LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Shall we start from lets say 2011 (had none 2010)

2011: Baertschi - AHL-fodder
2012: Jankowski - Lol
2013: Monahan top-6 center (so good) and want me to mention the 2 other picks?
2014: Bennett - Well you would wish for more when you pick at 4
2015: none
2016: Cant miss everytime so, well done
2017: Valamäki - I think this will be good in the end
2018: None

2019-2020 to soon.

So between 2011-2018 they made 1 really good pick and 1 solid. Rest well..

I think Oilers have done better if you don´t count the 1 overalls, Klefbom, Drai, Nurse, but if you add the first, well worse I think...
2011: Baertschi - AHL-fodder traded for 2nd round pick that is set to start the year on our top pairing
2012: Jankowski - Lol played 208 games for the Flames
2013: Monahan top-6 center (so good) and want me to mention the 2 other picks? Monahan still leads his draft class in goals. The other two didn't turn out, like quite a few of the later half of the 1st round that year
2014: Bennett - Well you would wish for more when you pick at 4 yes you would wish for more. not a waste either
2015: none traded for Hamilton, who in turn was the main piece of a trade that landed the Flames two players picked #5 overall
2016: Cant miss everytime so, well done Tkachuk has outperformed his draft position
2017: Valamäki - I think this will be good in the end pretty damn good player to get at #16, big part of the Flames' future
2018: None flushed it for Hamonic. Not really a waste but a poor trade for sure

2019-2020 to soon. Pelletier and Zary both are promising prospects

By no means a perfect record but not seeing a whole lot of "waste" here and certainly not worst in the league.

So between 2011-2018 they made 1 really good pick and 1 solid. Rest well..
I think Oilers have done better if you don´t count the 1 overalls, Klefbom, Drai, Nurse, but if you add the first, well worse I think...

Well why the hell wouldn't you count those lmao. Not even trying to compare the two but an honest comparison would include a comparison of draft positions.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Wait, are you saying those 3 defenseman are superior skaters than Broberg? :laugh:

I think you need to watch a healthy Broberg play, and not limit your opinion solely on the WJ's like 90% of HF is doing

He must be talking about overall.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Soooo, what am I missing? If Broberg is injured why is he playing for his club in Sweden?
He sat out for a couple of games after returning and is now getting brought back slowly at around 13 minutes a night. Neither injury was ever deamed long term, the Skelleftea medical team said he needed two weeks of rest, between his last WJC game and his first SHL game back it was 12 days so it fits the timeline.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
He's being eased back in as the #7D.

He's got 2 points in 3 games since the WJC regardless.

He sat out for a couple of games after returning and is now getting brought back slowly at around 13 minutes a night. Neither injury was ever deamed long term, the Skelleftea medical team said he needed two weeks of rest, between his last WJC game and his first SHL game back it was 12 days so it fits the timeline.

Thanks guys! Good to see it's not serious and that everything's' going according to plan. Sounds like he's playing just fine too.

Reactions: snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese