LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Sandin is a gamer. Hope to see him in the NHL next season, and I think he'll fit right in with this new wave of puck moving defensemen.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Easily? LHD behind Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen and possibly Hainsey. He gets another year in the A imho
Hainsey plays the right side and I doubt he's resigned, but yes, it's tight. One of Rielly, Rosen or Dermott will play the right side next year, I'd imagine.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Easily? LHD behind Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott, Rosen and possibly Hainsey. He gets another year in the A imho
Hainsey shouldn't be back, Rielly can play the right side with Muzzin and that pairing should get 23-25 minutes a game easily. Dermott is more than capable for a top 4 role next year replacing Gardiner.
Sandin can play RHD I believe as well. The Leafs need their best players on the big team and Sandin has top pairing potential IMO, look at Tampa with MG and Cernak. Those are cheap ELC's that they're getting amazing value from.

Like I said

Muzzin-Rielly (Has the potential to be one of the best top pairings in the NHL, think prime Seabrook, Keith days)
Dermott-Zaitsev
Rosen-Sandin

Muzzin and Rielly are the two on the pp
Muzzin, Zaitsev, Rielly, Rosen/Dermott can all pk.

Last edited:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
3 pts so far tonight, now 7 pts in 3 games 2 periods.

Edit: 2 assists, they took one of the assists away and credited it to Mueller who apparently tipped the puck on the play.

Last edited:

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The production from a kid his age is unheard of. His underlying numbers are incredible tonight as well, in addition to his 3 points:

Reactions: Saint Blue

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
His playoffs have been unbelievable. He's become so confident as the year has progressed to the point where his line mates are just constantly trying to find him. Commands the ice out there and is a shot machine in the O-zone; fires everything on net. So far he's been paired with Hollowell 5 on 5, but he's an elite PP QB at the AHL level.

When he and Liljegren happen to be on the ice together its complete dominance.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Who do TO fans think will become better Liljegren or Sandin? Who has the higher ceiling?
Sandin has passed Liljegren by at this point. Not so much to do with Liljegren as it is Sandin just coming in and totally blowing away any and all expectations anyone possibly could have set for him. I see Liljegren ending up as a solid top guy that is great in transition where as Sandin to me is showing top pairing potential right now.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Who do TO fans think will become better Liljegren or Sandin? Who has the higher ceiling?

I would have to go with Sandin, I see him becoming a true top pairing guy, just a fantastic overall game.

Lily is still playing very well, and I am impressed, and I watch him a lot. I think he will still be a top pairing (top 4) guy, solid, and his transition game will be great.... and is a RHD.

Having both is a great thing, and Hollowell is also one I see as being damn solid.

Good drafting

Reactions: Sundinisagod

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
His playoffs have been unbelievable. He's become so confident as the year has progressed to the point where his line mates are just constantly trying to find him. Commands the ice out there and is a shot machine in the O-zone; fires everything on net. So far he's been paired with Hollowell 5 on 5, but he's an elite PP QB at the AHL level.

When he and Liljegren happen to be on the ice together its complete dominance.

Fully agreed

Him and Lily are fantastic together.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wanted him so bad at 28 but the Rangers grabbed Nils Lundkvist instead. Both seem to be having really good D1 years.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I'd like to see one more year in the AHL, Toronto has Rosen going up next year and he is better than Sandin right now
Gonna run Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott down the left side next year. Rosen the extra.
Barring the unforeseen, he will be a Marlies for the year.

Unless he becomes the next Karlsson and forces their hand.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Gonna run Rielly, Muzzin, Dermott down the left side next year. Rosen the extra.
Barring the unforeseen, he will be a Marlies for the year.

Unless he becomes the next Karlsson and forces their hand.

I see it more like this,

Muzzin - Zaitsev
Dermott - Rielly
Rosen - ??? (Liljegren has a chance, Sandin has a lesser chance, or maybe Toronto goes out and gets a RHD)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad