LD Pavel Mintyukov (2022, 10th, ANA)

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
That whole sequence with hitting Dumba, then going down the ice himself and almost scoring (before Terry scored) was elite.

Have to say he's an exceptionally exciting player.
Watching the highlights early this AM, I literally said "woah!" as I watched that play. Last time highlights caused a verbal reaction from me was when McDavid skated through half a team scoring a highlight goal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Reminds me of Lidstrom but with a physical edge to his game. What a find by the Ducks scouting staff.

I turned on the Bruins vs. Ducks game in Anaheim at the start of the 2nd period. And Jack Edwards kept saying this name "Mintyukov" over and over. The more I watched I was like "where the heck did the Ducks find him?" Just blown away by his overall game. No idea he was the 10th overall pick in 2022. Great young player. Should get some (lots) of Calder love based on his work thus far.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Best offensive D so far yes, best D nope.

Sorry but youre just wrong and Im assuming you havent watched him play one game this season. And the fact that you said "offensive" kind of reinforces that.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES Jiricek. He and Hughes were the only guys I had ahead of Minty. Mintyukov has been all around amazing.

Have you watched Mintyukov play any games in the NHL?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sorry but youre just wrong and Im assuming you havent watched him play one game this season. And the fact that you said "offensive" kind of reinforces that.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES Jiricek. He and Hughes were the only guys I had ahead of Minty. Mintyukov has been all around amazing.

You don't even have to ask the question. Minty has been one of if not the best defensive presences on the blueline for the team in a year where so far they're not bleeding shots against like last year.

Anyone who would even impliedly question his two way play hasn't watched Mintyukov play yet.

For instance, last night he had the best defensive metrics among the D-men

Jiricek can be great without knocking the performance of another player.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

Just ignore him. Anyone who says Jiricek over him, unironically, this season so far, is trolling.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

He's probably just going off some sort of scouting report that pegged this guy as an offensive D. But you are right. Mintyukov has been amazing all around including defensively. Hughes was from the previous draft though. Not sure who will be better between the two. Hughes' numbers away from the dumpster fire that is Brendan Smith are pretty special. Would love either on my team and both are a joy to watch,

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Just ignore him. Anyone who says Jiricek over him, unironically, this season so far, is trolling.
Don't think it's trolling so much as holding on to early hype for what will be a great player.

Just don't think he has been as good as Mintyukov in either zone so far this season. But the season is still very young.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don't think it's trolling so much as holding on to early hype for what will be a great player.

Just don't think he has been as good as Mintyukov in either zone so far this season. But the season is still very young.
Jiricek could still be the better player after game 41.

As of right now its not really close who is making the biggest impact on the blue line from the 2022 class. Which is all I said.

Reactions: majormajor

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He's probably just going off some sort of scouting report that pegged this guy as an offensive D. But you are right. Mintyukov has been amazing all around including defensively. Hughes was from the previous draft though. Not sure who will be better between the two. Hughes' numbers away from the dumpster fire that is Brendan Smith are pretty special. Would love either on my team and both are a joy to watch,

I mean top defensive prospects in the league not just the draft.

Obviously Minty has been the best in the small sample size, but ya, anyone saying he is an offensive defensemen is just outing themselves.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Watching the highlights early this AM, I literally said "woah!" as I watched that play. Last time highlights caused a verbal reaction from me was when McDavid skated through half a team scoring a highlight goal.
The list of guys who can do that at the NHL level is very very short. And it's not as if it's just a single flash, he's just been really really good.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
As punishment for Anaheim's role in the Anaheim/Ottawa/Vegas Dadonov debacle, I truly believe that the NHL should strip Anaheim of their first round pick from that year.

Yes, that would be 2022 and yes, that would be Mintyukov, and in turn put him into the draft pool for the 2024 draft.

It would only be fair to the Sharks, who at 11 in 2022 wouldve picked Minty if it weren't for those meddling Ducks arghh curse you Ducks!!!

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
As punishment for Anaheim's role in the Anaheim/Ottawa/Vegas Dadonov debacle, I truly believe that the NHL should strip Anaheim of their first round pick from that year.

Yes, that would be 2022 and yes, that would be Mintyukov, and in turn put him into the draft pool for the 2024 draft.

It would only be fair to the Sharks, who at 11 in 2022 wouldve picked Minty if it weren't for those meddling Ducks arghh curse you Ducks!!!
I remember being so happy seeing SJ trade WAY down after the Ducks took him. Just made the pick that much better haha

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84 and Arthuros

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I remember being so happy seeing SJ trade WAY down after the Ducks took him. Just made the pick that much better haha

Getting him wouldve helped to clean up our defensemen problem. We've drafted so many offensive dmen since then. That 2022 draft we traded down to draft Mattias Havelid and Jake Furlong, offensive dmen. Sharks literally cannot move the puck out of our zone this year, it's brutal lol

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Getting him wouldve helped to clean up our defensemen problem. We've drafted so many offensive dmen since then. That 2022 draft we traded down to draft Mattias Havelid and Jake Furlong, offensive dmen. Sharks literally cannot move the puck out of our zone this year, it's brutal lol
Well we gifted you Thrun to make up for it :sarcasm:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
The list of guys who can do that at the NHL level is very very short. And it's not as if it's just a single flash, he's just been really really good.
In terms of D I think only Makar is really the only one capable of doing it with some consistency and frequency. That's how good Mintyukov can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad