Rumor: Leafs “actively shopping” Connor Carrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I doubt there's many teams that want to use an extra roster spot.

Leafs will probably have to acquire another contract back + pick.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I can see Carrick + one of our goalies to Calgary for Rittich and a conditional mid-round pick which could go up depending on games played. I think Carrick could challenge for a top 6 job there, and at the very least be an upgrade on Dalton Prout. I think a mid-round pick is worth upgrading those two positions, especially since Carrick is only 24 and has had a positive track record on a bottom pairing with the Leafs.

A team in desperate need of RHD is trading one away. Should tell the rest of the teams in the NHL what they need to know about Carrick.

The Leafs are not in desperate need of RHD. We need a top 4 RD. Our bottom pairing RD has never been a real problem at any point. Even when Polak was here. Carrick's main problem is he does not play PK and Ozhiganov did what he was supposed to do and outplayed him. Does not mean Carrick could not make another team.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
He doesn't hockey very well?
He actually does hockey pretty well in a limited role (see below). He gets set up for success (low QoC, decent QoT, heavily offensive usage) but delivers results that you'd expect, maybe better
upload_2018-9-28_13-27-4.png

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Rosen has been pretty trash too. I suspect Rosen sent down and Holl our 7th D

I think Marincin makes more sense than Holl. Holl has been worse than all of them both this preseason and dating back to the end of last season.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think Marincin makes more sense than Holl. Holl has been worse than all of them both this preseason and dating back to the end of last season.

Marincin's time is done. He's beyond washed. He's gonna me a career AHL'r from now on just like Colin Greening

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
You know.. When advanced stats fails you yet again
you need to make an effort to understand them before you comment, science looks like witchcraft to those that don't
Neat graph....pretty colors, to bad he looks like trash when you watch him play....
I'll disagree. He's limited in skillset but effective

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Neat graph....pretty colors, to bad he looks like trash when you watch him play....

Well it's a good thing that 2 preseason games does not override 100+ regular season NHL games where he was, for the most part, not trash.

I would be surprised if a team did not at least give him a chance in their top 6. He's earned that much, regardless of how he played in the preseason. He was not even close to being our worst defensemen out of those who could have seriously been considered for an NHL job next year. Not top 6, which is why he is available, but that has more than Ozhiganov performing better than expected more than anything else.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Marincin's time is done. He's beyond washed. He's gonna me a career AHL'r from now on just like Colin Greening

Then Holl will not even get off of the ground, because Marincin is better than him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
you need to make an effort to understand them before you comment, science looks like witchcraft to those that don't

Numbers and stats are easily manipulated....just watch him play, tells you all you need to know. You see, the problem is this...you yourself just said that your graph shows his effectiveness in a limited role...well an NHL game is much more than short spurts of limited roles.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

I understand them well enough to know that he does not belong in the NHL and does not pass the eye test. There’s some battle worth fighting but this is one you shouldn’t. He’ll be a weak #6 on a weak team at best for the rest of his (I presume) short carreer.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm thinking low pick or waiver wire.

I still think Carrick has potential, but unfortunately he hasn't progressed at all the last few years.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well it's a good thing that 2 preseason games does not override 100+ regular season NHL games where he was, for the most part, not trash.

I would be surprised if a team did not at least give him a chance in their top 6. He's earned that much, regardless of how he played in the preseason. He was not even close to being our worst defensemen out of those who could have seriously been considered for an NHL job next year. Not top 6, which is why he is available, but that has more than Ozhiganov performing better than expected more than anything else.
Wait, you think he's earned a top 6 role...yet a team with a dire need for RHD is looking to move him? Seems actual NHL guys disagree with you.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Man, if Marincin can make the Leafs defence you are in trouble... Big trouble...

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Numbers and stats are easily manipulated....just watch him play, tells you all you need to know. You see, the problem is this...you yourself just said that your grapg shows his effectiveness in a limited role...well an NHL game is much more than short spurts of limited roles.

We finally agree on something! Bring out the champaign!

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I can see Carrick + one of our goalies to Calgary for Rittich and a conditional mid-round pick which could go up depending on games played. I think Carrick could challenge for a top 6 job there, and at the very least be an upgrade on Dalton Prout. I think a mid-round pick is worth upgrading those two positions, especially since Carrick is only 24 and has had a positive track record on a bottom pairing with the Leafs.

And this helps the Flames... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad