LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Why are you comparing Ceci to Broberg? or am I missing something here?
Because he is a one of those leaf fans who'd rather attack players from other teams than simply support his own

Also pretty sad that he changed his avatar to try and fool people into thinking he is a knights fans even when he is a well known leafs homer

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because he is a one of those leaf fans who'd rather attack players from other teams than simply support his own

Also pretty sad that he changed his avatar to try and fool people into thinking he is a knights fans even when he is a well known leafs homer

There's a section of nearly every fanbase that just doesn't want anyone else to have anything nice so they lash out. There are a lot of Leaf fans so even if 1% of them suck, that's a lot of sucky people.

Reactions: Dempsey

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Um, I'm not a leafs fan.

In fact, I called them a soul crushing experience for their fans on cbj vs tor thread. That team's a joke.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

By the way, it's an utterly disgusting tactic to go through posts and dismiss opinions based on fandom. Just so pathetic.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Where can you find xGF stats for a single game? I'll have to bookmark that.

Natural Stat Trick is the only one I'm aware of doing these games without a subscription (moneypuck isn't doing exhibition games). FYI, it looks like their filters are broken at the moment so if you're looking for yesterday's games you need to go to a team's "Pre-Season" games even though they do have an "RTP Exhibition" filter (which doesn't seem to do anything right now).

Reactions: Dr Quincy

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I think they'll have similar career trajectories. Similar defences for bad players. Similar arguments. etc etc.

Ceci was nowhere near the skater Broberg is though. I dont really see the comparison an I'm a fan of both teams.

I was admittedly a fan if Ceci as a prospect, an he never panned out... but if he could skate like Broberg things may have been different.

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: McNurse

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
By the way, it's an utterly disgusting tactic to go through posts and dismiss opinions based on fandom. Just so pathetic.
Its not a bad tactic. Someone having to go through your previous posts suggest you have posted something that is either outlandish or there is a hidden agenda.
No one goes through previous posts to figure out 'fandom' of posters who have logical opinions.

Broberg being comparable to Ceci is a head scratcher. They have very little in common.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ceci was nowhere near the skater Broberg is though. I dont really see the comparison an I'm a fan of both teams.

I was admittedly a fan if Ceci as a prospect, an he never panned out... but if he could skate like Broberg things may have been different.

Edit: Spelling

The Ceci comparison makes no sense at all. Actually the bests comps for me are already on the Oilers in Nurse and Klefbom, slanted more towards Nurse. Broberg has great size and great mobility, but has questionable hockey instincts and offensive upside.

I wasn't a fan of the pick so high considering the Oilers already have Klefbom and Nurse who bring very similar skillsets, seemed pretty redundant to me. They could have used a forward more like Zegras and I've never been a fan of taking LHD's with top picks in general unless they are of the super stud variety like Dahlin, Heiskanen, Hedman.

The size and skating definitely stand out and make Broberg a flashy prospect, but he's going need time and patience. He is going to need a lot of reps, AHL time after another year in the SHL is probably best. He should be a really good puck transporter like Nick Leddy, but it remains to be seen whether other parts of his game will stand out in the future.

I don't see a top pairing guy in him, but a solid #3D as his ceiling. He doesn't look like he'll ever be QB'ing the #1PP, but should log good ES minutes and be able to contribute on the PK. Broberg should be around 20 minute average TOI with his potential profile.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
As an Oiler fan, I was happy to see Broberg play last night, but definitely needs a lot of work moving forward imo.

Rewatching the game in the back ground this morning a little closer. That was a very physical game for Broberg to step into. His skating looked good (it’s near the end of the second period on the rewind) but definitely a little shaky in some of his position and decision making which is to be expected when the bullets are live and this is the most physical rivalry in hockey right now bar none.

Welcome to the NHL kid. D is a tough position to break into in the NHL and D men take a long time to develop compared to forwards generally speaking.

I highly doubt he’ll be in the opening lineup against the Hawks but he’s showed well all camp, this is great experience just being in an NHL environment.

Jones will be healthy for the opening night, he was only in tonight because Jones wasn’t playing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Ceci comparison makes no sense at all. Actually the bests comps for me are already on the Oilers in Nurse and Klefbom, slanted more towards Nurse. Broberg has great size and great mobility, but has questionable hockey instincts and offensive upside.

I wasn't a fan of the pick so high considering the Oilers already have Klefbom and Nurse who bring very similar skillsets, seemed pretty redundant to me. They could have used a forward more like Zegras and I've never been a fan of taking LHD's with top picks in general unless they are of the super stud variety like Dahlin, Heiskanen, Hedman.

The size and skating definitely stand out and make Broberg a flashy prospect, but he's going need time and patience. He is going to need a lot of reps, AHL time after another year in the SHL is probably best. He should be a really good puck transporter like Nick Leddy, but it remains to be seen whether other parts of his game will stand out in the future.

I don't see a top pairing guy in him, but a solid #3D as his ceiling. He doesn't look like he'll ever be QB'ing the #1PP, but should log good ES minutes and be able to contribute on the PK. Broberg should be around 20 minute average TOI with his potential profile.

That's how most of us feel about him too.

I think a lot of people misunderstand our viewpoints on Broberg. Many of us didn't like the pick and don't think it made any sense given the makeup of our team and prospect pool, but that doesn't mean we don't like the prospect or think he has upside.

A solid #3 is what Nurse is today, and I think it's a pretty good comparable for Broberg.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
That's how most of us feel about him too.

I think a lot of people misunderstand our viewpoints on Broberg. Many of us didn't like the pick and don't think it made any sense given the makeup of our team and prospect pool, but that doesn't mean we don't like the prospect or think he has upside.

A solid #3 is what Nurse is today, and I think it's a pretty good comparable for Broberg.

Holy shit, you and I actually agree on something. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
To be fair, he did not look great in the first. But in the other two periods he did fine for playing his first NHL game* and first game on a smaller rink. He made a few nice breakout passes, put himself out to stop an easy goal and did well against a strong forecheck a few times. He wasn’t impressive, but he did absolutely fine

Reactions: B33K33PING

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Rewatching the game in the back ground this morning a little closer. That was a very physical game for Broberg to step into. His skating looked good (it’s near the end of the second period on the rewind) but definitely a little shaky in some of his position and decision making which is to be expected when the bullets are live and this is the most physical rivalry in hockey right now bar none.

Welcome to the NHL kid. D is a tough position to break into in the NHL and D men take a long time to develop compared to forwards generally speaking.

I highly doubt he’ll be in the opening lineup against the Hawks but he’s showed well all camp, this is great experience just being in an NHL environment.

Jones will be healthy for the opening night, he was only in tonight because Jones wasn’t playing.
The biggest benefit from this game, is he actually gets to see what a real NHL game is like, that wasn't just a normal exhibition game where the lesser players shine, that was both teams starting lineups for the most part, going full tilt for most of the game.

Reactions: snipes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Good post, and if he becomes a solid #3 at pick 8, that is still a win, hes also a much better skater than Nurse.

Only time will tell what he turns into I guess, I would of prefered zegras with the pick also.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good post, and if he becomes a solid #3 at pick 8, that is still a win, hes also a much better skater than Nurse.

Only time will tell what he turns into I guess, I would of prefered zegras with the pick also.

Disagree with the bolded - Broberg's an excellent skater, but Nurse is a very strong skater in his own right. It's arguably the thing he does best.

Reactions: zar

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Disagree with the bolded - Broberg's an excellent skater, but Nurse is a very strong skater in his own right. It's arguably the thing he does best.

Me as well, Nurse is a fantastic skater that is definitely his best quality.

Broberg might be slightly ahead as his skating is more on a young Jay Bouwmeester level but Nurse isn’t that far behind in terms of skating at the same age.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Pretty poor singular exhibition game, 1 xGF%, didn't pass the eye test. But it was to be expected, he's not near ready. Needs to play DY+2 in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad