dumb. We shall see though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad