Rumor: Leafs “actively shopping” Connor Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
lol the player plays for the leafs so what if we post about a player on you know the leafs, your the one that sounds arrogant...... calling leaf fans that give it a rest.
At least I can spell (except for the once in a while slip of the finger) and construct a sentence.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I was referring to the fact that if not for some Leafs fans, this thread would have died quite a while ago.
I don't doubt it.

I made a post completely separate from that which you chose to respond to.

If you don't like Leafs fans on the main boards discussing Leafs players in a thread about a Leafs player, my suggestion would be to not enter those threads.

I'm sure there is more than enough to discuss on the Habs boards to keep you entertained.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think he'd be a good 6D on plenty of teams, and he's just 24. Doesn't fit on the Leafs, our top dman are all guys who are good with the puck but not that big/physical (Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev), so we want to surround them with defensive, physical dmen, not guys with similar skill sets like Carrick. But on plenty of teams he'd be a good fit on the bottom pair. I expect us to get an ~4th round pick for him.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
It's called optics and leverage. I guess you don't know how the sales business works.
Oh no, I rather understand. I once sold a two-wheel drive Blazer to someone looking for an “off-road” truck. I mean technically it is a truck and you could conceivably take it off the road. Unfortunately for the Leafs, Carrick is a scooter with one good wheel that perpetually has a flat and a lot of people have seen you driving it.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Carrick placed on waivers. I really don't see him going unclaimed, but I also assumed someone would have dealt a late pick for him to shore up their right side so I could be wrong on that too.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
But I thought Carrick >>>>> Braun?

Hopefully Carrick can move soon so we can see the max value of Braun

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I guess there were no takers for an NHL squad. If he passes through, there might be some interest from a team looking at him as a first call up guy.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Jeez, this scares the s hit out of me! Keep Chia away from the telephone! We sent Jakub Jerabek to the Blues today!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Carrick never made it to waivers. Sounds like we may hear about a Carrick trade today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad