LD Sean Day - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I saw him in the U17 a couple of years ago, when he was supposed to be great so I singled him out as guys to watch. I was thoroughly unimpressed. That said, he has the raw skills to make it in the NHL, so he's obviously worth taking a flyer on in the mid-2nd.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hope that Toronto gets the 1st OVR and thus, we get the 31st pick and take Day. Well, him or Kuznetzov.

you're a Pens fan right?

If you make the playoffs you get your 2nd back in that deal not Toronto's, Toronto keeps it's 2nd this year regardless.

I'm hoping we can pick Day in the 3rd round, if he's gone before then good luck to him, I don't really want to use a 2nd rounder on him. Not ours anyway, hoping to draft Carter Hart with that pick.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would take him with Chicago's 2nd rounder that we own from the Timonen deal.

Provorov Sanheim
Morin Ghost
Day Myers
Hagg Friedman

:)

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
I wouldn't pick him in the first four rounds. Red flags all over.

I bet he still goes in the 2nd round, though.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Leafs have enough extra picks over the next few years I wouldnt mind if they took a chance on him. They could afford to have him bust and not miss the pick too much with his upside if he ever figures it all out.
But not until after our own 2nd rounder. So either early third round or with another teams second we acquire in a trade.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't pick him in the first four rounds. Red flags all over.

I bet he still goes in the 2nd round, though.

His skating, size and ability to rush the puck make him an intersting option in the 2nd/3rd rounds. He won't slip past there.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
I want to say his floor in a solid organization is at least an NHL player. There's no way some coach can't figure out how to plug that skillset into his system somehow. That's better than you can say for many 2nd round picks.

amack081

Nov 1, 2015
Just boxscore checking, in a game where the Steelheads get blown out 10-2, Day finishes the night as a even +/-.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Just boxscore checking, in a game where the Steelheads get blown 10-2, Day finishes the night as a even +/-.

I watched half of the game.
He seemed very disinterested the first half of the game but had a nice rush in the third where he blew by 3 Attack players for a partial breakway. Positioning was ok, had some jam going into the corners too.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
There was a comment along the lines of "The Leafs should stay away from Sean Day in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft." to which his mother replied "Good, me too!!!"

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
you're a Pens fan right?

If you make the playoffs you get your 2nd back in that deal not Toronto's, Toronto keeps it's 2nd this year regardless.

I'm hoping we can pick Day in the 3rd round, if he's gone before then good luck to him, I don't really want to use a 2nd rounder on him. Not ours anyway, hoping to draft Carter Hart with that pick.

Yeah, I thought it was Toronto's pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad