LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Soo will still be good, doubt they’ll be as dominant as they were.

But I’d wager Sandin will be back with them.
Personally I hope he remains with the Greyhounds and I see it as a similar situation with Liljegren. He got to play this past season with the Marlies which I'm sure the Leafs wanted to see, so I'm sure they want to see Sandin remain in the OHL.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The Soo will still be good, doubt they’ll be as dominant as they were.

But I’d wager Sandin will be back with them.
EP says that he's heading back to Sweden to play with Rogle as he was on loan to the Greyhounds this season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
EP says that he's heading back to Sweden to play with Rogle as he was on loan to the Greyhounds this season.
Leafs can buy him out (as you can with any first from Sweden) and then loan him to SSM. Rogle gets the development money from it, and it doesn't really hurt them if they expected him to be gone.

Reactions: Tarmore

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
He'll probably get way overhyped now but he's definitely a solid prospect.

Sadly you are right lol oh Toronto

But I agree, he seems pretty solid, I like the numbers and eye test, solid picks help build foundations.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sadly you are right lol oh Toronto

But I agree, he seems pretty solid, I like the numbers and eye test, solid picks help build foundations.
I think he was a very good selection and let's be honest about this. No matter who the Leafs selected in the 1st round, eventually a fan from another team will accuse Leafs fans of over hyping Sandin.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All fanbases do it lol they just think it's a Leaf thing

However, our media can be annoying lol
Kind of like when Brian Burke made that joke that Dubas won't hear it from the fans or the media about what he did.

Truthfully I actually laughed when he said that and he was speaking from experience.

Reactions: DanM

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
Not familiar with his game at all but the Swedes seem to produce a disproportionate number of Good defencemen.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Wow can't believe we got two franchise defencemen in consecutive drafts!!

(hahaha)

Looks like a good pic, welcome to Toronto Sund....errr Sandin!

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Only bad part about this pick is that they won’t let him and Liljegren split the Norris trophy. They will probably agree to alternate years

DraftGuru

Mar 6, 2018
Anybody know why Rasmus Sandin was dropped by Sweden at the Summer Showcase for Filip Johannson and most likely wont be considered for the U20s in December?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Hopefully, this keeps him in a good spot with the staff, as they said Monten agreed with it. He seems focused on going back to Rogle. Personally, I was hoping he'd take the reigns and be the #1 guy on SSM this year. Although I do think Rogle is a significantly better option than trying to rush him into the AHL, I personally think he isn't quite ready for the physicality of the AHL, he tended to get hit hard too often last year on small-ice.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
If it's of any interest...I made a shorter video on Rasmus Sandin...there's a lot less theatrics on my part as compared to the Bouchard video because a) Sandin really doesn't make a lot of mistakes and b) I tried to cut down my production time from 7-10 days down to about 5 or 6 hours...

Based on how Sandin plays compared to Bouchard, you could say, together, they're a veritable Do's and Don'ts video pair...

Madic

May 21, 2008
If it's of any interest...I made a shorter video on Rasmus Sandin...there's a lot less theatrics on my part as compared to the Bouchard video because a) Sandin really doesn't make a lot of mistakes and b) I tried to cut down my production time from 7-10 days down to about 5 or 6 hours...

Based on how Sandin plays compared to Bouchard, you could say, together, they're a veritable Do's and Don'ts video pair...

Thanks man. I haven't watched it yet but I enjoyed the Bouchard one, it was honest and grounded and fun. Cheers.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

First 3 mins of the video, and all I really see is him getting beat. Forwards seem to just brush past him.

Note: not hating on him, I really liked this pick and have been hyping him for months pre-draft. But he does have a lot to improve on in letting players breeze by him. Reminds me of phaneuf in that aspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad