LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If he aint got a dubble hattrick before the season ends he is a bust. Zero points last game.. that is bad.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Holy **** 6 goals already?!? and 29 points...never in my wildest dreams could of pictured him scoring this many goals
and points for that matter in his rookie season,..all together, good for him. - good job -

Though...most of his assists are secondary, so there's that and the fact that he is getting loads of ice time too.

I think people should hold their horses with Dahlin, one Cam Fowler was going to be the next Scott Niedermayer for the Ducks
after his franchise braking rookie season,...but...that, didn't happen, his rookie season (points wisely) is still his best season in his career.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Holy **** 6 goals already?!? and 29 points...never in my wildest dreams could of pictured him scoring this many goals
and points for that matter in his rookie season,..all together, good for him. - good job -

Though...most of his assists are secondary, so there's that and the fact that he is getting loads of ice time too.

I think people should hold their horses with Dahlin, one Cam Fowler was going to be the next Scott Niedermayer for the Ducks
after his franchise braking rookie season,...but...that, didn't happen, his rookie season (points wisely) is still his best season in his career.
Since when is that a bad thing for an 18 year old defencemen?....Thats something you'd expect from a great defencemen as well.

I can see from your post that youre a "stats-watcher". If you think that makes your knowledge of evaluating prospects such as Dahlin 'good', then good for ya :)

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
If he doesn't end up at least 1.5 PPG by the end of the season, it's time to realize he's a bust. When you're not Finnish, you get a -1.25 to your PPG.
Dont forget that age dosnt even matter. 1 year, 2 years etc have no impact on your development when youre that young.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017

plz-stop-post.jpg

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

You literally just have to watch him play one game and you can see guys like Cam Fowler never had the skills that Dahlin does. Dahlin is no different then Mathews, McDavid or Eichel except he’s a defenceman.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
...his skating is good but not great? I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious.

He’s lateral movement and edges are fantastic, his explosiveness and speed are not at the elite level of a Heiskanen for example.

A defender doesn’t really need to be a burner though, some of the best D to ever play couldn’t skate a million miles an hour.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You literally just have to watch him play one game and you can see guys like Cam Fowler never had the skills that Dahlin does. Dahlin is no different then Mathews, McDavid or Eichel except he’s a defenceman.

Pretty much this.

He is the most exciting Dman prospect since Denis Potvin IMO.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Erik Karlsson had 5 goals, 21 assists and 26 points in 60 GP as a rookie. Dahlin already has 6/23/29 in 52.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
So calm, so smooth, so crafty. So much fun to watch.

If Dahlin was a PP1 fixture this season, he'd finish with something like 10 goals / 42 assists / 52 points - which would be amazing for an 18 year old rookie - and would even put him in serious contention with Pettersson for the Calder. Blame Housley for that boneheaded decision.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Why are many people obsessed with points? He is a Defensman. Points are good, but lets focus to his defensive play. Its hard to measure, that is true, but i think we have here some true experts.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Why are many people obsessed with points? He is a Defensman. Points are good, but lets focus to his defensive play. Its hard to measure, that is true, but i think we have here some true experts.
You win games by scoring more goals than the other team. Any points he gets are just as good as preventing goals. That's the role of modern dmen.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden

It's pretty simple, the further you go up the ice, the harder your job becomes, so in simplified terms offense is more valuable than defense. Saying "he's a defenseman" is more semantics than an argument about what his focus should be; in Swedish he's a "back".

Reactions: Andrei79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad