Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It's crazy how young he is. He's over a goal-per-game and still needs to go back to the OHL next year due to age (not AHL eligible).

Imagine what he's going to do next season.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
This kid is everything the Leafs need in their FWD group. LWer, tenacious, great finisher and fast

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
It's crazy how young he is. He's over a goal-per-game and still needs to go back to the OHL next year due to age (not AHL eligible).

if i was him i would go play in europe.
another OHL year will be pointless in his development

Reactions: hockeynorth

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Actually this is a fantastic idea, go the Matthews route!!! Good thinking

He wouldn't get paid a lot to play in Europe and might not even get the attention.

The reason Matthews could do it was because he was going 1st overall and had a lot of hype around him so it's free advertising for your team.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
He wouldn't get paid a lot to play in Europe and might not even get the attention.

The reason Matthews could do it was because he was going 1st overall and had a lot of hype around him so it's free advertising for your team.
but better competition

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Wow Leason's numbers are not good. Wonder if he's bringing a physical presence in Hershey. If not then we absolutely made the right pick (i think we did regardless but I know the size chart people want to think otherwise).

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

1. they dont go there for money
2. hes already drafted what does he need the attention for

swiss is probably the 5th best league there so he will get plenty of icetime
he just needs to play against bigger mature guys.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
All he really needs to do is get stronger and put on about 20lbs to compete safely and competently in the NHL.
His skill set will be welcome if he can make the step up

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
So is this guy actually looking promising? Or is he just a guy that may or may not make it in 4 years.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
So is this guy actually looking promising? Or is he just a guy that may or may not make it in 4 years.

He's the best goal scorer in the OHL and has objectively been one of if not the best American in the WJC exhibitions. Plays a complete game and is physically tenacious despite his 5'9 frame. He has a late birthday so, relative to his peers, is earlier in his development curve.

It'll be another year until he's even eligible to play in the AHL, so who knows how he'll translate, but he's among the very elite prospects of his age group, which is about all you can ask from him.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
The Leafs are one of the more talented teams in the league, and to this point they really haven't had a draft steal, just hit on picks that were supposed to hit and managed to find solid complimentary players with non-premium picks & udfa signings. If they hit on a couple star level players in non-premium draft positions, that could do so much for extending the compete window. There's no reason that the current core can't be contender level in a decade if the Sandin/Robertson types start to pan out in big ways. I think those are also the types that tend to be in weaker bargaining positions when the ELC's expire too, and maybe we can get a Pastrnak contract or two to build around

Reactions: LeafGrief

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I think he should stay in junior unless he makes the pros since he can’t go to the ahl. NA game is more aggressive and suits his style which I think he should keep at consistently.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Quick little bump for Nick as he plays for he US at the upcoming WJHC. From all reports he's been the best US player in camp, hopefully that continues, except vs. Canada of course.

Also funny going back and reading posters that were upset by this pick, either due to size or the fact that the Leafs passed on Brett Leason because he was 6'5"

How's Brett doing this year anyway :sarcasm:
Probably the same as Lawson Crouse!!!:laugh:
Easily predictable busts!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
And a much more proportional snorkel on the end of his face.

Marchands nose is so off putting I can see it while he is zooming around the ice at full speed, do you think it’s in his eyeline 24/7? Like just sees 60% world 40% shnoz?
That's not nice! Leave the little probsketeer alone
:laugh:

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

Nick ambruzzee too 12 points so far as a freshman
next years tourney will be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad