LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Pacing for 45 points, that’s impressive for an 18 year old defenceman.

Or as one of the Canucks commentator said the other day during the Edmonton-game; "Dahlin is playing well even if he isn't producing that many points" (or something like that) :laugh:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Does Housley still use him on the Top PP?

Strong side he is on the halfwall opposite of Eichel.

Weak side he is up and down, usually a one timer if he drifts down by Reinhart cross ice pass.

If he stays high, they are usually looking to bring it back to Eichel for a one timer.

Risto at the top.

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018
Or as one of the Canucks commentator said the other day during the Edmonton-game; "Dahlin is playing well even if he isn't producing that many points" (or something like that) :laugh:

that was so funny, i was like “yea, sure. have you done your homework at all?”

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I think I was one of the first people to suggest that Pettersson should go 1OA and I think I also started the Datsyuk comparisons, so no one could confuse me with someone who dislikes Pettersson, but I think you have to give the Calder to Dahlin if this continues.

What he's doing has only two precedents. The only 18 year old defensemen with a higher PPG average were his coach Phil Housley and Bobby Orr. He's also on pace to score more points this season than Orr, considering Orr only played 61 games, scoring 41 points. What Pettersson is doing is great, and he's going to be one of the best forwards in the NHL during his career. What Dahlin is doing is nearly unprecedented in hockey history. If his defensive game comes along, he could challenge for the Norris in his second season.

Yes....if Dahlin keeps this up it makes things very interesting. Doubt he will win it due to defenceman bias but you never know. Kid is a beast, and happy that the 70's expansion cousins just landed two stars.

Very stoked to watch Dahlin tonight.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Dahlin with 2 more assists tonight giving him 28 points on the season and a 47 point pace. Plus 4 on the night.
18 years old. Still. :nod:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Those guys turned out okish.

Still has the rest of the season before his 19th birthday

Reactions: Aerrol

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Pacing for 45 points, that’s impressive for an 18 year old defenceman.
Impressive? It's more than that, I don't think people understand how impactful he's been and how rare it is.

What he's doing at 18 is beyond impressive. He's having the best 18 year old season for a defensman since Bobby Orr from what I can surmise.

NHL.com - Stats

Wish I could sort by age, because very few of the guys on that list were actually 18.

Wish I read the whole thread before posting this, poster Pavel Buchnevich already mentioned most of this.

Reactions: Aerrol

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Impressive? It's more than that, I don't think people understand how impactful he's been and how rare it is.

What he's doing at 18 is beyond impressive. He's having the best 18 year old season for a defensman since Bobby Orr from what I can surmise.

NHL.com - Stats

Wish I could sort by age, because very few of the guys on that list were actually 18.

Wish I read the whole thread before posting this, poster Pavel Buchnevich already mentioned most of this.

Yep like I said impressive

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He's going to so ridiculously good when his skating gets better.

His skating is good. You know what would make him wayyy better? A good and powerful shot. He'd be quite the goal scorer with all the chances he gets if he could capitalize

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He started ripping them much harder and better while he was playing opposite Eichel on the top PP. it was a real step forward in the area he was working on.

So of course Phil moved him off the top PP.

I hate him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he is starting to hit the mark more. Much more effective then his 1st 2 months. He is breaking out into the star he was drafted too.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
His skating is good. You know what would make him wayyy better? A good and powerful shot. He'd be quite the goal scorer with all the chances he gets if he could capitalize
His skating is good but not great. He can definitely make it great though.

And yea a harder shot would definitely help as well.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Phil Housley did.

But yeah, he's really picked it up. He's generating a lot more proper chances than he did early in the season, too. Hopefully he gets a bit better finish down the line. Could be a 30 goal D with all these chances, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad