Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
He’s got the most grit I’ve seen since Marner
I've already posted about it in this thread but he has the same tenacity and high compete level that guys like Mitch, Hyman, Moore and JT have. We need more of that on the team. AJ and Dermott have shown it in the AHL but they've been wildly inconsistent in the NHL. Auston had it in his first season, his compete level has been MIA for the past 2 seasons now though.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Have read a bit on this guy.... wowzers, such a bad egg. Souring on junior teams seems weird when he has the ability to put up big numbers on the back end- though it is quite clear he's a terrible person to deal with as a coach, team mate, heck likely even billet.
Yah must be because they gave up alot for like 20 games of this guy and one being a year older his value for a chl trade must go down from a year ago. Hopfully they find someone that clicks with Nick.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Agreed. Hoping they do too... looking forward to seeing a bunch of SDA and Nic in Pete this year....
Yah I like that also SDA will know someone more closely in the system I believe he has it in him he just had a rough year. He wasn't out of it but things just didn't bounce his way at times. Needs to work on a harder shot but I like those picks. Also been awhile since we had 2 interesting prospects on the petes in awhile.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Yah I like that also SDA will know someone more closely in the system I believe he has it in him he just had a rough year. He wasn't out of it but things just didn't bounce his way at times. Needs to work on a harder shot but I like those picks. Also been awhile since we had 2 interesting prospects on the petes in awhile.

Haven't followed the Pete's much... until recently. I'm Oshawa born, but Peterborough inherited lol.... so my parents would call me a traitor or turncoat; but I think it's time to follow the local team.

I'll use the Toronto prospects angle as my reason.

Reactions: Its not your fault

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Hasn't sda requested out?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
For those ready to jump off a bridge, have a look at what this kid is doing.

I mean, this is the best time for this player. The time when he still gives hope and hasn't signed a big contract yet.

Cause we all know we enjoy the 2016-2017 hope type period most when we can all dream and not face reality.

Its when the player is still the hero, before he becomes the villain.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For those ready to jump off a bridge, have a look at what this kid is doing.

I mean, this is the best time for this player. The time when he still gives hope and hasn't signed a big contract yet.

Cause we all know we enjoy the 2016-2017 hope type period most when we can all dream and not face reality.

Its when the player is still the hero, before he becomes the villain.

Not everyone turns into Magic Mitch.

Randy870624

Oct 27, 2019
What do you guys see this guys time frame as? Another year in the ohl after this one and then 1 or 2 in the AHL?

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
What do you guys see this guys time frame as? Another year in the ohl after this one and then 1 or 2 in the AHL?

just like Sandin he’s going to marinate. Fill out and get stronger. Right now there is no room either and depending what happens with Souperman there could be a surplus. you could be looking at minimum 2-3yrs. You wouldn’t want him wasting away on the 4th line

Reactions: Randy870624

Randy870624

Oct 27, 2019
just like Sandin he’s going to marinate. Fill out and get stronger. Right now there is no room either and depending what happens with Souperman there could be a surplus. you could be looking at minimum 2-3yrs. You wouldn’t want him wasting away on the 4th line
I totally agree here .. I wouldn't even mind him playing a year in the ECHL before he sees time with the Marlies

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
It was Merky that wanted out.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Huge game from the Pete's lead by Nick. Leads the league in goals and SDA is getting assists play g with him also leading the league they are working well together.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bump. He returned from injury and had a goal and an assist. He has 20 goals in 18 games, and 30 points overall. He is having one amazing season. If you look at Robertson and Sandin, these are the types Dubas wants. Skilled but fiesty.
It's going to be fun watching both of them at the World Juniors(assuming they stay healthy).

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Bump. He returned from injury and had a goal and an assist. He has 20 goals in 18 games, and 30 points overall. He is having one amazing season. If you look at Robertson and Sandin, these are the types Dubas wants. Skilled but fiesty.
It's going to be fun watching both of them at the World Juniors(assuming they stay healthy).
Both of those are amazing value picks by Dubas for where we got them. You could argue Sandin goes closer to top 10 in a redraft and Robertson in the 1st round.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Where would people put Robertson in a redraft? Yes, I know it's far too early for that, but who cares?

Right now... I'd move him up about 30 spots to about 23rd or so. He could of went in the first round.

It was a great pick. If he continues this all season. He moves into the teens I think. Sounds crazy but he's been great.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Right now... I'd move him up about 30 spots to about 23rd or so. He could of went in the first round.

It was a great pick. If he continues this all season. He moves into the teens I think. Sounds crazy but he's been great.
I know many thought it was a great pick at the time and thought he was worthy of being a late first rounder, including a lot of people who arent Leafs fans, which is always encouraging. Always nice to get a steal. And by steal, I mean an actual steal. Not just draft-day hype.

Reactions: Burnie97

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Quick little bump for Nick as he plays for he US at the upcoming WJHC. From all reports he's been the best US player in camp, hopefully that continues, except vs. Canada of course.

Also funny going back and reading posters that were upset by this pick, either due to size or the fact that the Leafs passed on Brett Leason because he was 6'5"

How's Brett doing this year anyway :sarcasm:

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad