Leafs’ first round opponent: Boston (who tanked for us)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yup. And if they do they really are sandbagging to play us. Lol.

If the Boston Bruins are actively looking to throw their last game to play us, that's going to hurt them in the hockey karma department. The hockey universe just works like that.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
If the Boston Bruins are actively looking to throw their last game to play us, that's going to hurt them in the hockey karma department. The hockey universe just works like that.
I totally agree. That being said I doubt they press their luck.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Florida?
Boston?

IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! Your roody poo stinky ass is gonna get it

therock-the.gif

the-rock-bring-it.gif

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Florida, being a non traditional hockey market probably wants that Atlantic division banner.

PS do these video ads HAVE to block my chat
Box?

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I felt like Florida was going to punch us in the mouth again this year but… I don’t know.. look at how bad our top players were, and look at the scores. I mean.. make no mistake we got our butts kicked and we folded like a wet napkin, but… I think we have more secondary scoring this year and Auston will not go 5 games without a goal.
View attachment 852252View attachment 852253
Thank you for highly detailed post, appreciate the effort 👍

But that's all old news at this point... remember, when you look to the past for anything other than motivation for a better now, it'll tend to manifest negatively in your phantom future... hopefully Keefe and Co. aren't focused even a fraction on what happend last year, let alone last game

Leafs have all pieces to make a run this year, only time will tell either way lol, cheers

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Face whoever and beat them. If boston rests guys and loses tmrw to face us, that’s disrespect. Use it as motivation.

And if we can beat Tampa, we can beat their little brother.

GLG

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
There's a big difference between finishing 1st in the Atlantic and dropping to 2nd to face the Leafs.

Bruins weren't coasting against the Caps. The long season has taken it's toll on these bums. Bruins is the team we want to face in round 1.

Reactions: Duffman955

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
There's a big difference between finishing 1st in the Atlantic and dropping to 2nd to face the Leafs.

Bruins weren't coasting against the Caps. The long season has taken it's toll on these bums. Bruins is the team we want to face in round 1.
Both teams would be tough but I do think Florida is a lot deeper and more physical. It'll be what it'll be, though.

Reactions: Havoc

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I ain't scared of either team.

Gimme the Bruins first tho, since we got some shit to settle.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Even though we have a b2b, safe assumption the NHL is putting us on Saturday Night?
You'd think so - Wednesday to Saturday is a long enough break, IMO, especially since they would likely just stay in Florida if it's the Panthers we play.

Pretty sure Chris Johnston mentioned on Overdrive yesterday that it's looking like Saturday, but on 32 Thoughts they also mentioned some teams starting next Monday/Tuesday which seems way too late. So who knows.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You'd think so - Wednesday to Saturday is a long enough break, IMO, especially since they would likely just stay in Florida if it's the Panthers we play.

Pretty sure Chris Johnston mentioned on Overdrive yesterday that it's looking like Saturday, but on 32 Thoughts they also mentioned some teams starting next Monday/Tuesday which seems way too late. So who knows.

Teams that finish on Thursday won’t get started till Sunday the earliest. Plus arena availability issues, and yes, some can start on Monday/Tuesday for sure. I just hope we start on Saturday, that’s all I care about.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Teams that finish on Thursday won’t get started till Sunday the earliest. Plus arena availability issues, and yes, some can start on Monday/Tuesday for sure. I just hope we start on Saturday, that’s all I care about.
If playoffs do start on Saturday then yeah I think they'll want us on the Saturday night slot. And yeah like I said I think Wednesday to Saturday is a long enough break for sure.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Even though we have a b2b, safe assumption the NHL is putting us on Saturday Night?
If they started Sunday and went every second night then game 4 would be a Saturday night game in Toronto but I'm not sure about building availability

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If playoffs do start on Saturday then yeah I think they'll want us on the Saturday night slot. And yeah like I said I think Wednesday to Saturday is a long enough break for sure.
Yeah, that's my bad.I'm moving so my days are crossed up, thought the b2b was wed-thursday.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If they started Sunday and went every second night then game 4 would be a Saturday night game in Toronto but I'm not sure about building availability
Don't they usually get an extra day off between games 2 and 3?

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012

Is there an F1 race that will force Florida to play two games over 6 days like last year? Tickets are cheap to Ft Laudrerdale….

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Florida has OEL out tonight and Ekblad won't play until game 1, I kind of wonder if they're more banged up than we realize.

I'd be telling the boys to finish checks tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad