LD Yegor Rykov - Severstal Cherepovets, KHL (2016, 132nd, NJD; traded to NYR)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Eh, they traded him for Ivan Prosvetov

And they traded Altybarmakyan for Ivan Larichev. In both cases, the return is a joke only there so they wouldn't have to agree on "monetary compensation".

Not sure about that, the so called "hidden loans" usually don't happen when player is in the last year of his contract.
Which means nothing since he's RFA, SKA can "trade" for his rights at any point if they want to.

Half of SKA farm team have played for Sochi in recent years: Tochitsky, Grebenshchikov, Larichev, Alexandrov, Altybarmakyan and, yes, Rykov. It's pretty obvious SKA have a pretty steady stream going to Sochi (not to mention that Sochi are kings of loans overall, they will take next to anything out of your hands as long as they are cheap) and Rykov is just another case in a pretty long list of those.

You cannot possibly believe that B prospect set on career in NA was the best offer they got if they actually wanted to really trade him. Not to mentioned they traded him and Altybarmakyan on the same day. To the same team. Or do you think they wanted to dump all their best prospects wherever?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Which means nothing since he's RFA, SKA can "trade" for his rights at any point if they want to.

Half of SKA farm team have played for Sochi in recent years: Tochitsky, Grebenshchikov, Larichev, Alexandrov, Altybarmakyan and, yes, Rykov. It's pretty obvious SKA have a pretty steady stream going to Sochi (not to mention that Sochi are kings of loans overall, they will take next to anything out of your hands as long as they are cheap) and Rykov is just another case in a pretty long list of those.

You cannot possibly believe that B prospect set on career in NA was the best offer they got if they actually wanted to really trade him. Not to mentioned they traded him and Altybarmakyan on the same day. To the same team. Or do you think they wanted to dump all their best prospects wherever?

I think we're just not on the same page in terms of definitions: for me 'loan' is when after some time you get back the same thing that you had given, but if a team gives a player to another team and after a season gets only his rights (and not the player himself) in return, then from my point of view it is not a loan, but something different.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think we're just not on the same page in terms of definitions: for me 'loan' is when after some time you get back the same thing that you had given, but if a team gives a player to another team and after a season gets only his rights (and not the player himself) in return, then from my point of view it is not a loan, but something different.
But they still get back the very same thing they would have had if they kept him. Sochi has no actual long-term control of a player which is what loan is. You get to use it but you own nothing.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's still only 21, so a lot of time and place to improve his game. I hope, him and Gavrikov will become very solid NHL defensemen for years to come.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Two assists and he made a big contribution on the game winner, but didn't get an assist. He had a great game. He was robbed of a nice assist last game after a goal was overturned. Rykov has been very good so far in this series. Rykov had been trailing Jokipakka in TOI most recent games, but today Rykov played the most by about 3 minutes and Jokipakka was in the middle of the pack. Good adjustment by Zubov. Jokipakka can't skate or play defense. Big liability.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Two assists and he made a big contribution on the game winner, but didn't get an assist. He had a great game. He was robbed of a nice assist last game after a goal was overturned. Rykov has been very good so far in this series. Rykov had been trailing Jokipakka in TOI most recent games, but today Rykov played the most by about 3 minutes and Jokipakka was in the middle of the pack. Good adjustment by Zubov. Jokipakka can't skate or play defense. Big liability.

Yeah, that was a bad trade for SKA and great for Sochi and Rykov. Hope, SKA will lose the series, just for fun...

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, that was a bad trade for SKA and great for Sochi and Rykov. Hope, SKA will lose the series, just for fun...

They miscalculated his current ability. He's definitely better than some of their lower-pairing defensemen.

They probably thought he would be their 7th or 8th best defensemen this season and wouldn't return next season, so it didn't make sense to keep him around. The second part of that might not be wrong, but the first part of that does seem to be wrong. He'd play in their top 4, on merit.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
So, Pavel, it seems like you will get several dominating players wh would crush NHL. Shestyorkin, Rykov, Kravtsov. Crazy Russian boyz wow!

Yeah dude, Jokipakka was their best defenseman through the whole season, but he's a liability now because how dare he play more than the great Ryk!

PS Jokipakka most likely got injured, since he didn't play in the 3rd and OT at all.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So, Pavel, it seems like you will get several dominating players wh would crush NHL. Shestyorkin, Rykov, Kravtsov. Crazy Russian boyz wow!

Yeah dude, Jokipakka was their best defenseman through the whole season, but he's a liability now because how dare he play more than the great Ryk!

PS Jokipakka most likely got injured, since he didn't play in the 3rd and OT at all.

Rykov is 21, and he just played over 23 min in a playoffs game, where his team beat a clearly better team, and Yegor scored 2 points, one of which was a beautiful primary assist. Why are you so mad about it?

Btw, he had even biggerTOI in a previous game, and that game didn't have any OT. He's been playing over 22 min/game in the playoffs so far, leading his team in TOI, and he's +1 in the series, where his team scored 6 goals and let in 10.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Rykov is 21, and he just played over 23 min in a playoffs game, where his team beat a clearly better team, and Yegor scored 2 points, one of which was a beautiful primary assist. Why are you so mad about it?

Btw, he had even biggerTOI in a previous game, and that game didn't have any OT. He's been playing over 22 min/game in the playoffs so far, leading his team in TOI, and he's +1 in the series, where his team scored 6 goals and let in 10.

I didn't like an uncalled attack on Jokipakka, and overhype of Rykov by Pavel.

He had a good game, but is quite obviously very far from being NHL quality

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I didn't like an uncalled attack on Jokipakka, and overhype of Rykov by Pavel.

He had a good game, but is quite obviously very far from being NHL quality

His NHL quality (or lack of it) will become obvious, when he plays some NHL games, but he looks very solid in the KHL. And players can progress very substantially at this age.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

How many games of Sochi have you watched recently? I've watched most recent games, and at least 15-20 this season. Jokipakka is a consistent weak link. He gets a big role and presumably contract due to "playing in the NHL", but he's immobile. Just about the only thing he does well is shoot the puck. I didn't say anything about the other defensemen. Sochi has a good team. I commented about Jokipakka who I've noticed all season has been playing bad hockey, yet is receiving too much ice time.

Also, you caught yourself in a corner with your misinformation. You are trying to claim things I've never said about Rykov because you are offended that a fan of an NHL team is updating a prospect thread with positive news.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched some of today's game. Sochi played their worst game of the series so far. Rykov was on for two goals, but he played no part in either goal. The goalie also couldn't make a save.

I think Rykov is the Rangers most underrated prospect. I don't think he's elite at any part of the game, but he's good at most parts of the game and very good at some other parts of the game. I also don't think there's any part of the game he's decidedly below-average at. He's developed really well this season. I'd say he's trending towards becoming a good #3 defensemen in the NHL.

Its funny that so many Ranger fans talk mostly about Kravtsov of the three KHL players who are out of contract at the end of the season. He is the least NHL ready of the three by a long way. Shestyorkin and Rykov could both step into the NHL today. They are NHL ready. Kravtsov isn't, which shouldn't be a surprise because he was just drafted, but the other two are the instant impact players for next season.

Rykov could also be in line for a promotion to the Russian National Team at the end of the season. He was the best defensemen on the "B" National Team during the last international break and has been excellent for Sochi in recent months.

Reactions: slumpy43

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I watched some of today's game. Sochi played their worst game of the series so far. Rykov was on for two goals, but he played no part in either goal. The goalie also couldn't make a save.

I think Rykov is the Rangers most underrated prospect. I don't think he's elite at any part of the game, but he's good at most parts of the game and very good at some other parts of the game. I also don't think there's any part of the game he's decidedly below-average at. He's developed really well this season. I'd say he's trending towards becoming a good #3 defensemen in the NHL.

Its funny that so many Ranger fans talk mostly about Kravtsov of the three KHL players who are out of contract at the end of the season. He is the least NHL ready of the three by a long way. Shestyorkin and Rykov could both step into the NHL today. They are NHL ready. Kravtsov isn't, which shouldn't be a surprise because he was just drafted, but the other two are the instant impact players for next season.

Rykov could also be in line for a promotion to the Russian National Team at the end of the season. He was the best defensemen on the "B" National Team during the last international break and has been excellent for Sochi in recent months.
Shame on those Ranger fans for being excited about a potential forward superstar player and not getting as exciting for a 4-5 defensmen. Didn't you say Alexei Bereglazov would be a solid top 4 dman in the league too because he played so well in the KHL...he couldnt even hack it in the AHL and hes already back in the KHL. Nice

Reactions: Lays

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Shame on those Ranger fans for being excited about a potential forward superstar player and not getting as exciting for a 4-5 defensmen. Didn't you say Alexei Bereglazov would be a solid top 4 dman in the league too because he played so well in the KHL...he couldnt even hack it in the AHL and hes already back in the KHL. Nice

And don't forget. Ryan Graves is better than Brady Skjei :laugh:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well, Bereglazov is 3 years older, than Rykov, and already a worse player...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Seems like Pavel is looking at stats and boxscores and concludes that since KHL is a very strong league, and Rykov is playing decently for Sochi he is good.

But he doesn't understand how KHL works, the hierarchy of teams.

Also, LOL at Rykov in NT. When he will come back to SKA, and will play there as a regular player, then yes. But from Sochi to World Championships? LMAO. Espescially when the coach of NT is the same guy who sent Rykov out of St Petesburg in the first place.

Also he was the best player for russian b team? Pavel, don't tell me you watched Kaufland Cup! Why would you do that? Nobody in even Russia watches this stuff. You watched it specifically because of Rykov? Woke up very early in the morning to watch Russia B get smashed by Slovakia because you wanted to watch Rykov?

You think he is a new Fetisov or smth?

I mean, even when I worked as a part-time scout I didn't watch 20-25 games of some no-name teams because of just one guy. Espescially a guy across the ocean. And we are not talking about some high-potential guy either.

How about some:

?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad