LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Another assist yesterday. Eight game point streak
And that 8 game point streak is the new franchise record for consecutive games registering a point by a defensemen.

Sandin has 12 points in his last 8 games, and 24 total on the season, which officially breaks Voynov's record for the most points by a U19 rookie defensemen in the AHL.

Reactions: Joel Ward

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If he was a RHD, he'd be hyped more.

That aside, he's been the best Marlie prospect wise since Nylander 3 years ago.

Reactions: teddygmr

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Impressed hell out of me at WJC’s. While Brannstrom was flashier i think Sandin was a guy who made less mistakes, his overall game was just really smooth and steady in all 3 zones.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Impressed hell out of me at WJC’s. While Brannstrom was flashier i think Sandin was a guy who made less mistakes, his overall game was just really smooth and steady in all 3 zones.
Speaking of Brannstrom:

Erik Brannstrom: 0.653ppg
Rasmus Sandin: 0.648ppg

Basically neck and neck. Important to remember that Brannstrom is 1 year older too. When he and Sandin went head to head last week, Sandin outperformed him in all areas. There's very little doubt in my mind that Sandin is a blue-chip prospect at this point.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Speaking of Brannstrom:

Basically neck and neck. Important to remember that Brannstrom is 1 year older too. When he and Sandin went head to head last week, Sandin outperformed him in all areas. There's very little doubt in my mind that Sandin is a blue-chip prospect at this point.

Yeah, i remember everyone raving about Brannstrom but i came more impressed by Sandin. Both are incredible young talents.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Speaking of Brannstrom:

Assuming this is a very small sample size since junior players aren’t even eligible to play in ahl at this age.

Definitely exciting though. Was worried when we traded down.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Please don’t start a Brannstrom vs Sandin fight. Both of them are fantastic.

Sandin’s style of play caught my attention a lot last year as someone I knew I would like on the leafs. I wasn’t sold that his offense would translate to the pro level. I was wrong. He is so ****ing good on both ends. So skilled and so well rounded. Our left side is safe with Rielly, Sandin, and Dermott

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Another highly regarded Rookie, Jake Bean is 0.61 PPG and is a '98 born player. Sandin is in good company.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
How's his defensive game? I haven't watched a lot of marlies.
I'd say it's very good, especially for his age. I have seen him get beat a few times, but for the most part he's good at using his skating and stick to defend zone entries, and he's not afraid of physical play. For his size, he seems to be really good at winning board battles. he's also really good at evading a forecheck and moving the puck up ice to minimize how much time he spends in his zone. I'd also say his positioning is very good

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I'd say it's very good, especially for his age. I have seen him get beat a few times, but for the most part he's good at using his skating and stick to defend zone entries, and he's not afraid of physical play. For his size, he seems to be really good at winning board battles. he's also really good at evading a forecheck and moving the puck up ice to minimize how much time he spends in his zone. I'd also say his positioning is very good

Just all around a very smart player in all zones.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Speaking of Brannstrom:

I dont know about you, but in most parts of the world, a year is longer than 7 months.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
15 points in his last 13 games. If he was a RD he'd be getting all the hype right now in Toronto. But likely he is the replacement for Muzzin down the line. He has a damn good chance of becoming a #1 D though given the names he is on the list with. Could be exciting having him and Rielly on the left side and Liljegren and Dermott along with them. Hell of a mobile, skilled top 4.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
15 points in his last 13 games. If he was a RD he'd be getting all the hype right now in Toronto. But likely he is the replacement for Muzzin down the line. He has a damn good chance of becoming a #1 D though given the names he is on the list with. Could be exciting having him and Rielly on the left side and Liljegren and Dermott along with them. Hell of a mobile, skilled top 4.

Ya there is potential for a very solid 4 dmen.

Also throw in the slightly older Calle Rosen in the mix too... He has been tearing it in the AHL this year and his 1 way deal kicks in next season!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Speaking of Brannstrom:

Not a knock on him as he has been amazing this season for sure, but important to note that those 5 listed in the tweet are essentially the ONLY 5 to ever play in the AHL as18yo in history... so it's a very, very small sample.

ThaTruth

Mar 30, 2019
Not a knock on him as he has been amazing this season for sure, but important to note that those 5 listed in the tweet are essentially the ONLY 5 to ever play in the AHL as18yo in history... so it's a very, very small sample.
I think the gap he has on all those guys is more impressive than anything, it's a small sample sure but he's blown everyone else's numbers out of the water. And there's a 1D, 2D and two potential top 4 D on that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad