LD Pavel Mintyukov (2022, 10th, ANA)

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
yikes. shouldn't laugh given how kakko and laf have performed but at least those were the consensus picks at their spot

A lot of the people who rip the Rangers for those picks, would have ripped them for picking anyone else at the time. They were the heavy consensus choices like you said, sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
yikes. shouldn't laugh given how kakko and laf have performed but at least those were the consensus picks at their spot
I still have hope for Kakko and Laf of being solid players. At least they'll be able to salvage value there.
Things look more pessimistic for Slaf like even 41 points in 82 games is so way out of reach for him.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I still have hope for Kakko and Laf of being solid players. At least they'll be able to salvage value there.
Things look more pessimistic for Slaf like even 41 points in 82 games is so way out of reach for him.
The only thing dumber than taking him #1 was rushing the shit out of him. Montreal did both and apparently values saving face more than developing a guy clearly and massively out of his league right now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I mean if you look for the worst outcome in every situation yes, though what kind of way to live is that lol.

It can be tough to be grounded in reality but just enjoy Mintyukov on a game by game or season by season basis.

It's better to not proclaim anything too early, it'll work itself out :)

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Another point tonight. Stays right on top of the rookie scoring lead with Cooley and Brink
And virtually every point has been important... Ducks have mostly played tight games so every goal counts, it's not like the team is up or down 4 or 5 goals and he's getting garbage time points. Plus he plays good defense (and not just for a rookie).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Has anyone told him that he's not supposed to be this good and well rounded? :laugh: feels like we got him as a prominent, experienced free agent instead of from our own system :laugh:

I hope his play is sustainable, bit tbh I don't see why not. Not like he's getting lucky. As mentioned before, it's not even about the points but the eye test.

I hope he can be in the Calder race throughout the season :)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Similar stats with MASSIVE defensive edge to Jiricek. Mintyukov is horrible defensively, just have more space and opportunities to produce offensively. Jiricek as of right now does everything Mintyukov does but better.

I'm a Columbus fan and this ain't it. Minty is way better right now, Jiricek is way too slow foot speed wise.

Who knows long term but right now its Minty and it's not close.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Reactions: Guadana and Rasp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm a Columbus fan and this ain't it. Minty is way better right now, Jiricek is way too slow foot speed wise.

Who knows long term but right now its Minty and it's not close.
it’s funny no one has said anything negative about jiricek, and everyone expects him to be great…. But I guess some people hate to see another player getting hyped

Who is Jiricek partner, and how come he’s only playing 13ish mins a night.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
it’s funny no one has said anything negative about jiricek, and everyone expects him to be great…. But I guess some people hate to see another player getting hyped

Who is Jiricek partner, and how come he’s only playing 13ish mins a night.
He's been paired with Provorov and he's been fine but nothing special imo. Vincent is bringing him along slowly I guess. He hasn't really impressed in the offensive zone like Minty and Jiricek has taken some penalties defensively. The footspeed also is something that can be improved. He probably should be in the AHL to develop properly.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He's been paired with Provorov and he's been fine but nothing special imo. Vincent is bringing him along slowly I guess. He hasn't really impressed in the offensive zone like Minty and Jiricek has taken some penalties defensively. The footspeed also is something that can be improved. He probably should be in the AHL to develop properly.
That’s fair tho I think Provorov is prob a pretty good partner for him.

Do you think they are going to send him down at some point to get more mins, or they just going to have him learn on the fly at nhl level.

Him and Mintyukov were my 2 favorite dmen in that draft…. I really like the fantilli/jiricek vs carlsson/Mintyukov … should be fun duos to watch going forward

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought that dude was trolling. I hope he did.

Anyhow, regarding Minty's defensive game... the Ducks currently sit at #10 in the league. Minty co-leads the team in +/-. So in even strength there is no player on our team with a better goal differential at even strength. That's solid.

Reactions: lwvs84

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That’s fair tho I think Provorov is prob a pretty good partner for him.

Do you think they are going to send him down at some point to get more mins, or they just going to have him learn on the fly at nhl level.

Him and Mintyukov were my 2 favorite dmen in that draft…. I really like the fantilli/jiricek vs carlsson/Mintyukov … should be fun duos to watch going forward
My guess is they're going to leave him up until he really starts to struggle or it's very apparent that the team is missing the playoffs.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3