LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Dec 13, 2010
Saw him play 2 years ago and loved his game. Don't have rankings but definitely put his name down as one to watch for the draft.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Doesn't skate well enough to compensate for his lack of size. Not exactly the player NHL teams tend to look for.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Doesn't skate well enough to compensate for his lack of size. Not exactly the player NHL teams tend to look for.

Yeah, he's ranked a little too high at the moment it seems. If his skating improves over the summer he could be selected in the first three rounds though I think. Reminds me a bit of Cam Dineen who got picked in the 3rd round in the 2016 draft. Same size, similar skillsets and both with skating as their biggest weakness.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Source I have told me he's on route after last nights game , 2nd person approached me with same news today.

Guess we wait , his father is in fan club for SSM now and liked a recent post hinting towards it as well.

I've been told he's on route. I trust my source very very much.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Source I have told me he's on route after last nights game , 2nd person approached me with same news today.

Guess we wait , his father is in fan club for SSM now and liked a recent post hinting towards it as well.

I've been told he's on route. I trust my source very very much.

Well, it wouldn't shock me if it's true. Sandin has switched clubs a lot in the last couple of years and I guess the situation in Rögle isn't ideal for him. Although I don't really know why he hasn't played a single game with the junior team so far. Mixing J20 play with getting some minutes at the SHL level should be a pretty decent development route. But then again their J20 team is pretty bad too. Guess it's more exciting to play for a good team in OHL, and it sounded like he was really close to go there before the season began anyway, so I guess he had one foot out the door already (if this is indeed true).

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Given some of their acquisitions, his team was considered to be among the favourites entering the season but started out with 5 losses in 8 games but hopefully his team can rebound and he can get something going.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well, it wouldn't shock me if it's true. Sandin has switched clubs a lot in the last couple of years and I guess the situation in Rögle isn't ideal for him. Although I don't really know why he hasn't played a single game with the junior team so far. Mixing J20 play with getting some minutes at the SHL level should be a pretty decent development route. But then again their J20 team is pretty bad too. Guess it's more exciting to play for a good team in OHL, and it sounded like he was really close to go there before the season began anyway, so I guess he had one foot out the door already (if this is indeed true).

Looked up who his agent is and...well, the switching between clubs makes a whole lot more sense now.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
If you really think that he will improve your defensive core then you are in for a big surprise.

You making this comment is like him making his.

You haven't seen our team , and we haven't watched Rasmus.

Invalid comment both ways really

The thought is this kid is going into top 4 d pairing.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
You making this comment is like him making his.

You haven't seen our team , and we haven't watched Rasmus.

Invalid comment both ways really

The thought is this kid is going into top 4 d pairing.

But how can you say that he will improve your defensive core big time if you haven't seen him?

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
But how can you say that he will improve your defensive core big time if you haven't seen him?
Because we literally need a couple defensemen , period.

It saves us assets to use at deadline to grab another top 4 dman , and still have Rasmus

I have hunch he has a better year than Gustav ever had here

Luddowich

May 1, 2013
Sweden
The fact that he has played with 4 different teams about to be 5 in 4 seasons is worrying. Seems like a difficult player to deal with off the ice.
Extremely talented though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The fact that he has played with 4 different teams about to be 5 in 4 seasons is worrying. Seems like a difficult player to deal with off the ice.
Extremely talented though.

Don't think this has anything to do with off ice issues. Sandin shares the same agent as the Nylanders, Kylington (think he switched) and Tom Hedberg. New team (and loans) every year basically. Rögle also gets transfer money if Sandin signs an NHL contract so this is a win for them, just like when they signed Alex Nylander. They obviously knew he wasn't staying for long.

Reactions: GC

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Seems to be a bit of a "boom or bust" pick from what I've seen. I love the kid's hockey IQ from what I've managed to see. But the lack of size + lack of skating might be a double whammy for teams who are looking to pull the trigger on a prospect like Sandin.

Has he improved since being loaned out to the greyhounds?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->