LD Olli Juolevi - TPS, Liiga (2016, 5th, VAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
BTW

What we are seeing now from Joulevi IS his ceiling a good European League defenceman, its the same reason he was not able to elevate his game after being drafted, the same reason, he's STILL getting called out for things

Its the reasons for Salo's "Hope in hell" statement, he sees him for what he is: He doesn't have the NHL desire or intensity, he doesn't have a gear above what we've seen.

There will be no "elevating" his game, he doesn't want to have to work any harder than he already has, he thought he was the best defensemen in his draft when he found out that he wasn't and it would take a whole new level of commitment to move up the ladder he stopped trying, he's probably perfectly comfortable with the type of salary he can make at home,

This one, unlike Jake, is going to be a full-on bust

He a good player, but he's not an NHL player by a MILE.....this one is a write-off, time to move on.

What a pathetic post.

Juolevi is 19 years old but has reached his ceiling and is a bust.

tenor.gif

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
What a pathetic post.

Juolevi is 19 years old but has reached his ceiling and is a bust.

tenor.gif

I also enjoyed him criticising the Pettersson pick because he might end up a winger. #1 ranked prospect in the world who just is setting records but nope our dim witted GM shouldnt have picked him because he might end up a winger.

I hope he's just trolling because I'm concerned for his mental health otherwise.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Juolevi has been excellent for someone playing their first season out of juniors. Also the best defenseman in the team in the playoffs (and the team is deep on Dmen). Not sure if he'll be in the NHL next year yet, I'd guess a year at least in the AHL first. But his stint in Finland has been a great success.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
BTW

What we are seeing now from Joulevi IS his ceiling a good European League defenceman, its the same reason he was not able to elevate his game after being drafted, the same reason, he's STILL getting called out for things

Its the reasons for Salo's "Hope in hell" statement, he sees him for what he is: He doesn't have the NHL desire or intensity, he doesn't have a gear above what we've seen.

There will be no "elevating" his game, he doesn't want to have to work any harder than he already has, he thought he was the best defensemen in his draft when he found out that he wasn't and it would take a whole new level of commitment to move up the ladder he stopped trying, he's probably perfectly comfortable with the type of salary he can make at home,

This one, unlike Jake, is going to be a full-on bust

He a good player, but he's not an NHL player by a MILE.....this one is a write-off, time to move on.
Please stop posting, your opinions are awful and extremely wrong.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
This Finnish kid is such a bust, he’s been so bad and he isn’t in the NHL! Time is ticking!!!!! The retirement home is just around the corner!!!! He’s peaked!!!!!

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Haven't been watching the game, but Juolevi has helped TPS claw back from the brink of elimination with two primary assists.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Nice to see him produce at clutch moments, but I don't know how much he contributed to TPS being down 5-3 in the first place.
Fraser has been awful today and on the ice for every Tappara goal it seems like. Juolevi has been a rock all game, easily TPS' best player. He's been on the ice for 4 out of TPS' 5 goals I believe.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
+3 in a high scoring game, over 26 minutes of TOI and 2 primary assists, not a bad game. I can see why some people say Juolevi looks uninterested and lethargic, it looked like he wasn't even skating at one point, but still he managed to do his job defensively very well.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Just awesome to hear he played very well when they needed him the most. TPS is just so old team, I can see why the series ended in 4 games.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
+3 in a high scoring game, over 26 minutes of TOI and 2 primary assists, not a bad game. I can see why some people say Juolevi looks uninterested and lethargic, it looked like he wasn't even skating at one point, but still he managed to do his job defensively very well.

Also had 10 shots today.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Is there a defensive prospect in hockey that receives as much flack as Juolevi? In some people's minds, this kid can do no right, no matter how well he plays.

The worst parts is, most of it seems to come from his own fanbase. And this is why we can't have nice things...
because matthew tkachuk was an instant impact player for calgary, and then clayton keller put up a 65pt rookie season. neither of those things helped, and we are inherently reactionary

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
because matthew tkachuk was an instant impact player for calgary, and then clayton keller put up a 65pt rookie season. neither of those things helped, and we are inherently reactionary
The correct word is reactive. Reactionary refers to a right wing political tendency. Just an FYI you can thank me if you feel like it. :)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Is there a defensive prospect in hockey that receives as much flack as Juolevi? In some people's minds, this kid can do no right, no matter how well he plays.

The worst parts is, most of it seems to come from his own fanbase. And this is why we can't have nice things...

Only the Canuck fanbase on his forum is this hostile towards their own prospects. The other Canuck fan communities are not like this. It's one thing to realize that there are players ahead of him doing better very early, (Sergechev, Tkachuk, Keller), but it's another thing to hate him, and want him to fail badly, like some loser Canucks fans here.

not bad that he was a +3 in a 6-5 losing cause.

He's still got a bronze medal game coming up, no clue what that is, some European hockey followers fill us in on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad