LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What's the strongest aspect of his game? Can anyone give a brief scouting report on what he has shown to be very good at this pre-season?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
What's the strongest aspect of his game? Can anyone give a brief scouting report on what he has shown to be very good at this pre-season?

Decision making and puck movement followed closely by his ability to be in the right place defensively. He's mobile, not a burner, but fast enough to move the puck by skating it himself. If I had to compare him to anyone currently on the Leafs, it would be Dermott.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
He has shown really good poise for a kid in his first NHL pre-season. He has a very good hockey IQ making sound decisions for the most part.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He has shown really good poise for a kid in his first NHL pre-season. He has a very good hockey IQ making sound decisions for the most part.

Decision making and puck movement followed closely by his ability to be in the right place defensively. He's mobile, not a burner, but fast enough to move the puck by skating it himself. If I had to compare him to anyone currently on the Leafs, it would be Dermott.

Thanks. Sounds like the Leafs may have a good one here.

Reactions: AppsSyl

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I know it might change when he players against bigger and faster players.....but I like how he leaves a small gap between himself and the opposition (I noted this in his junior play). He has confidence in his ability to turn and skate with forwards skating towards him. We'll see if this trait can be translated into the NHL. But certainly on a lower level he seem to have the smarts regarding angles and the use of his stick.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Another one of those prototypical Swedes. Moves the puck, is smart, has decent wheels and is solid positionally. Hes not going to really blow you away in any one aspect. Doubt he'll ever be anything more than a 3 or 4 but could be a Stralman type riding shotgun on a pairing. Liked the pick in June and like it now.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think he's going to be an excellent two way d-man in the mould of Anton Stralman (TB/ NYR version). He's super smart and doesn't overplay his position. He does like to make aggressive pinches at the oppositions blue line however but I think he'll learn to be more calculated with experience.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Exactly the type of dman the Leafs need, hopefully he gets to that level in a few years. Leafs have done well with their dmen selections of late, him, Liljegren and Dermott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad