Rumor: Leafs “actively shopping” Connor Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Leafs have enough forward competition as it is, no need for randoms off of the Oilers, if they're moving Carrick it's most likely for a pick

Kassian could help a young team that’s overflowing with talent but short on toughness. I’d kick in a lower pick too but we need to move a body.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Kassian could help a young team that’s overflowing with talent but short on toughness. I’d kick in a lower pick too but we need to move a body.

Leafs have no need for him or his toughness, as it is he wouldn't crack our top 9 and the 4th line is Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen, he has no need or place here. I'd take a mid round pick for Carrick

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
honestly just rather a 4th-5th
but if this was the best offer, id take him and put kassian in the minors he really dont have a need, our bottom 6ers really grind it out and play tough with speed and some hitting.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Leafs have no need for him or his toughness, as it is he wouldn't crack our top 9 and the 4th line is Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen, he has no need or place here. I'd take a mid round pick for Carrick

The value for us would be in moving a body out. If it’s not a fit that’s fine, but Carrick isn’t appealing enough to just lose a pick over.

If we can’t move one out we’ll likely just waive Aberg - he’s been the worst of the three bubble forwards by far.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Believe it or not, Babcock did mention today that the leafs lack heavy players and that big bodies are still essential to today's league (He mentioned the Capitals winning the Cup).

I personally wouldn't mind Kassian.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Believe it or not, Babcock did mention today that the leafs lack heavy players and that big bodies are still essential to today's league (He mentioned the Capitals winning the Cup).

I think he’s a decent fit for Toronto honestly. He’s a good skater and should be a 20 point guy pretty much anywhere. The problem is he’s been a bit of a fat happy cat since he got his three year deal. Maybe getting dealt would bring back a little bit of the crazy that he needs to be effective.

We just have three or four other guys that can do what he does.

Reactions: OVO16

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Rosen is waiver exempt. That's why he'll be sent down. It will be Dermott and Oz with Holl as the 7th D. Dermott is head and shoulders above all our other third pairing options.

They're not sending down Rosen. He's earned a spot on the team.

Last year, he earned a spot too and they waived Marincin, a right handed defenceman.

They'll send down Borgman, waive Marincin and Holl and trade Carrick.

Don't @ me.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think he’s a decent fit for Toronto honestly. He’s a good skater and should be a 20 point guy pretty much anywhere. The problem is he’s been a bit of a fat happy cat since he got his three year deal. Maybe getting dealt would bring back a little bit of the crazy that he needs to be effective.

We just have three or four other guys that can do what he does.

Yeah, I've seen Kassian play and I think he's actually a very good prototypical 4th liner in today's league. He's a good skater, who has some decent skill and brings the toughness. He's not useless like many other leaf fans are claiming.

But I agree with other fans that we currently have a surplus of forwards battling for time. Not to mention, us signing Ennis, who has killed it so far (in a good way)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

You need to move a body, but we have no room.
Depending on the Dmen involved, we could for one of those.
Hopefully in the A or CHL.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Not a good look for Leafs management to kick a guy off the team and disrupt the locker room right before the season begins

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Ritchie to toronto obviously

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not a good look for Leafs management to kick a guy off the team and disrupt the locker room right before the season begins

giphy.gif

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
They're not sending down Rosen. He's earned a spot on the team.

Last year, he earned a spot too and they waived Marincin, a right handed defenceman.

They'll send down Borgman, waive Marincin and Holl and trade Carrick.

Don't @ me.

Marincin is a left handed defenceman.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018

What? That is literally the point of training camp. Players lose their spots and are waived or traded every single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad