LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
despite all the pro and anti Leafs hyperbole, I don't see him getting a ton of attention unless he does something that really shifts the outlook on him. Looks like a guy with a really good chance to be an NHL'er, with a really low chance to be a top pairing defenseman. Even the Dermott hype was quiet until he debuted in the NHL and dominated bottom pairing competition with great production per 60, so I think the same would be true here

not the pick I was pulling for as a Leaf fan, but seems like Dubas is staying true to analytics-based decisions which I think will be beneficial for the franchise

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
45pts in 51games without top pp time is not bad. the team was pretty stacked, so we'll see. seems like a good pick so late in the draft imo.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dermott's skating improved a lot after joining the leafs. He went from mediocre to very good in terms of agility.
It really did. Hopefully Sandin can do the same because the rest of his game seems just fine. Dubas wasn't trying to hit a homerun here IMO. Sandin seems like he's projectable. Whether he's a potential top 4 D is another question. I just want an NHLer from a late first in all honesty.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
For those more familiar with Swedish prospects, what is the likelihood we see Rasmus in the WJC this coming winter? Would love to see him play with the best at his age.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
For those more familiar with Swedish prospects, what is the likelihood we see Rasmus in the WJC this coming winter? Would love to see him play with the best at his age.

He was the captain of the gold medal U-17 team so I imagine Sweden is pretty high on him.

He couldn't do the U-18 because SSM was still playing.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Strange, in Dubas' interview he mentioned Rasmus getting top pp minutes with Soo in september
it was the same thing with lily last year during his interview he said he would probably stay in Sweden for another year or 2 then bam the ahl.

what im looking forward too is his crisp passes and zone exits . he seems to have a real nack for finding the players sticks

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
OHL, he'll be playing top pp mins for the Soo

Paul Hendrick‏ @HennyTweets
Rasmus Sandin addressed Toronto media comfortably and professionally. He’ll attend development camp in Toronto next week and is expected to play in the SHL for Rogle BK next season where he is under contract. #tmltalk

Strange, in Dubas' interview he mentioned Rasmus getting top pp minutes with Soo in september

He was under contract with Rogle last season to, but Rogle loaned him to the Soo. So he's technically under contract with Rogle, and will begin on their roster, but I'm sure if the Leafs and Sandin decide the OHL is best, Rogle will loan him out again.

Dubas said today there's a comfort with his junior team, but that's obviously a decision come September.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
He was under contract with Rogle last season to, but Rogle loaned him to the Soo. So he's technically under contract with Rogle, and will begin on their roster, but I'm sure if the Leafs and Sandin decide the OHL is best, Rogle will loan him out again.

Dubas said today there's a comfort with his junior team, but that's obviously a decision come September.
Are the Greyhounds expected to be top team once again next season in the OHL? If so wouldn't it be a better choice for him to stay with them and not going back to play with Rogle?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Are the Greyhounds expected to be top team once again next season in the OHL? If so wouldn't it be a better choice for him to stay with them and not going back to play with Rogle?

The Soo will still be good, doubt they’ll be as dominant as they were.

But I’d wager Sandin will be back with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->