Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
damn

is he 5'8 on skates or in shoes

if he's marty st louis tough on his skates ok

but kyle wellwood..
Kyle Wellwood didn't care about hockey in a serious way outside of it being a paycheck and liking the game. He rarely ever put in the effort off ice to be the best he could and he didn't care much if they won or lost. Robertson seems to have a much different work ethic and drive than Wellwood.

Reactions: leafers

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
I'm a Flames fan. As per the avatar. Season Ticket holder since 2001.

So I don't have any horse in this race - but as a Dynasty Hockey Fantasy junkie, I've got to say I think Nick Robertson is going to go down as one of the best picks from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a Top 2-3 point producer from the whole draft.

People often overate the shiny new toy. And heaven knows HFboards loves a late Birthday. But when you hear about this kids struggles from at birth, and then you look at this birthday 9/11/01 there seems to almost be something serendipitous or providential about his background and potential.

He has the drive of Toews or Crosby and when I see Bracco I see a very skilled young man with a small DNA splice of Kyle Wellwood and that would concern me as a Bracco fan. No offense to Bracco intended, but just saying I think Robertson should have ranked higher on your prospect poll.

We can revisit this in 3-5 years, but I see a day when Robertson is flanking Matthews on the LW and generating a stupid amount of high end offence.

Skill - Check
Determination like almost never seen before - Check

This is going to go down as a hell of 53rd pick.

If I am not mistaken, Bracco has a lot of drive and is quite the hard worker.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
We got Nick Robertson in the 2nd round for 1 reason only: his size.

This kid is an elite talent, you can tell just from watching him. His stickhandling and skating are insane and I love that he never stops moving his feet during a play. We got a steal 100% guaranteed, book it. A player like Robertson if he's 6'0-6'1 is a top 5 pick.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really liking this pick .. They need to hit on this one given they didn't have a first this draft, and Robertson looks like he has some good potential.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
This kid has a motor man.

You can see where his skating isnt the best but its also not a problem and has room to improve.

He has great hands, great shot and offensive creativity. He really goes to the dirty areas and is consistenly involved in the play.

He has a bit of Marchand in his game forsure.

Dubas might have really hit homeruns with two late first/second picks in Sandin and Robertson.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I don't care how tall he is. There is a level of tenacity to his game that will make him successful. Not to mention some great hands, high end IQ and absolutely no panic to his game. Really excited about him as a prospect.

He was a good pick

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I know it's weird to say, but to me he looks like the prospect if Timashov and Dzierkals fused into one.

Which is great, because they both could have badly used the others strength lol.

Loving the pick so far.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wasn't too jazzed about the pick but definitely coming around. Perhaps he can be a Jaden Schwartz type player for us.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015

Such a well-spoken kid. Handles the media no problem. Also love the tongue-in-cheek "its business" comment.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
watching him play, the biggest area I hope he improves on is skating. For his size, you'd never be able to tell he's only 5'9. It's amazing how many battles he wins out there, and how great he is at getting to dangerous areas of the ice. Nobody can seem to stop him. I do wish he was a little bit faster and more explosive if I had to nitpick something, but he seems extremely good in pretty much any facet of the game

Reactions: Guy Boucher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad