LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Pretty good debate and a legitimate one for either side. I’ve been tracking nightly rookie progress of every rookie since opening night, using a weighted point system from a combination of primary points vs secondary, ES vs PP, Clutch points (game-tying or go-ahead), 5v5 shot attempts, and all Scoring and HD scoring chances, plus zone starts.

I haven’t updated it in a week, but pound for pound, I’d say they are practically even. Only difference is Heiskanen’s points at 5v5 get a bonus for his heavy dzone starts.

Again, it’s only my system and I don’t factor in rates like QoT or QoC, so take it for what you want. xGF is kind of factored with all the scoring chances. For the record, I ranked Dahlin 3rd and Heiskanen 7th in my preseason prospect rankings for Sporting News, and Dahlin was my Rookie of the Month for November.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Pretty good debate and a legitimate one for either side. I’ve been tracking nightly rookie progress of every rookie since opening night, using a weighted point system from a combination of primary points vs secondary, ES vs PP, Clutch points (game-tying or go-ahead), 5v5 shot attempts, and all Scoring and HD scoring chances, plus zone starts.

I haven’t updated it in a week, but pound for pound, I’d say they are practically even. Only difference is Heiskanen’s points at 5v5 get a bonus for his heavy dzone starts.

Again, it’s only my system and I don’t factor in rates like QoT or QoC, so take it for what you want. xGF is kind of factored with all the scoring chances. For the record, I ranked Dahlin 3rd and Heiskanen 7th in my preseason prospect rankings for Sporting News, and Dahlin was my Rookie of the Month for November.
you also said svechnikov should have went 1st overall last year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

...What?

Dahlin's d-zone deployment ES: 51.8%
Heiskanen's d-zone deployment ES: 49.5%

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
...What?

Dahlin's d-zone deployment ES: 51.8%
Heiskanen's d-zone deployment ES: 49.5%

You get bonus points for games in which you record a point between 60% or less ozone starts total. One for 51-60, two for 41-50, three for 40 or less. Off of memory, I recall multiple games where Heiskanen recorded a point despite ozone starts less than 40% of the time. Most of Dahlin’s November points came in game where he was 60% or higher. No bonus is given when points aren’t scored, and Dahlin had games between 40-60 where he went pointless.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You get bonus points for games in which you record a point between 60% or less ozone starts total. One for 51-60, two for 41-50, three for 40 or less. Off of memory, I recall multiple games where Heiskanen recorded a point despite ozone starts less than 40% of the time. Most of Dahlin’s November points came in game where he was 60% or higher. No bonus is given when points aren’t scored, and Dahlin had games between 40-60 where he went pointless.
Sounds like a good thing for fantasy hockey leagues, but I don't think there's much merit there for determining players' level of play.

And truthfully idk if zone deployment is that good of a metric either.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

You are trying too hard

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
45 point pace. Which would be a good rookie season for anyone. And a great season for anyone 18 years old the whole season. Also he’s a defenseman.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I'll say this Sabres fans, your teams future is a helluva lot brighter than Dallas. Being in the same division as us, we beat them all the time, there's not a lot there and certainly nothing that says they will make any kind of an impact anytime soon.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'll say this Sabres fans, your teams future is a helluva lot brighter than Dallas. Being in the same division as us, we beat them all the time, there's not a lot there and certainly nothing that says they will make any kind of an impact anytime soon.

All it takes is a few bottom of the league finishes and high draft picks and then we're right past where they are. Stars D-core is set long term and is young, goaltending duo is good enough, and they just need maybe 2 prospects to hit and become top 6 players. Then we're good :)

And our stupid GM to stop signing old guys

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
45 point pace. Which would be a good rookie season for anyone. And a great season for anyone 18 years old the whole season. Also he’s a defenseman.
With how slow he started I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 50-60 points.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
First Quarter to adjust and play safe! Now he will unleash his offensive skillset more and more, he will be a Beast in the leuage, maybe already next season!

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
First Quarter to adjust and play safe! Now he will unleash his offensive skillset more and more, he will be a Beast in the leuage, maybe already next season!

I think that he might be considered a beast before the year is done.

He is currently sitting just outside of top 20 for Dmen scoring this year.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Funny you say that. I've seen you saying silly stuff in the Heiskanen thread aswell.

Both are great players, just shut it kiddos and we can live in peace
i only started doing as of friday, i do it everytime i see heiskanen mention here because it's been going on for months now and mods here are Pejorative Slured and allow this shit to happen, not even in a subjective thread like "who are the best young dman in the league" it's in this thread a thread about dahlin DAHLIN not anyone else.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
i only started doing as of friday, i do it everytime i see heiskanen mention here because it's been going on for months now and mods here are ******ed and allow this **** to happen, not even in a subjective thread like "who are the best young dman in the league" it's in this thread a thread about dahlin DAHLIN not anyone else.

Well. You are not any better. You got no reason to whine lol

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
His d-zone play hasn't been great the last few games. Some sloppy passes, chasing the play a bit, weak on the puck sometimes.

I might be nit-picking here, but let's not pretend he's perfect. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->