LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I guess that's different, yeah, but you know what I meant.

I do think that Sandin being on the AHL team means that they think that he doesn't have any more to learn at the Junior level. In that case I do think he "made" the AHL team.

However, this is the 2nd European that Dubas has taken and fast tracked to the AHL. Maybe there is a method to his madness, and Dubas thinks that drafting players he can put directly into the AHL is best for development?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
However, this is the 2nd European that Dubas has taken and fast tracked to the AHL. Maybe there is a method to his madness, and Dubas thinks that drafting players he can put directly into the AHL is best for development?

The Leafs put a lot of resources into their staff. I think they want to get these guys with their sports science, skill and strength coaches full-time as soon as possible. Also gives them a lot more control over ice time and their daily schedules.

Reactions: bert

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The Leafs put a lot of resources into their staff. I think they want to get these guys with their sports science, skill and strength coaches full-time as soon as possible. Also gives them a lot more control over ice time and their daily schedules.

Agreed. The whole point of having a farm system is to have control over the development of your prospects.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Yeah, Im not worried with Leaf putting their young prospects in Marlies, I think they know what they do there. But then we have other clubs who screw the development for their prospects by putting them in AHL, wont mention their names..

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Just basing it on what I saw in pre-season honestly. Sandin was already better, much more poise. Liljegren still looks years away but Sandin looked like he could play bottom pair in the NHL right away. I have faith that he will be a solid 2nd pairing D some day at the least.
No Liljegren did not look years away. Both looked pretty good in pre-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad