LD Pavel Mintyukov (2022, 10th, ANA)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought the Russians looked pretty weak this year. Not many standouts on their team. This guy was probably the best prospect, but there weren't any big standouts.

Mintyukov has good size, skating, plays both ends of the rink and showed that he can deliver some big hits. Late 2003 born player, so he's a 2022 draft eligible player. He has 2 points in 13 games to start the MHL season.

Pavel Mintyukov at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Was just checking about him, glad that a thread already existed.

6 foot 1, 6 foot 2 LD, but pretty light weight 170+ pounds
- thou. i think its better that way at that age, no need to be buffed straight away.

Already played 33 games in the MHL this season+ was ppg in the WHC-17 in 6 games.

Is he a offensive or 2-way d-man? - ah, seems that he is a 2-way, according to few websites, articles
that i just finished reading.

" He is a mobile defenseman with a lot of skill, and one that has really grown his game as the season went on in the MHL.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Just got to see him for the first time last night at Saginaw camp. Super mobile with really good hands. Scored and had an assist in thier scrimmage. Needs to put on some weight but looked solid in his first action

Reactions: BMann

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Looks like Pavel was upgraded from a B level prospect to an A level prospect by NHL Central Scouting meaning a potential 1st round pick for this year's draft.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Mintyukov with 2 more assists last night against Windsor. 18-GP Pt-14 he is getting use to the O and his teammates

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
IIRC he’s an 03 so he won’t be eligible for the U18 team.
Should make the u-20 team however.

You are correct he is an 03 and not eligible for the upcoming u18 championships. Even though I think he should be there , there is also no guarantee he makes the u20 WJC . He is an underager playing in NA and there are other defenders with WJC/KHL experience he is competing against.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not really an underager in all honesty, just not drafted.
Players eligible for the next year WJC are underagers. 2003 born can play in the WJC 2022/23. This definition is based on IIHF eligibility rules. It's pretty objective. The WJC is for 19 year olds and younger in general.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Players eligible for the next year WJC are underagers. 2003 born can play in the WJC 2022/23. This definition is based on IIHF eligibility rules. It's pretty objective. The WJC is for 19 year olds and younger in general.
As an 18 year old you’re no longer eligible to participate in any other IIHF sanctioned events other than the U-20 WJC or higher.
The way I define “underager” at the WJC is if the player has to wear a cage or not in all honesty. Simple but effective.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
As an 18 year old you’re no longer eligible to participate in any other IIHF sanctioned events other than the U-20 WJC or higher.
The way I define “underager” at the WJC is if the player has to wear a cage or not in all honesty. Simple but effective.
The IIHF defines it differently though. Look up the rules. It is defined by birth year.

And as a late November born Mintyukov will be by all means an underager this year. He just turned 18 a few days ago.

Yes, he won't be eligible for the U18 WC, exactly because of the birth year rule. Even if he is just a month too old to make it. It is always the same with players born close to the cutoff dates.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00