LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I really would hold my horses before saying Dahling is outshining Heiskanen. :thumbu: Unless we are talking about the media hype in general and not how the players look when going face to face.

I get it that most posters will immediately call me biased for saying this but I don't think Dahlin does anything better than Heiskanen other than play with better support cast. And it's the only reason why Dahlin is leading Heiskanen in points.

Soooo Eichel and Reinhart > Seguin and Benn? Cool!

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Both have been a lot better than Seguin and Benn have this season. Or is that incomprehensible to you?

This is your reaction to someone asking a question regarding a team they know little about? Does my avatar look like I watch a lot of Dallas games? Sorry next time I will pretend I know f***ing everything like everyone else on this board instead of asking.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Despite all the recent historical season talk, Dahlin has never been close to winning the Calder either.

While Dahlin's point totals are great, they also kind of exaggerate how great he has really been offensively.

You don't really have to do anything other than watch all his points from this season and get a feeling that not many of those points have come from Dahlin doing something great but rather him just being in the right place at the right time to get an assist. I mean, it's not Dahlin's fault he has been a bit lucky with his 17 secondary assists. Every great player needs good supporting cast which Dahlin definately has in Buffalo.

Here we go again with this never-ending cycle of you forcing self-created memes from 2010 that were never funny to people in the first place. o_O
The bolded sounds like a consistent player with a high hockey iq

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I did enjoy Dahlin desperately swinging his stick while on the ground even after it was obvious Kappy was gone.

So close!

lAoovaF___Imgur.gif

Reactions: Sansbacon

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I don’t know guys, I think maybe Dahlin is pretty good, despite what all of these obviously unbiased Fins have to say.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Why would you compare him to forwards? Compare him to Dmen and you'll get a more favorable comparison.

Dahlin's a great player, but watching him I've notice that he gets a lot of freebies which means that watching stats isn't the best way to evaluate him. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored less next year.
Bias towards finns super obvious go to a different prospect thread you sad beta.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
If a player puts up point totals like Pettersson.

What point totals would Dahlin have to put up to beat him Calder voting?
60+ points I'm guessing?
It favors the forward so much.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
If a player puts up point totals like Pettersson.

What point totals would Dahlin have to put up to beat him Calder voting?
60+ points I'm guessing?
It favors the forward so much.
I think when there's a rookie like Pettersson in the mix, Calder is impossible for a Dman to win. Luckily it's not worth anything.

Well, maybe if a rookie defenseman scored 20 goals or something...

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I agree
20 Goals & 30-40 assists even with a pettersson would probably win it IMO

Going to be interesting to see if voters are going to consider the younger 18 year old playing defense with his historical numbers vs. a 20 year old center having a spectacular season. No way should points be the total factor. Apparently Dahlin's fancy stats are pretty crazy as well. Not mentioning any other names in the Dahlin thread.

Reactions: Willgamesh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad