LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is this supposed to be directed at me? I was the one chirping him for putting Sandin down.

Negative.

In response to you. Not directed at you. More referring to the poster who tried to dismiss Sandin’s season due to games played when mostly ever other player on that list played less than Sandin.

Reactions: StonedAF and Bevans

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
lol.

Just hilarious. Will reach for anything to try and dismiss Sandin’s Season.

If he was drafted for any other team, this thread would be filled with people claiming him to be the next big thing along with Brannstrom.
or we know exactly what that poster was implying by posting a list that has Karlsson OEL and Carlson on it

Sandin aint that so lets just make that clear. Never did I dismiss his season so try again

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
or we know exactly what that poster was implying by posting a list that has Karlsson OEL and Carlson on it

Sandin aint that so lets just make that clear. Never did I dismiss his season so try again

Give me one reason why Rasmus Sandin can't develop into a similar calibre as OEL or Carlson.

Sandin is developing at a similar pace to all of them. He was drafted around the same spot as Carlson in the draft. Similar AHL production.

He posted a list that has Karlsson, OEL and Carlson on it BECAUSE SANDIN IS ON THE SAME LIST lmao

You tried to discredit him based on games played, when he's played more games at that pace then most of that list.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Isn’t this another pick that TWS was sure was a bust?

He is like our mascot. Every prospect and player he determines to be a bust turns out to be a monster

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Give me one reason why Rasmus Sandin can't develop into a similar calibre as OEL or Carlson.

Sandin is developing at a similar pace to all of them. He was drafted around the same spot as Carlson in the draft. Similar AHL production.

He posted a list that has Karlsson, OEL and Carlson on it BECAUSE SANDIN IS ON THE SAME LIST lmao

You tried to discredit him based on games played, when he's played more games at that pace then most of that list.
Because its very obvious when one watches Sandin he is no Karlsson or Carlson type of defenseman. OEL is a somewhat similarly styled player so it wouldnt shock me too much.

Think all you want that I have some unknown hatred or bias or reason to bring down Sandin. I was doing exactly what I do with every prospect who peoduces very well in the A or any other league outside the NHL and then is compared to superstar NHLers who produces similarly - youre trying far too hard to draw comparisons. Kenny f***ing Agostino has shredded the AHL for years wheres he in the NHL? Reid Boucher in NJ broke Stamkos goal scoring records as a prospect, has he even scored 10 in the NHL? Ty Smith just got near Doughtys records in the W but you dont see me going around pretending he can become that. Even if that slight chance exists Im not hanging my hat on it

Sandin can have perfectly good development and not be compared to Karlsson or Carlson

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Because its very obvious when one watches Sandin he is no Karlsson or Carlson type of defenseman. OEL is a somewhat similarly styled player so it wouldnt shock me too much.

Think all you want that I have some unknown hatred or bias or reason to bring down Sandin. I was doing exactly what I do with every prospect who peoduces very well in the A or any other league outside the NHL and then is compared to superstar NHLers who produces similarly - youre trying far too hard to draw comparisons. Kenny ****ing Agostino has shredded the AHL for years wheres he in the NHL? Reid Boucher in NJ broke Stamkos goal scoring records as a prospect, has he even scored 10 in the NHL? Ty Smith just got near Doughtys records in the W but you dont see me going around pretending he can become that. Even if that slight chance exists Im not hanging my hat on it

Sandin can have perfectly good development and not be compared to Karlsson or Carlson

So your whole argument to dismiss him is that it should be "very obvious". OK guess we'll take your word for it

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Think all you want that I have some unknown hatred or bias or reason to bring down Sandin. I was doing exactly what I do with every prospect who peoduces very well in the A or any other league outside the NHL and then is compared to superstar NHLers who produces similarly - youre trying far too hard to draw comparisons. Kenny ****ing Agostino has shredded the AHL for years wheres he in the NHL? Reid Boucher in NJ broke Stamkos goal scoring records as a prospect, has he even scored 10 in the NHL? Ty Smith just got near Doughtys records in the W but you dont see me going around pretending he can become that. Even if that slight chance exists Im not hanging my hat on it

This is a hilarious post.

Here's a post that lists Ty Smith's production to other top WHL scoring d-men, you might want to go complain about this as well: LD Ty Smith - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2018, 17th, NJD)

The idea that you can't show Sandin's production versus other teenage top producers because the others are really good is f***ing illogical.

I'm not sure what "they have different styles" has to do with anything. It's a list of production. No one has said Sandin has the same style as Karlsson, or OEL, or Carlson. Heck, Karlsson and Carlson are 1 & 2 for a reason on that list. Not one person is comparing him to them.

You're throwing a fit for no reason. Sandin is the fourth top producing U20 d-man in AHL history. He's the only one doing it in his U19 season. OEL just happens to have produced similarly. Karlsson and Carlson just happen to be the top two. Ristolainen, Faulk, Brannstrom, Orlov happen to be below him. There's no angling. It's just fact.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
This is a hilarious post.

Here's a post that lists Ty Smith's production to other top WHL scoring d-men, you might want to go complain about this as well: LD Ty Smith - Spokane Chiefs, WHL (2018, 17th, NJD)

The idea that you can't show Sandin's production versus other teenage top producers because the others are really good is ****ing illogical.

I'm not sure what "they have different styles" has to do with anything. It's a list of production. No one has said Sandin has the same style as Karlsson, or OEL, or Carlson. Heck, Karlsson and Carlson are 1 & 2 for a reason on that list. Not one person is comparing him to them.

You're throwing a fit for no reason. Sandin is the fourth top producing U20 d-man in AHL history. He's the only one doing it in his U19 season. OEL just happens to have produced similarly. Karlsson and Carlson just happen to be the top two. Ristolainen, Faulk, Brannstrom, Orlov happen to be below him. There's no angling. It's just fact.
Right, and so that means you assume Sandin is the best U19 Dman to ever play in the AHL?

We fully agree to disagree and every Leafs fan who saw that tweet instantly thought Sandin can be as good as the top of that list, Youre kidding yourzelf if you think otherwise

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Right, and so that means you assume Sandin is the best U19 Dman to ever play in the AHL?

We fully agree to disagree and every Leafs fan who saw that tweet instantly thought Sandin can be as good as the top of that list, Youre kidding yourzelf if you think otherwise

The bolded is complete speculative bullshit nonsense.

From a production stand point, yes, Sandin is the best U19 d-man to play in the AHL, because he has the highest PPG. That's production only, and doesn't take into account numerous other factors, such as the low amount of d-men to play in the AHL U19, or defensive abilities etc

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The bolded is complete speculative bull**** nonsense.

From a production stand point, yes, Sandin is the best U19 d-man to play in the AHL, because he has the highest PPG. That's production only, and doesn't take into account numerous other factors, such as the low amount of d-men to play in the AHL U19, or defensive abilities etc
Ill be right here being extremely happy for Sandin and thinking he can be in Torontos top-4 for years to come

But I 100% believe and know how fans, who arent as informed on how prospects work as others, are going to see that list and go ‘holy f*** weve got a Carlson coming up soon were going to be so good’.

Just because YOU know otherwise doesnt mean those less informed do. But lets end this here as ita derailing the thread at this point with where weve branched off to

Happy for Sandin to be doing really well, can never hate a man with the name Rasmus.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

It means literally nothing

Keep thinking Sandin is the next Karlsson/Carlson

I hate being the "fallacy guy" but you should really look up the meaning of both the strawman and false binary arguments.

You see, somewhere in between "It means he's the next Karlsson/Carlson" and "It means literally nothing"
is the reality of "It means that he's a very talented hockey player with high upside and likelihood of being a good to great NHL defenseman.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I hate being the "fallacy guy" but you should really look up the meaning of both the strawman and false binary arguments.

You see, somewhere in between "It means he's the next Karlsson/Carlson" and "It means literally nothing"
is the reality of "It means that he's a very talented hockey player with high upside and likelihood of being a good to great NHL defenseman.
read my post above yours. Fits right in there. got a bit amped up and started not wording properly

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Great well while you guys argue over that Ill stick to this:

Sandin will be a great defenseman for Toronto, just not Carlson or Karlsson. They have that already in Rielly anyway

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Kenny ****ing Agostino has shredded the AHL for years wheres he in the NHL? Reid Boucher in NJ broke Stamkos goal scoring records as a prospect, has he even scored 10 in the NHL?

Agostino has had one point per game AHL season and it was at age 24 (57 in 65 at 23, 43 in 67 at 22). None of those numbers suggested that he would be a good NHL plaer.

Boucher beat that record after he was drafted.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

I get your argument if we're talking about Sandin and Karlsson in the same sentence. But Sandin and Carlson being mentioned together doesn't really warrant this response.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad