Rumor: Leafs “actively shopping” Connor Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Dubas agrees with you because a guy from a noteably inaccurate hockey rumours website tweeted that Carrick might be moved without stating the motivation for that move if true (which is likely competition, not his own play) after being part of the management team that traded for Carrick?

you want me to be wrong so bad that you cling to whatever you think supports that and you don't think in the process

Yeah because they’re probably trying to move him because there’s a logjam and too much competition at RHD

Get real. He is shit and they’re just trying to get something back instead of waiving him. I bet if nobody bites he’s getting waived before the season starts.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Yeah because they’re probably trying to move him because there’s a logjam and too much competition at RHD

Get real. He is **** and they’re just trying to get something back instead of waiving him. I bet if nobody bites he’s getting waived before the season starts.
you mean the 6 guys competing for the bottom 2 spots?

so again, you're asserting that he's terrible despite the evidence because your own (very very flawed) eye test confirms it, the because of the chatter that TFP is hearing? I don't see how you could be wrong

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Might get a 3rd round pick back. Still not sure I'm trading defense if I'm Toronto given their somewhat weakness on defense.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
you mean the 6 guys competing for the bottom 2 spots?

so again, you're asserting that he's terrible despite the evidence because your own (very very flawed) eye test confirms it, the because of the chatter that TFP is hearing? I don't see how you could be wrong

Well, according to you he’s s very legit bottom pairing guy (I’d even go the elite bottom pairing advanced stats). So, tell me again, why isn’t he a lock already since he has NHL experience and is good at his role (and the fact that he’s RHD, which is a need for you guys?)

Clearly there’s s dispenrency between what YOU see and most of the Leafs fans and managements sees

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Well, according to you he’s s very legit bottom pairing guy (I’d even go the elite bottom pairing advanced stats). So, tell me again, why isn’t he a lock already since he has NHL experience and is good at his role (and the fact that he’s RHD, which is a need for you guys?)

Clearly there’s s dispenrency between what YOU see and most of the Leafs fans and managements sees
don't put words in my mouth. He's put up good results in a sheltered bottom pairing role, I'm fine with having that on the roster. Do you stop trying to improve your team because you don't have an apparent need?

How are you getting your info on what the Leafs management thinks on any subject?

OK, I'm going to regret this but what do you want for Carrick and Leivo?

what they're worth probably doesn't make me want to sell at this point. I'd like to see the defense take shape and prove that it's stable before dealing Carrick for the 4th-7th rounder that he's worth, and Leivo I think could really emerge if he gets consistent time on a scoring line, plus he's a big and kinda physical player that the Leafs are lacking in

fair value is probably a 5th for Carrick and 3rd for Leivo

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
don't put words in my mouth. He's put up good results in a sheltered bottom pairing role, I'm fine with having that on the roster. Do you stop trying to improve your team because you don't have an apparent need?

How are you getting your info on what the Leafs management thinks on any subject?

I don’t know, how about that rumor that they’re trying to trade him? Or the multiple « shots » that Babcock took at some young veteran without publicy naming them?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He must be top pairing material if he’s with the Leafs. Value is inflated tenfold.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Unfortunate, I had high hopes for the kid. Solid competitor, just not good enough at this point.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
True, but half the team wasn't motivated last year. If we were trading guys who weren't motivated last year, we would have 4 forwards and 3 defensemen left.
Yup yup. The difference a year can be. Phil went from elite to average and then back to elite in a short span. Happens to players/teams all the time.
Take klefbom he was on the verge of being a top pairing dman. Last year he was what barely a top 4 dman?
Oilers will be better this season.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
At this point I really don’t know what to say. You seem like the only one over here who’s delusional about Carrick.
lol, if he's traded the Leafs would have to find a trade partner willing to give something up for him right? So if he's what you say, a non-NHL'er, you'd expect that he is waived and not picked up. I guess we'll see

and if this is what you think winning an argument looks like, I suspect that's uncharted territory for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad