LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
From what I watch he's been pretty much like your run-of-the-mill under 22 year old Dman playing in the NHL.
12-15 minutes a night, will make a nice play to get you excited, follow that up with a game he gets burnt or plays 10 minutes.

Guy's got the right ability package to be a top 4 guy in the league for a long time though. I don't think he'll ever be an elite top pairing guy, unless his progression curve hits a crazy spike. Then again, he's also 20 years old and his progression could explode.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He just isnt strong enough. You can tell the thought process is there but he just gets pushed around by stronger players. Hopefully its eye opening and he hits the gym hard in the off season.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Good show was suggesting that they send him down now in favour of Marincin today so someone could move bodies from in front. That seems like a really dumb move to me, and JD Bunkis is not a good hockey guy, but no issue with him giving up his spot when Muzzin gets back. Dermott's been terrific of late, and a right side of Barrie-Holl-Ceci isn't awful if it's combined with Rielly-Muzzin-Dermott.

Sandin's got the tools and the toolbox, needs to get stronger and work on his skating. All things considered that's not a bad position to be in from a development standpoint. I also agree with some recent posters that I don't see him being a true blue top pairing dman, but if we get a #2/3 type out of a late 1st rounder and especially one that has a long career, that's good value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad