Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Robertson

Future NHL superstar

Book it!

What an amazing find, just keep drafting well.

Reactions: kb

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
We do and have drafted well and found some nice pieces for free as well.
Not bad for horrible management ...

I 100% agree.

I like how we draft and who we find.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

Those 3 alone will be very welcome, and all look strong.

This doesn't even take into account guys like Mikheyev, Korshkov, Engvall, Moore, Hallowell, SDA, and so on.

Just keep the pipeline growing.

I know this is petty, but I want to rub our draft depth in other fan bases faces, we always get shit on, and I want them to eat shit lol

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

This doesn't even take into account guys like Mikheyev, Korshkov, Engvall, Moore, Hallowell, SDA, and so on.

I know this is petty, but I want to rub our draft depth in other fan bases faces, we always get **** on, and I want them to eat **** lol
Absolutely 100%

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

I know this is petty, but I want to rub our draft depth in other fan bases faces, we always get **** on, and I want them to eat **** lol

Our drafting has proven nothing so far.... Sandin , Liljegren and Robertson havent proven anything at the Nhl level.

Korshkov has not dominated any level, but has shown promise. Id be very interested in seeing at the NHL level though, because big guys sometimes perform better at the nhl level than the AHL.

Bracco and Dermott were traded down for instead of the BPA which was Konecny who currently has points in 34 games and has a feisty edge that our team lacks. Dermott selected one pick ahead of Aho and a few picks ahead of Carlo.

Sure things are looking promising... and we have gotten good depth from ufas and late picks in Moore, Engvall, Tymashov... but i think its a little early to go pointing and laughing at naysayers. Lets not count the chickens before theyve hatched. There are plenty of examples of players dominating other leagues and never doing it at the NHL level...cough Rundblad.

Reactions: fahad203

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Our drafting has proven nothing so far.... Sandin , Liljegren and Robertson havent proven anything at the Nhl level.

Korshkov has not dominated any level, but has shown promise. Id be very interested in seeing at the NHL level though, because big guys sometimes perform better at the nhl level than the AHL.

Bracco and Dermott were traded down for instead of the BPA which was Konecny who currently has points in 34 games and has a feisty edge that our team lacks. Dermott selected one pick ahead of Aho and a few picks ahead of Carlo.

Sure things are looking promising... and we have gotten good depth from ufas and late picks in Moore, Engvall, Tymashov... but i think its a little early to go pointing and laughing at naysayers. Lets not count the chickens before theyve hatched. There are plenty of examples of players dominating other leagues and never doing it at the NHL level...cough Rundblad.

Well we broke every rookie record going two years ago so there is nothing early about it. This stuff in the system now is a continuation of dominance actually.

Reactions: Once

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I'm going to rain on your negative parade.
Usually guys who do well in other leagues, do well in the NHL. Cough Kadri Cough
Also when did he say he was going to laugh at the other teams? He said he wants to see how these go guys do, then laugh at them.
Looks like you just wanted to complain

Reactions: supermann_98

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

Nice post. These 3 kids are probably going to be good NHL pieces. The fact they are dominating at a young age is a good predictor of NHL potential.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm going to rain on your negative parade.
Usually guys who do well in other leagues, do well in the NHL. Cough Kadri Cough
Also when did he say he was going to laugh at the other teams? He said he wants to see how these go guys do, then laugh at them.
Looks like you just wanted to complain

Eh guys who do well in the NHL almost exclusively do well in other leagues, but guys who do well in other leagues don't always do well in the NHL. It's like squares and rectangles and all that.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
After trading our futures and draft picks for complimentary players, I am pumped we have homegrown talent like:
Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Rielly
Johnsson
Kapanen
Hyman
Dermott
Engvall
Timashov
Gauthier
Moore
And some future guys coming along. Time will tell, those initial 7/8 guys are real good players. We would have killed for this 6 years ago.

Reactions: stickty111

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

OuR dRaFtInG hAs PrOvEn NoThInG sO fAr

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Rielly
Johnsson
Dermott
Engvall
Timashov
Gauthier

Then we got prospects acquired thru trades
Kapanen
Hyman
Moore

Go be an Oilers fan of you wanna cry about bad drafting

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Rielly
Johnsson
Dermott
Engvall
Timashov
Gauthier

Kapanen
Hyman
Moore

@supermann_98 .. first do you know the definition of a prospect? Your list aren't even "prospects" and 2nd did you read the list the poster I quoted gave? Let me refresh your memory, posters post is below in italics... prospect he lists are in bold to make it easier for you to read. You need to brush up on your hockey knowledge... "prospects" and "drafting" then proceeds to list free agent pickups and 25 year old players in order to make his argument.... Jeesh.

I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
@supermann_98 .. first do you know the definition of a prospect? Your list aren't even "prospects" and 2nd did you read the list the poster I quoted gave? Let me refresh your memory, posters post is below in italics... prospect he lists are in bold to make it easier for you to read. You need to brush up on your hockey knowledge... "prospects" and "drafting" then proceeds to list free agent pickups and 25 year old players in order to make his argument.... Jeesh.

I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

You having a bad Christmas?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Rielly
Johnsson
Dermott
Engvall
Timashov
Gauthier

Kapanen
Hyman
Moore

Lol no kidding
I am one of those people who don't think Matthews should count as a prospect hit, but I forget about the Oilers history of 1st overalls not including McDavid, so maybe Matthews should count.
Another thing is that Marner and Nylander weren't obvious picks at the time, so even though they are high 1st rounders, they should be included. During Marner's time, the decision was him or the defencemen. We chose Marner. Sorry Babcock, Hunter was right.
Then for Nylander, it was between Ehlers or Ritchie. There was risk with Willy, but he has turned into a solid 1st liner. Ritchie would have been an absolute disaster, so it's nice we got a hit in Nylander. Ehlers is pretty good too though.

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

I 100% agree.

Robertson
Sandin
Lily

@supermann_98 replied to your post saying our drafting has proven nothing to date, thus listing successful drafted players is the counter to that argument.
Regarding the drafting and our prospect pool, you cannot fairly judge them by if they have made it to the NHL because by definition they are no longer prospects, therefore you have to judge them on whe they are doing at their perspective levels AS a prospect.
Later you can say they are failed IF they don't become NHL players.
To recap: our drafting is great because we have a bucket load of high end drafted players AND a strong prospect pool.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Who has seen him on a regular basis ?
Anyone ?
A scouting report ?
I’ve heard so much about this kid
Thank you ..

I've seen him live twice so far this year.

He picked up 4 points in those 2 games (3 goals, 1 assist). He's exactly as advertised, a high energy, shooting machine. He's relentless in his pursuit of the puck, and when he gets it, it's not on his stick for long. That was actually one minor criticism I had, was shot selection. Especially considering the attention he gets, it creates insane space for his linemates.

I'm not concerned about his size, at all.

Reactions: Menzinger and kb

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Thing that excites me most about Robertson, apart from his motor...he gets his shot off quickly, with bad intent, doesn’t need much time and space, which should translate at the NHL level.

This is how Boston beats us. Nice to have one of our own. Matthews needs to master his one-timer. They all do. No more letting the goalie come out and get square to the shooter..

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad