LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It took a minute for Bouwmeester to get to the reliable part, and I think it will take the same for Broberg. It's not a bad career for a guy at all, though.

Not at all Bouwmeester was a good player in his peak and excellent defensively. He was also part of the best defensive team ever at an Olympic Games when Team Canada won Gold in 2014 allowing 3 goals against in 6 games.

His effortless and beautiful skating reminds me so much of a young Bouwmeester. It’s actually striking to watch the similarities and their stride. It’s the effortless nature that they skate that causes the resemblance.

Some guys look like they’re pumping their legs so hard and flailing everywhere with their head down when they reach high speeds. Not Broberg, like Bouwmeester makes it look so technically smooth and graceful covering distances.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If Broberg becomes Jay Bouwmeester 2.0 that is a huge win for the Oilers. JayBo was a legitimate top pairing defenseman for a long time in the NHL. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The draft is such a crap shoot. I remember when Hampus Lindholm was seen as a big reach at 6 and also a project pick. Then in his draft +1 year he was in the AHL and Draft +2/3 was a middle pairing/top pairing D.

Not saying Broberg will do this, but when you draft 18 year olds from mens leagues, sometimes the development path gets whacky.

Nice to see him looking this good against NHLers in a brief try out though

Reactions: bert and B33K33PING

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Apparently this guy had a whopping 1% xGF.

Just an atrocious performance last night.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

2%. Played half the game against Tkachuk's line, which, along with the time against the top line, was what killed his xGF%.

Should also be noted that Neal - Khaira - Chiasson had a 0% xGF in over 7 minutes played together. Oilers might wanna break them up...

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Did you watch the game? He seemed nervous int he 1st, but had a decent game after that. He also made a last-second dive that saved a goal.

2%. Played half the game against Tkachuk's line, which, along with the time against the top line, was what killed his xGF%.

Should also be noted that Neal - Khaira - Chiasson had a 0% xGF in over 7 minutes played together. Oilers might wanna break them up...

It's an exhibition game...

And that line was amazing to finish off the regular season, and had a great camp as well.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Where can you find xGF stats for a single game? I'll have to bookmark that.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Where can you find xGF stats for a single game? I'll have to bookmark that.

Pretty sure hockeyviz and evolvinghockey both have but both are subscription based. Natural Stat Trick has xG as well, though it is a bit more rudimentary.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The Birth of a Ceci: The Story of Philip Broberg's NHL Career

Calling it right now. Watching Oilers fans plug their ears and cover their eyes about this guy for the next 5 years is going to be an absolute treat for everyone else.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
The Birth of a Ceci: The Story of Philip Broberg's NHL Career

Calling it right now. Watching Oilers fans plug their ears and cover their eyes about this guy for the next 5 years is going to be an absolute treat for everyone else.

Why are you comparing Ceci to Broberg? or am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad